does it really mean nothing?

PaperWings

Ive been having issues with this guy for almost a year now. We've been really good friends since we met last year but its never really just been that. He had a girlfriend for awhile but he took a break with her because it was difficult and he had feelings for me. then they got back together after a summer of being apart but he flirted with me and talked about how he had liked me. I confronted him about it and after telling him I wasnt going to be the other girl he broke up with her supposedly for me. but not for awhile (be wanted to do it at the right time). and Ill admit I was really immature about it.. I called him alot and got mad at him continually

in the meantime he fell for his bestfriend of 4 years almost. (she broke his heart) he basically tore me apart but he felt so sad about it I forgave him and moved on and grew up from it. but after while he started flirting with me again. and hes said that it meant nothing and he still had feelings for his bestfriend. plus he says that his ex is precious to him and he cares about her. I just accepted it and let it go

but now its gotten to be so much more than that. We go to school together and we had a project for a class and we've been spending alot of time together and gotten even closer. its done now but he texts me alot and if Im upset he does random things to make me feel better and if he comes up to me and Im with another guy hes gets a weird look on his face. if we're alone hes all over me. like the other day we were at his house and he started tickling me and we were on the ground where he was basically on top of me until he pulled me into this hug on his chest where he wouldnt let go. and then yesterday he came to my house to pick up something but he hesitated and didnt leave right away like I thought he would. he kept pulling me to him and holding me. at one point he backed me up to my kitchen counter and pressed agaisnt me but didnt try anything more than that.

and yet in the past when hes done things like this "it doesnt mean anything." so my question guys is does that really mean nothing? how can that mean nothing? maybe Im seeing something more in this than there is but I dont understand how when someone does things like that, it doesnt mean anything

It means nothing because the guy is fickle. He can't seem to make a commitment to anyone...the minute he has one person his mind starts wandering to someone else. He is toying with you. Notice how he does all that physical stuff but yet he hasn't asked you to be his girlfriend...in fact, he always seems to be interested in someone else, not you, yet messes around with your head. I would actually steer clear of him because it sounds like he is immature and just wants a fan club.

I understand that thoroughly. and Im not trying to start anything with him. I guess maybe my question was misunderstood. what I wanted to know was: can those touchly feely actions and nice gestures that he did really mean nothing for a guy? guys in general

Yes...lots of people (both men and women) can do all the touchy feelies and not have it mean anything beyond the superficial. You have to look at the big picture...all the actions...not just the touch feelies.

I understand that thoroughly. and Im not trying to start anything with him. I guess maybe my question was misunderstood. what I wanted to know was: can those touchly feely actions and nice gestures that he did really mean nothing for a guy? guys in general

Touchy feely is just a way a man gauges the womens reaction and desire for sex.

Archived