Not sure what to do

confusedgirrl

Hi all, I am new here and need some advise.

I have been casually dating this guy I work with for a little while but with in the last couple of months getting him to spend anytime with me or do anything with me has become more and more difficult. I mentioned this to him and he promised he would try harder to make time for me when he has free time, I'm still waiting for that to happen. I dont want to mention it anymore because the last time i said something about it we had a fight.

I want our relationship to get serious but we also have problems communicating, i told him we need to work on communicating with each other and he promised that he would try. There was a bit of improvement for a few days and now he has gone back to his old habits.

I dont know what i should do. Should I just give up or continue trying to get closer to him.

I would personally back away. A relationship in the early stages is supposed to flow, this one is one-sided.

Let him come to you, if not, there is always another around the corner. It should be 50/50 - All my LTR had this ratio, or as close as possible.

Agree with Portage. It sounds like you have tried putting yourself out there for this guy and he is not reciprocating. You can’t make a person love you. Don’t sell yourself short and lose all self respect. He needs to show some interest in you and in your relationship.

In situations like this, sometimes it's best to look at the ratio of how happy and content you are to how upset and stressed you are. If you find yourself more down while in this relationship because you seem to be making most the effort more than just being happy and content, it might be time for you to consider what's more important to you (you, him or the relationship) and move on.

Archived