Okay, well I've grown pretty mature when it comes to guys now compared to posts I've made here a few years ago. But, let's face it, none of us are experts. Which is why I have posted this.

This guy is in my sister's grade, so he's about a 1 1/2 years younger than I am. I really didn't know him then, but my sister became friends with him because he plays drums and she plays guitar. Eventually they formed a band and what not and he's always over our house and is close to us and our family. For a while now, he's been into my sister a lot. Thinking that she likes him, he's always texting her and what not. She does not like him at all, not one bit and often gets annoyed by him. She has made it clear that he is not her type at all.

Me on the other hand, I do find him somewhat attractive. But, I guess I wasn't really into him that much until recently. He's been acting "strange" around me. When he talks to me, he's always looking me deep in the eyes and there are times when we are close physically but it doesn't seem to bother him. Last week, my family and my sister had left the house and he was going to practice his drums while I was on the computer. But, instead it turned into us talking about life and what not. Basically, it was a really genuine conversation about life and the people he hangs out with and why he is labeled certain ways and what not. It seriously was the longest conversation ever, and when he finally went to practice he told me we need to get together sometime and talk more because there is A LOT more we need to know about each other. And he gave me this like weird look while saying it. And I kinda went a long saying yeah we should talk again. Then when he was leaving our house later that night he said it again that we really need to find a time and get together and talk about so much more. It's really weird because he was never like this until just recently.

There was another instance a few weeks ago when it was just me and him in my bedroom and I was working on something on the computer for him and I went to shut the blinds for my window where he was standing and he didn't move. He was literally inches away from my body and face and he just kind of looked at me. I looked more towards the blind because I didn't want to make it weird. It was just one of the moments where YOU KNOW that close physical proximity is not really normal.

Now on a side note, I am a "slightly" out-of-the-closet gay guy. Most of my friends and other people I know overtime would get the idea that I am gay. And I kind of believe he has an idea about it. I talked to my friend about it the other day and she said the same thing, that he has to know or at least have an idea.

However, one of the things I find very odd and yet disappointing is the way he is towards "guys" nude and what not. Like for example, watching wrestling on TV, he's like "I can barely watch this, I like boxing with punching and kicking but when guys are hugging each other and rubbing against each other it's gross." He was watching, but I mean he always seems to make these kind of remarks like he tries to act like he's deathly afraid of seeing another guy nude or guys together. That's what throws me off. It's not that he's homophobic perse. Like he talks about homosexuals and stuff like it's nothing and never says anything offensive like that's gross or anything. But for some reason I always hear him make remarks like that. And it's always around me, it's just weird.

Even today, I had to pick him up from school. And like when I pulled in the driveway he didn't get out, he was like talking and was like oh so what are you doing today? And stuff. He never asks me stuff like that. And I told him nothing and then he got out of the car and we still were talking. It's weird, I tend to have this "flirty" personality with guys with a heck of a lot of sarcasm. It's just who I am. And I always like make him smile and laugh and he's always looking like into my eyes when I do that. It's just definitely OUT of the ordinary for a straight guy. You know?

I don't know this may seem like a pointless little thing I'm going after. But, I guess we'll just wait and see when we talk again what he has to say. Any advice or input would be much appreciated.

Thank You!

I do think he's at least curious in experimenting with the same sex, but I think you have to be very careful. I wouldn't hit on or flirt with him overtly. He sounds like a pretty masculine dude who's simply curious--as a lot of dudes are. I wouldn't push it, but he's definitely not-so-subtly implied his interest by explicitly stating, apparently totally out of the blue, that he finds it disgusting to wrestle with another guy, standing close to and directly facing you and not moving, being charmed by your pseudo-flirtiness, etc.

Like I said, don't get your hopes up. These things usually don't pan out in any way; this is probably a guy who, barring any societal norms, would perhaps be a willing sexual partner. However, being as we don't live in that utopia and he feels a strong, whether societally or genetically imparted, gender identity, it's not all that likely to happen.

Archived