what exactly is integrity?

nthalley

Integrity is doing the right thing even if no one will know the difference. It's kind of hard to "test" it, because it would mean they would have to THINK you & no one else knows. Over time, when someone reliably does the right thing & you never hear about them getting caught when they thought no one was looking, you can be fairly certain that they have integrity.

You cannot test integrity. It is best shown when no one is watching or there will be no accolades for the deed. Time spent with the person, how they carry themselves and treat others shows more than anything. Many fake integrity every Sunday and then return to their ways Monday morning.

lost

I agree with this.

Integrity is holding up your moral values even when times are bad.

i don't think it's that hard to find out. most of the time, i figure it out pretty quickly whether someone has integrity or not. just watch what they do.. the things they do to others... how do they treat people who don't really matter? who others deem as "losers"? do their moral code suddenly change due to circumstances or is it still the same and still consistently treat others with respect/be truthful/do what they say they would etc?

Archived