Why is it that some males LOOK and STARE but they don't *approach*?!

nimisaj

Are they scared? Insecurities? The timing is off...?

Maybe they're thinking while they're looking...?

Why do some males look and look, or even stare--but they DON'T FRIGGIN' approach the female!?

They should say hello or something...

They probabky are shy and lack of confidence. like me also, when i look at pretty girls, i daren't approach them. I am afraid they may not like me or think me boring. I know i should not be that shy and should communicate with them. anyways, i think it is my opinion.

Personally because my previous experience in approaching girls sucked. Conversation with a complete stranger is really hard for me, leaving me feeling intimidated. I end up just thinking "I'm wasting this girl's time, she obviously wants me to leave" and walking off.

Not really sure why my conversational skills suck so much, it's a problem I noticed when I was very young... I used to listen to other people having conversations intensely trying to work out what I'm doing wrong, but I never figured out the problem.

I'd rather just look.

Yeah, that's what made me hesitate and do nothing, despite her smiling at me and both of us staring back and forth this past Friday.

I'm gonna approach her this upcoming Friday (if she's there), but I hope my "stranger convo skills" work for me, rather than against me (like usual).

I once came accross a very attractive woman... I looked at her and even thought of having a small talk but I then noticed the way she stared at me... I could feel the heat and disgust through her stare... It was almost like "stop looking at me you perv". I turned aside and walked past her.

us guys don't want to be labeld as sketchy sleezy mofo but it is a double edge sword.

if you approach her frankly (they might still call you weird sleazy) but a hater can't stand someone who tried and being honest to yourself and don't hold back emotions

if you just stare at her stalkingly, she knows or her girlfriends will tell her (ewww look at that guy with the child rapist stare)

i guess it is a good exercise to just approach the person and break the ice. i think it is an art and needs lots of practice to master it. i am sure once you practice it long enough it will become second nature.

i am pretty sure guys want to talk to the cute girl but we fear rejection and be blackmailed by all her girlfriends in the town that the dude is creepy. that would be worse than death.

Let's see, when I looked at girls and did nothing, what was going through my head?

1. Wowzas.

2. Ok, now what do I say when I approach? "Hi, how's it going?" No no no, that's what I say to best buds. "Hey, I like your shirt. Not that I'd want to wear it. I don't think it would look nearly as good on me as it does on you." Ah darn, now that I actually have something to say, she's gone.

3. She probably has a boyfriend who will kill me if I approach her.

4. Etc.

Most guys don't learn until late in life (if ever) that they have to have a default approach and not try to think of things on the spot. These are probably the guys you're coming accross, the ones who haven't approached a woman enough to be able to come up with something witty on the spot, and they don't have anything set in mind to say so they keep thinking of things and tossing them out as bad things to say to you.

I do smile! I smile a lot... too much, probably. Maybe some of them think I'm nuts!! lol

This was cute.

Just to let you know... guys, I'm looking your way and cyber smiling... haha.

You are my favorite poster today!!! Keep it up,your personality and humor seem awesome! Eventually one dude will chalk up the courage to say hi and initiate. Lets just hope hes your type though. HAHAHA.

Why do some males look and look, or even stare--but they DON'T FRIGGIN' approach the female!?

Maybe YOU should say hello or something.

If it was me I'm sure that I would just be too terrified to even come speak to you. I know what would work in my case, it may help you.

Why not just go say hi yourself first? I don't think it comes accross as needy or desperate to just go say hi to somebody. If he is interested it will be much easier for him to continue the conversation and take a more natural lead. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS BREAK THE ICE.

But then again I am one of those has-no-game-not-really-a-man men so what do I know?

All you have to do is look at the other threads in this section to get your answer imo.

If you want someone to approach and you they look shy you just have to do something a bit more obvious. I dunno like a wink or tilt-of-the-head-smile (think of a long distance "heya").

Heh but talk about contradictions here though; shy people are being told to smile a lot more and "look" confident so you might not be able to tell.

Hey again...

Males in my social circle have brainwashed me that men have to be the ones that pursue women... not the other way around. Of course, being in 2009 (woohoo1) I never miss an opportunity to say hello to someone IF the opportunity is there, but that's not often. There are a lot of times I don't initiate, approach or whatever b/c some guys give me weird looks. Yes, WEIRD LOOKS!

They either think there is something wrong with me that they look at me that way or something is wrong with them... I like to think the latter as opposed to the former.

Archived