I am feeling very sad right now

Raistlin

I have no idea why I'm feeling so sad as I've had a great day.

I recently signed up for some online dating sites (I know, I know) and I've been talking with some great girls on there. I met one today that would be a great friend, but I didn't feel much of a connection to her.

Even still, I've been feeling up as I've been out there meeting people. I even went to a bar with a buddy last night and had a drink and played pool. I've NEVER done that, so I know that I'm at least trying to get away from this computer and my "comfort zone".

After my day date today, I came home and I started watching 'Bruce Almighty'. I've seen the movie before, but one point in the movie hit me pretty hard.

Toward the end, Bruce gets hit by a semi and his ex gf comes to the hospital to be by his side. Stupid me started thinking about what would happen if I got in a wreck, and I realized that I would have plenty of family and friends by my side, but no SO.

Now, I should be comforted knowing that my family and friends would all drop whatever they were doing and immediately be there for me. However, I am saddened by the fact that I know that no matter what happens to me, the girl that I am still struggling to get over in some ways probably wouldn't care. On that same token, neither would anyone else.

**After writing this all out on paper, it made me seem very foolish in my line of thinking. I know I can cancel this thread, but I seem to need a profound wake up call so I'm going to post anyhow.

What part of this thread makes you feel foolish? Everyone has those feelings, and I'm so sorry you had such a setback today. It sounds like you are on the right track though, and you have to realize that every once in awhile, you'll pick up things during your day that will make you think of your ex. Eventually those thoughts will go away, and you will even stop caring about whether she cares... and it does get easier. But don't try to force anything... continue having fun out with your friends, and doing the things that make you happy.

Archived