He's gone until January

redrose85

My boyfriend left tonight for Christmas and the rest of December, and the second I got home I just felt so sad, because the apartment is so "empty" and quiet without him. The longest we've been apart is 5 days or so, and I'm just not used to this. I know it's a short amount of time, but when you take into account that we normally see each other every single day (live together) and have spent all of our past christmases together, this feels really rough. I don't need advice, I just need to get it out, because I can't admit to my friends that I miss him like crazy already.

We definitely have our own lives too, it's just weird when you live with someone and they're suddenly not there. It's only temporary, and I'm sure when I'm done feeling mopey I will take advantage of the fact that I have the house to myself lol. For now, I'm just feeling very emo. I just talked to him on the phone and was trying to keep my emotions to myself.

Aww! Sorry you're going through this. It is a short time so before you know it, he'll be at your door again Have fun now that you have the apartment to yourself, run around naked...sing, dance, I don't know...lol. I think it'll get better as the days pass. Just try to keep yourself busy.

Well, I'm having trouble getting any time off work. I had hoped to spend a few days with my sister visiting my grandma/aunt and uncle, but that seems to be a no-go. I'm spending christmas eve and day with my best friend and her kiddies, and christmas dinner will be with a friend and his family. On the 29th, I am holding a christmas dinner at my place for my sibs and their so's. Both my mom and sister are working on Christmas through the 27th, so no one is really doing a family christmas dinner on the actual day. I'm excited about having my own though

Oh great...see...it's not gonna be so boring after all. For some reason I had imagined you wouldn't be working (cause of the Christmas break), so that and having your family close by will certainly help you deal with the loneliness. And I also think it's really good for couples (especially those who live together and spend a ton of time together) to separate and spend time apart on occasion, I think it definitely does good to the relationship, the only downside is the missing part, but when you're back together it'll be like fireworks...lol. It'll make your bond grow stronger I would think.

Archived