should i be friends with an ex?

so... my ex broke up with me a week ago... and he still wants to be friends after im done healing... but im not sure if i want too...

he broke up with me before xmas... and during the hardest time of my life...

my mom had thyroid cancer... and shes now going thru treatment for it... and plus she has kidney stones... and ployps growing on her gall bladder and something is wrong with her liver.

he wants to still be friends after knowing all of that... should i be friends what him after im all done and healed? of course im not sure how long it will take me to heal... but he said he'll be waiting for me.

what do you guys think?

has anyone else been friends with their exes?

Tough call.

I guess the question is, does your ex have someone else? That will be a crucial piece of info that will most likely dictate what happens in the future.

If not, then being friends is okay, albiet a little soon. What's the motive to be friends, though?

However, if your ex has a new person, they may begin to resent you and possibly decay the friendship at a later point. Taking rejection twice is rougher than taking it once.

Give yourself some time to heal first and then make the decision to be friends. You cannot be friends after 1 week! Tell him you need to move on and need your space and when, and if, you're ever ready you will make contact with him. The friendship ball is in your court now!

Archived