What a "dumper" feels

grw

Funny... looking back at this... my ex who dumped me broke into my fb 2 months after BU. This goes to show that I was on her mind 2 months after BU like this post said. I shot myself in the foot because many women want me, toooo baaaaaad, you dumped me, and you dumped a man that always had options everywhere, just because they saw us as needy and clingy doesnt mean we were desperate and holding on to "all we can get". Its not my fault these people mix neediness with lack of value and attraction.

Thats very true....even though I never begged for her to get back together I did tell her that I loved her and didnt want this... but then agian I also said that I understand that I gotta let her go... and I do...but what confuses me is that if I did that....why is she still freking out when she sees me with other girls on pictures?? or why is she interested in who I am talking to or dating?? I guess she thought I couldnt do betteer than her....

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thats very true....even though I never begged for her to get back together I did tell her that I loved her and didnt want this... but then agian I also said that I understand that I gotta let her go... and I do...but what confuses me is that if I did that....why is she still freking out when she sees me with other girls on pictures?? or why is she interested in who I am talking to or dating?? I guess she thought I couldnt do betteer than her....

Stop talking to her Evilla, set a boundary man and tell her, "It really is none of your business how many girls I'm hooking up with now. Don't worry! I'm sure you'll find someone someday. Don't contact me because I'm not in, nor will I be in the habit of being friends with my Exes because it's not conducive to moving on with my life."

If you still have on Facebook, defriend.

Because thats attractive. As dumb as that sounds, you with someone else is attractive. Someone wanting you makes you look good. We all see something and think the worse, and she thinks the women are crawling on you, like what my ex thinks... well, knows.

I’m interested in this theory and think it may apply to me. Would really appreciate you reading the below...

Ex gf broke up with me 2.5 mths ago after 2.5 years. I went straight NC, accepted and respected her decision etc etc. Very loving BU as they go! The last thing she said to me after the BU chat was 'I love you and think I always will but we're not right for each other..'.

One thing she said was that I was ‘safe’ and it had become ‘too easy’. She is in a position where due to her father being extremely rich, she doesn’t really work, and she is also the most sexy and attractive girl I have ever seen in my life. As a result I put her on a pedestal, stopped being the relaxed fun guy I was at the start and almost started relying on her too much in my life – the holidays, the place to spend a chilled weekend when I needed to save cash etc etc – stopped seeing my friends so much and became a bit needy.

Since the BU, in the last 2.5 mths I haven't initiated contact once but have had the following from her...

- texts immediately after the BU saying thanks for being so wonderful to her, wish she could magic away the pain for both of us, I couldn’t have been a better boyfriend, she thinks she will always love me in some way.

- messages after one week asking how I am and sorry if it's selfish to contact me - I said I think it's best if we don't stay in contact for a while.

- message a month into BU saying she's finding the NC really difficult, will always care about me and be there for me, hopes we can be friends, misses lots of things about ‘us’.

- follow up to this message with a phone call (still month after BU) - catch up for a couple of hours and chat on phone - she breaks down crying saying she misses loads of things, tries to justify reasons why she doesn't think I’m the guy she's meant to marry and wanted to end it on a high (she's 24), said only remembers our relationship as fun, gets all emotional about the BU and says she's finding it really hard. I basically end by saying I think I need NC to try and move on, hope we can be friends one day.

-She goes on holiday straight after this with a lifelong guy friend and others (she was away with him just before the BU) – posts countless pics on fb of them looking very close – I don’t give in to the urge to ask if anything is going on and remain NC.

- She gets in touch a month after this (2 weeks ago), asking how I am and what I've been up to on facebook chat. Sees pics from my bday party on fb and asks if I am seeing a girl who is next to me in some photos as we look close (I'm not!). Pretty cheeky as she went on holiday with this close friend (although he’s very unattractive) a month after the BU and posted all those pics of them looking like a couple (still tempted to ask her if anything happened!).

- She then reminds me we need to swap stuff and suggests we meet for lunch or drinks - I say 'ok' and fix in a lunch meeting.

- Day later she texts me asking if we can speak as she really needs advice on something (house she's buying) and needs someone she can trust to talk to - I let her call, help her out, she messages me next day saying 'you're a star thanks so so much… I couldn't have understood all that without you'.

- We meet for lunch and swap stuff a week later - I stay calm and don't bring up the BU or relationship at all. She seemed a bit uneasy but we did laugh a lot.

That meeting was 2 weeks ago - haven't heard a thing since except her inviting me to an event on facebook which is near my flat and next week. Don't think I should go.

So... I still love this girl, I've lost a huge part of my life and miss her like mad, I was with her for 2.5 yrs, no arguments, amazing fun, the most attractive girl I have ever seen anywhere in my life who I fancied more after 2.5 years than on day 1, and someone I truly would have married in a flash and wanted to spend my life with - and whilst I avoided the begging she must know how I feel.

In my opinion once the honeymoon stage ended and she lost attraction a bit, she just gave up and figured there’s a better, more fun future elsewhere.

I’d be interested in you guy’s views on her mindset and why all the above contact has been initiated by her? I feel like there’s things I still need to say and understand and am tempted to arrange a drink to have that full closure chat, although I guess it’s probably a bad idea?

well, mine finally told me after 3.5months NC that she wasn't ready to let her 'wall' down at the time. It hurts as it seems to be bad timing. The relationship even though short (11 months) was great. She's told me I'm the best thing that's happened to her and how good the time we've spent together was. Hope is still there inside me, but realistically I don't think the reconciliation will happen, but I'd like to give us a second chance........

So to the OP, after 3.5 months NC, it feels like she needed to apologize for what she's done to me. I don't know if it's an opening or if it's her way to put closure. Time will tell, if it's meant to be it will be, I just wish I knew what the future holds for us.

Reading the things she did after the BU, i've noticed that this was exactly the things my ex did soon after.

However, i cracked long before you did due to not being emotionally strong enough, and i got burned loads because of it.

Make no mistake. If you give this girl even a single chance at hurting you, she will. The fact that you're staying strong, it's driving her completely nuts and bruising her ego, knowing that her beauty and your love for her isn't tricking you into chasing her - Her value is dropping in her eyes, and it's causing her to seek validation from you in order to repair it.

She's doing everything in her power to try and make you break, by making you jealous in whatever devious way she can. BTW, Facebook is an infamous thing for girls to do this amongst other laughable ways i've seen throughout the years and becoming immune and desensitized to them.

She's also playing a very smart mind game with you by saying how she's sorry things can't ever work out. She's essentially trying to bait you into begging and arguing against her...

When she does it again, agree with what she says and literally tell her that things can't ever work out again due to it not being the type of girl and relationship you want. Then go on to tell her the type of girl you expected her to be and how disappointed you are at how it hasn't worked out.

I would stay strong and cut contact completely - Don't even give her the pleasure to see you when she invites you out. Make her work her ass off for you. She's now in the position to prove herself to you why she should come back, together with a justified reason to explain how her behaviour towards you and the breakup will never happen again in order to take her back... Don't give her that power. Only give her a chance if she directly tells you that she wants you back.

If you really want to know how cruel girls can be. Try giving away your validation and watch what happens to you... It's not a pretty sight trust me...

Maverick.

Thanks Maverick... let me give you a little more info. I think you are pro bably right...

Me; Works quite hard, made her too much of my life, 2 years into relationship stopped being as fun and active (the guy she fell in love with) hence I think she lost attraction. Esentially I've lost more in the sense that she was largely my source of regular holidays / escapes from day to day life and I had made the mistake of relying on the relatinship too much for my own happiness (common mistake I know - causes them to lose attraction when you think it's the thing to do to hold on).

Her: Family have houses all over world, nips off on a holiday whenever the going gets tough, lives in a bit of a bubble... but is the most caring honest girl I have ever met. I genuinely believe she still loved me when she BU and I think she does care how I am / how much she hurt me.

Just before we broke up, she had been on holiday with some rich friends from overseas (where she grew up until age of 11) and it's like she saw an easier, more 'fun' care free future and just cut it once the easy honeymoon stage seemed to be over with us after 2.5 years.

When we met for lunch a few weeks ago, she told me she was suprised I hadn;t made any drunken calls and expressed disappointment at me having not made contact. I kind of just brushed this off and remained quite nonchalant.

So now I notice on fb she has nipped off for another quick trip to where she grew up, partying with these new friends who seem to be so much cooler and less boring than me (even though I pretty much guided her and was always there for the last 2.5 years).

Do you think the contact I outlined above is her defence mechanism to my lack of contact - almost a need to have me chasing, begging, pleading and letting her know how much I miss / want her?

The problem is - I want to let her know what I realise now about how I should have concentrated on my own life more etc - just let her know that I know the reasons why she lost attraction. And I am so curious about whether she got with this friend after we broke up - but should I just be the bigger man and leave it?

Also.. would you take from all the contact I outlined above that she still has feelings for me (guess it's hard not to when less than 3 mths from 2.5 yr relationship), or do you think it's purely her trying to feed her own ego and feel less guilty by checking up on me? The asking me about the girl she saw pics of me with is weird - don;t know whether to put that down to curiosity or jealousy (especially as I'm not interested in any other girls right now due to my feelings for ex!)

Alright, here is the break down- this isnt politically incorrect, but in my experience, and in many others, and in readings that confirmed it in elegant and sometimes hilarious terms, you guys are going at it all wrong (Maverick hit in on the head). This isnt for everyone, there are always except, but I have rarely seen them.

Ok Men, you are NOT the selector, again... you do NOT select the woman, they select YOU. They have more options than you, believe that. A women is said to get hit thousands of times a year if shes attractive. Some of these women, who know they are the selector, who know they get attention, will NOT settle for less in a man.

So what is less? Less in value.. Value is your worth next to your competition (other men, or in other words all of the thousands who hit on her). And value is found in the following for men:

Physical attraction- Its not as important as it is for females, but not a lot of men cant compensate for their looks with other traits

Strength of character social dominance, having boundaries that you protect, standing up for yourself, a bit of fearlessness- like it or not, you are a man. A straight woman wants a man, and most want what they envision a man to be, strong and fearless. They want to be ravaged and other stuff I dont want to get into, lol. Its an evolutionary thing, the woman, as the selector, picks the strongest of her suitors to mate with. The "strongest" were the tribal leaders (social domninance, strong boundaries as a leader, etc.). The strongest is attractive since the mans role was the protector. You lose this sexy attractive trait when you stop being social, start being needy and clingy- you have no leadership abilities, you are fearful of your woman leaving you (which sends a mental note to her that you dont feel as worthy as other men), you are not emotional stable to be her protector, or "rock" as we like to say. If you dont have that... then what the H are you? A week, timid person that stays home?

I would go as far to say that this trait is stronger than physical looks. I, as a shy kid, most girls I got with approached me. I relied on looks, and i lost them ALL in a few months, because I was weak. And all of them settled with guys with lesser looks, but they would decimate in social situations in mere seconds, look cold and fearless in any situation, and even if I stood next to him with 100lb dumbbells in my hand, he can utter a word and make me feel small. A sexy guy wont look so cute if he sits down all timid and has guys around him talking over him and pushing him away.

Confidence- this ties in with the above. Confidence is sexy for both sexes. This shows strength and releases the belief that you are better looking than you are. Dont believe me? Start acting desperate and needy and worry about your gf leaving you, and see how long your relationship last. All powerful men are confident.

There are other small things like ambitions, being careless (less emotion, ties in with strength of character), dress, hygiene, and being honorable, etc. There are also shifts in male and feminine polarity that people keep talking about, but the women I usually go for want a strong man (i would say majority of women in general).

But the above is mostly many of the reasons why gfs leave their man. You lost your attractive traits, and the women, being the selector, will throw words like, "it doesnt feel the same anymore", "i just dont see you like that, we are more like friends now" or they will be blunt and say, "I just dont like you like that anymore". Some women cant even put the finger on why they dont want you anymore.

I dont recommend anyone be a jerk, but why do women chase after jerks? Well, look at a jerk, hes careless (doesnt show too much emotion (im talking about the careless "i dont care, leave me alone" guys, not abusers), which means he is in control of his shows of "weakness"), hes confident (he doesnt fear her leaving, hes being a jerk and still expects her to stay), and unfortunately, he pushes his value and downgrades hers (i dont recommend this).

Heres the thing: many women of high value wants to chase, not be chased. You chase, congrats, you are one of the thousands that hit on her, no different than the rest, another pin in the rack. You dont chase, that shows confidence, social dominance, importance, and control of your emotions. Remember, the tribal leader is chased, all the others chase, the tribal leader is the one that will protect the offspring of his mate the most effectively, HE IS THE ONE TO BE SELECTED FROM. He is so strong, HE is the selector, and acts that way- that is attractive.

Bad traits

Needy: no strength, no social dominance, no confidence

Clingy: same as above

staying home: no social dominance, no ambition, no leadership

being a pushover: weak, fearful, no ambition

being jealous: lack confidence

All this makes you lose value, in other words, you lose attraction. In here you can come up with a battle-plan on how to attempt to get your ex back, how to re-spark your relationship, or at least figure out what might have went wrong. All these traits are sexy, they are the boobs in women, the booty in women, the curves, the face, the hair of women, but through the eyes of women looking at us.

Thorshammer is right.

In light of what was said, if you feel all of that is too much for you to muster, there is a shortcut to all of this.

In my experience, there really isn't a more powerful attraction trigger than to have a girl see you admired by loads of girls.

It's so powerful that pretty much everything that Thorshammer said will all get overlooked by having just this one quality.

It doesn't matter if you look gay, incredibly macho, a timid nice guy or a complete chode... If you're seen to be admired by members of the opposite sex, all of the other girls by default will be into you as well.

I would advise to focus on building up your social circle of female friends. When you're out, try not to focus on dates, but actually making friends with them and invite them all out to events with you.

You're going to quickly see what a big difference this is going to make in your ability to meet other girls.

Have you noticed why guy's are more attractive to girls when he's in a relationship?

There's been a lot of observations made by this in the past about how a guy's more confident when he's with a girl and whatever. But as Thorshammer said about the girls being the selectors. It's got nothing to do with the guy at all, but the fact that because he's in a relationship, he's automatically seen as a valuable guy who's worthy enough to date and get into a relationship with. Which in chick terms, equals good genes and a healthy offspring.

The same as if he's with a bunch of girls.

Its a phenomena that's also seen in a few other species of animals where the females flock towards the male with more females surrounding him. It's called 'mate poaching' - Look it up

There's so much more i could talk about in terms of members of the opposite sex that it would be impossible to in a forum without resorting to a PhD thesis.

But believe it or not, i know more about female psychology then they themselves do.

I got laughed at on a few occasions by them thinking i was talking rubbish, so i keep it quiet now. I had to study them in order to get my dating/relationship life handled and to stop getting frustrated. Which makes sense, because it's exactly like the analogy of driving a car without knowing how to drive and likely crashing it.

So yeah if you really want to make your ex or any girl that's playing head games with you jealous and cut through all of the rubbish you'll ever encounter when it comes to dating. Build your opposite sex social life. You will be much better off and have an abundance of girls to choose from if ever you decide to date one. You'll also likely find you won't get dumped as easily

Turkish,

that's so true,,but what about guys....do you get more attracted if you see the girl is admired by a lot of other guys?

In my case, no because i know what's going on and aware of the dynamics.

Due to knowing what causes attraction, i can pin point when it happens. It's almost unfair because unlike most guys, i can see things in a different perspective and can't get tricked or manipulated.

Because i know what attraction is and what causes it, i know how to generate it whenever i want.

Generally though, the more a person's seen with people surrounding them, the more attractive they become. It's quite common for girls, especially if they're very attractive, so it's almost assumed and not as powerful than if it were seen in a man due to the expectation that a man has to chase and get female attention.

In case you're wondering what i would do in that situation... It's simple.

I would simply ignore her completely, talk to and flirt with all the other girls in the venue and befriend all the guys

Maverick

To sum up... Anything that causes someone to put emotional effort into the interaction.

So lets assume you have a nice connection with someone and it's going well. If you're to stick to that, you're typically going to get a response of 'Let's just be friends' or 'i like you but just as a friend'.

There's no spark or 'chemistry' as some girls will say, in the interaction.

So what you want to do is cause a bit of tension so that she can start to emotionally invest into the interaction.

Some examples are -

- Disagreeing with what she's saying

- Being physical/playful

- Teasing

- Calling her childish names

- Talking sexual

- Saying 'no'

- Not doing what she wants

- Limiting your availability

- Disqualifying yourself as a potential boyfriend

Why does this work?

- It makes you a challenge

- Sets you apart from all the other guys and the typical 'nice guy'

- It increases your value

- It demonstrates indifference

- Causes her to invest more in the interaction

It is the exact reason why bad boys are so attractive because they demonstrate this type of behaviour consistently.

We generally want what we can't have. The more we work for something, the more we value it.

This is a concept that is universal.

In terms of value. It comes in 2 parts -

1) In order to be attractive as a whole, you need to firstly work on yourself.

As we've agreed that the more we work for something, the more value we have towards it.

Then in order to value yourself as a person, you have to work on yourself consistently by improving all areas of your life. This will create self-value, self-confidence and self-esteem.

2) Once you've developed the first stage, the next stage is learning how to market/sell yourself as an attractive person. This is done in the points i described above and in my previous posts.

- We want whats difficult to attain

- We want what other people have (Social proof/pre selection)

I have to be honest though, this is no easy feat and does take a lot of hard work to build. It's a long process and is a difficult path as you're putting yourself on the line - you will be rejected loads and feel like rubbish, you will experience more lows than highs. But as you work through it, eventually you'll iron out the kinks in your core self and become the attractive man you deserve to be.

You will be doing yourself and girls a favour. A lot of them will scorn at you along the way for doing what you're doing, but as long as you know what you want. Nothing else matters.

Maverick

Being blatant about having women is a dangerous game if you want your ex back. I believe it gave my ex more power to leave, hence why i didnt write it. My ex got into my facebook after the break up and saw like 6 girls trying to get my attention, just 2 weeks after the break up, one being an ex of mines who models, and who my ex knows was a wildcat (who I just told 2 days ago I have no interest in you, she just deleted me off fb, it was classic). She never got back into my facebook, and I never knew her intentions in getting into my fb anyway. But, the pic comments from other dames and photos I put up might have pushed her to get into my facebook in the first place.

Having other women does increase attraction level. I had a pic of me with a cute blonde (so my ex can see it, again, its a dangerous game and i played it wrong, but i was bitter and cold so that was my intention anyway at the time), and instantly more girls hit me up. You need to be very vague, otherwise it looks forced and will have an opposite effect (you will look even more desperate). Also, if you push it to the point that it seems like you will get with them (my ex read me telling my ex that I would call her and maybe hang out) it might be the nail in the coffin they need to make sure they made the right decision (I would understand that this would be the best tactic for the severly desperate and needy, i wasnt that weak in the relationship, she knew i had game). So mystery should be held on to.

Having a women shows you have value to the opposite sex. They want you, it displays your status amongst a woman's peer, just like in my example of this "tribal leader"- he had all the women.

that's so true,,but what about guys....do you get more attracted if you see the girl is admired by a lot of other guys?

Honestly, I also wouldnt bother with her either. I hate to draw the sexist card (just throw rocks, no sharp ones!), but a women being surrounded by men has always looked bad, no matter how sexually free and open women are now. I mean it all goes down to evolution, the women looked for her mate to protect her and give her a child, having so many men is not productive in an evolutionary standpoint to continue the species. I mean, for years men had many wives, both to spread their genes as it made sense as the most successful animal in nature is the one who mates and spreads his genes the most. Correct me if I am wrong, but we know what happens when a male animal mammal tries to mate with one of the animals women, the child might get killed by the alpha-male (not too sure about this, but for some reason its sticking) either way, the alpha-males job is to protect his "pack" of women so he can bed them from spreading his genes. It got to the point in humanity that Greece took the steps to create the nucleus of a family, one husband and one wife.

But then again, I would also feel the same if she had a lot of bi-sexual women around her too.

Oh, wait, relationship material, lol? For women, their behavior is not rated as high for men unfortunately. People like to point at the media and say that women are pressured to look good (maybe in weight, but beauty in a woman is as old as history). No, that is part of evolution. Just like a woman might want a strong charismatic leader as her man to protect her and her offspring, a man would want a woman with attractive features to pass along those genes in his offspring. Yes, men do sit at bars and say, "oh, man, she is sooo cool, very interesting", but most of the time it will be followed with, "and she has a big rack"- and then from there men will compare sizes, and talk about other physical sexual features of women, lol. There is a shift going on with male and female polarity (men being more like women, etc.), but i dont run accross it as much as other books like to claim.

Besides attraction, it would be specific things to my personal interest when it comes to behavior that would attract me (and maybe men in general, i dont read books on attracting men by the way, lol). An ideal woman is one that stays at home, lol, i know that sounds so messed up, lol, but i like staying home and cuddling to horror movies. I would also like a woman who can cook, this is also a feminine role that makes certain men very attracted to a female. And a girl being sweet, is what I love the most. I am used to street chicks... yes, with big booties. I loved my ex because most of the time she was a sweetheart, i notice suburban girls are way more sweeter than city-girls in nyc, unfortunately i look too rough and gruff for them and they never give me a chance. Also, a smart girl is a turn on. All this is personal stuff to me, because again, if she isnt attractive, I probably wouldnt give her a chance. There is no general trait for females besides cooking that would attract me, actually, you can argue and say being sweet as a care-taker is expected from a woman, a motherly feature, and that would drive many men to love this kind of woman as the ideal mother of their children.

Also, loyalty is important (maybe thats why guys want a girl to stay home, though i would want them to stay home for other reasons). Men were fearful of women cheating and being pregnant, and them raising a a child that isnt theres would be a nightmare. Men want to pass on genes, its one of our basic needs (hence why sex is so powerful, same for women). The animal kingdom is protective of their females because the males will die to pass its genes.

Poise, intelligence, morals, spirituality (not necessarily religion), abilities (all of these are equal with the exception of poise and intelligence which are 1 and 2) and then looks is what creates attraction for me. A girl has got to have a direction in life for me to even consider getting to know her on a relationship level. My older Brother is married with two children and my older Sister is married with one child. I have no burning desire or pressure (anymore) so for me all of those things are super important.

In the looks category, a good hip to ass ratio on the bigger side is definitely a big big plus.

I don't know if i am right here,but i have a brother 3 years older,and a few male friends.And according to them,yes the look is very important.But the best look on earth wont save a woman if she has bad reputation(many partners,cheap you know).She is not "wife material" period.So i guess behavior is also important..not just looks?

and yes,women think look is very important,its the first thing we notice,looks....a guy can be handsome but with an unattractive behavior and then he is not as attractive anymore

Archived