Super dry!!

alli

My skin & especially my lips are so dry! I started taking accutane & these are the common side effects, but I need to find some good chapstick. Right now I'm using Carmex & this Lip Medex stuff by Blistex, but my lips only feel better when they are coated with chapstick & they aren't getting any better otherwise. Does anyone have any chapstick they've found to be really, really effective?

My skin & especially my lips are so dry! I started taking accutane & these are the common side effects, but I need to find some good chapstick. Right now I'm using Carmex & this Lip Medex stuff by Blistex, but my lips only feel better when they are coated with chapstick & they aren't getting any better otherwise. Does anyone have any chapstick they've found to be really, really effective?

I've found that Burt's Bees works the best. The medicated chapsticks seem to just make things worse and my lips become dependent on them. Beeswax ones work better for me.

I've also found that alot of chapped lips won't get better b/c of the buildup of dead skin. Exfoliating your lips when they are chapping really really helps.

The easiest and cheapest way to do it is to simply brush your lips with your toothbrush (messy with toothpaste) rinse off, dry and then put on chapstick or at night even straight vaseline.

I echo that I don't like carmex, I like plain black wrapper chapstick, burt's beeswax or vaseline.

I agree with the Chapstick Natural lip balm suggestion - it's really good and it contains a lot of naturally moisturizing ingredients (i've been using it for a long time)

Here is the link: it's the one is purple packaging

link removed

Archived