should I contact her?

exploding head

Nope.........only more pain.

Maybe he'll get more pain, but sometimes that's what we need in order to move on. That's why breaking NC isn't actually a BAD thing, because by breaking it and feeling hurt and let down once again we are given another shove toward healing. It feels rotten at first, but getting back on track toward letting go comes a little quicker each time we break it. I think sometimes when we have that absolute burning desire to make contact (and I don't mean when we first attempt NC, I mean weeks/months into it) we should go ahead and do it, because that burning obsession going back and forth in your head about should I break it/shouldn't I is really just a distraction from moving forward.

Regardless, I hope she doesn't completely ignore you. But if so, move forward. Her looking at your myspace could be a habit and might not mean much more.

she responded....

I want to know how your family is doing, and I want to know that you're doing ok. Obviously, your page never gives any clues as to that, but I suppose my thinking is if something really bad happened there would be an indication. I feel badly that the way things ended with us was clearly not sensitive on my part, and I feel badly that it came at such a bad time for you.

what do I do now?

Answering these questions might help you figure out what to do now:

How did what she wrote back make you feel like?

Are you ready to have an exchange of emails that is completely just on a "friend level?"

Do you want to know anything about her life (can you handle it) or do you want to go NC?

Do you still have urges that you want her back?

I feel a little better knowign she feels bad about the situation.

I dont want to merely be her friend.

I dont want to know about her life

Yes, I want her back

Ok. Well, the tone of her response to you didn't indicate that she's interested in getting back together

If she were, I would expect something about how she's been looking at myspace because she misses you, thinks about you all the time, wants to know what you're up to, etc... not just that she wants to know that you're ok. (which, btw, bugs me a little because it sounds like she's assuming that you're still all torn up about her -- almost like she wants to hear that you're still all torn up? or maybe I'm being pessimistic, I don't know)

What do you feel like doing, if anything?

I cant figure out how to respond. Im not into games or anything. Just honesty.

This is typical lawyer-speak for her, btw. She's covering something up she doesnt want me to see.

And now you are trying to 'decipher' the hidden meaning in her message. Her message was very clear.

exploding head....I think you were brave for "calling her out"...but truthfully, whether she 'misses" you or not..those were NOT the words she used to describe WHY she was checking up on you.If I were missing an ex...or someone I wanted back..I would SAY it...only because my heart wouldn't let me NOT say it.Once it's OUT it's OUT...NO going back. Women typically speak from the heart..REGARDLESS of their profression..ie, LAWYER...and don't "lawyers" typically talk about "facts'....not "emotions"? if she felt anything...wanted you back..........etc...why wouldn't she just tell you???

Either you are fooling yourself...........or she is damn good at what she does...cause the heart NEVER lies.

update.

So I guess we are now in LC. Im being cautious, trust me.

I apologized for some really f'd up things I said to her. (I needed to do that anyway) filled her in on my mother's situation (going to be ok) and my sister and her BF moving to Australia. I'm just talking at this point, and not keeping my hopes up.

her response:

I'm really overwhelmingly glad to hear about your mother. She will always hold a special place in my heart, I really liked her.

I'm also glad to hear about J, D seemed like a very reliable and intelligent young man, and J is not the type to stay in a hometown forever.

I forgive you for everything you said, and I also regret things that I said and the way that I acted.

update.

So I guess we are now in LC. Im being cautious, trust me.

I apologized for some really f'd up things I said to her. (I needed to do that anyway) filled her in on my mother's situation (going to be ok) and my sister and her BF moving to Australia. I'm just talking at this point, and not keeping my hopes up.

her response:

I'm really overwhelmingly glad to hear about your mother. She will always hold a special place in my heart, I really liked her.

I'm also glad to hear about J, D seemed like a very reliable and intelligent young man, and J is not the type to stay in a hometown forever.

I forgive you for everything you said, and I also regret things that I said and the way that I acted.

Cool, that is a great start to LC. Still absolutely no indication she's interested in any kind of reconciliation. So you're smart to be cautious and low key. The second you start thinking too much about your interactions with her, feeling any pulling emotion, retreat back to NC. At least, that's what I'd do.

Archived