Virginity?

Phoenix_girl

They used to check for blood on the sheets in the old days (and maybe still do in some cultures) so it was penetration of the vagina which broke the hymen, but the hymen can sometimes just stretch the first few times so my definition would simply be penetration by a penis whether by force or choice.

penetration by a penis. breaking the hymen, though often times the hymen isn't even in place.

As for whether or not coercion counts... i feel that's a PERSONAL view. Technically speaking, yes, it's still loss of virginity... but my first time I was raped and I do NOT consider it my "first time".

yeah, thats why i put physical definition. Like iLoveMyBabyCairo said, if the act alone is forced without emotions, we can dismiss the fact that one is no longer a virgin. To each their own. Thats why we have posters here that says "my REAL first time was with the man/woman i love"

As far as I am concerned, loss of virginity happens when you undress in front of a man and have his hands all over you...because virginity is really about sexual innocence. A woman who does everything else but vaginal penetration may be a technical virgin but that's about it...she is sexually experienced and can't parade around wearing virginity like some kind of badge of honour just because she hasn't experienced vaginal penetration.

I have what most would consider to be extremely cynical views about the significance of virginity.

Anyway, judging by previous posts, I think it's possible to define two kinds of virginity - physical and emotional. Loss of physical virginity refers to the technical definition, whereby there is sexual penetration. Loss of emotional virginity could refer to the loss of "innocence", or to the "REAL first time" that Silvery referred to. Just a thought, anyway.

As far as I am concerned, loss of virginity happens when you undress in front of a man and have his hands all over you...because virginity is really about sexual innocence. A woman who does everything else but vaginal penetration may be a technical virgin but that's about it...she is sexually experienced and can't parade around wearing virginity like some kind of badge of honour just because she hasn't experienced vaginal penetration.

second on this!

You spoke my mind.

My ex-bf HATED his ex-gf (gf before me), because she claimed she lost her virginity to him (which she did), & he almost proposed to her, only to hear from someone that she had been...umm...how should I say this...rear-ended numerous times?

He was so disgusted he didn't even talk to her after that...he completely broke it off.

Just thought I'd share

I think it's penetration of a penis. That is the physical definition of it.

However, I think the loss of virginity is when a woman has sex for the first time, consentually. The emotional virginity, being what I'm rambling about, when a woman has intentionally, knowingly had sex. Not rape, not foreplay, not the breaking of the hymen.

But with gays, lesbians, and bisexuals. Does this mean a gay man is a virgin if he has never slept with a woman? Is a lesbian a virgin if she's never slept with a man? Does a bisexual lose their virginity twice if they have slept with someone of each gender?

The whole emotional virginity is, i think, the idea I was looking for.

I'm 24 and i dont feel a need to still be a virgin, but my first boyfriend got me drunk and did it, even though i told him i wasnt ready (i dont even remember that night very well) and my last boyfriend used violence and threats and coercion to get sex.

I guess a part of me just can't stand the idea that one of them took my virginity.

Archived