i think i need some outside perspective

b11

i really like being with my girlfriend, but i need some advice. we really enjoy each others' company, but we argue a lot about her behavior. at times she completely disregards me.

here are some situations that have come up in the last few weeks:

we both needed to go to the mall (30 minute drive away). she was near the mall for a volleyball game and told me to meet her there at a certain time. she ended up getting food with friends after her game and didn't make it to the mall and the main reason i had gone was to meet her.

a few weeks ago she went home for a friend's birthday. she got drunk, didn't call me at the end of the night, and ended up sleeping on a futon with her sister, friend, and ex. i trust that absolutely nothing happened with the ex, but it still bothered me.

last sunday she was playing soccer and was going to come over afterward to watch a tv show. she was late, so we tivo'ed it and waited for her. she ended up going out with her friends and bailed on our plans.

here's the latest 'incident':

last night we were at a bar. she and i were standing at the bar, and she went to say goodbye to her friends. after about 20 minutes (i was waiting by myself) i saw her friends go to the bathroom, and i eventually found her on the dance floor with her sister.

i was intoxicated and upset; we went to her house and she wanted to sleep by herself (which rarely happens). we argued for a little bit and i went home. her facebook was open on my computer and, without even pausing to think, i looked at one of her messages. there was nothing and i'm pretty ashamed of doing that.

so what's my deal? i can trust her completely, but when consistently ditches me i get insecure. (which is why i think i looked at her message. the alcohol also was a factor, i would never do that sober.) am i being over sensitive? we do talk about these after and she apologizes. thanks for reading.

Archived