Is it okay to be a homebody?

Borashi

I'm curious on what you think about being a homebody?

A lot of my friends like to live the "social" lifestyle on the weekends of going out, drinking, partying, just having fun. I feel pressured at times to live up to that lifestyle even when I'm more comfortable staying at home, kicking back.

Is there anything wrong with this sort of lifestyle? At times I can be extroverted as well and sometimes I feel like I have to go out with the "boys" to show em that I can pick up girls, that I have to prove my masculinity.

How can I be more assertive towards interacting in social environments? Is there anything wrong with being a loner? What if I'm more comfortable "staying in" vs. "going out"? Is this healthy or should I be experiencing new social environments where I can interact?

Whatever works for you, works for you. What do you do when alone? As long as you are not creating plots to take over the world, no biggie.

Having said that, you shouldn't stay home to AVOID socializing if you want to interact with others and are just afraid to. No growth there.

On balance, I would say it's better to stay at home than to go out due to peer pressure.

I'm a huge homebody, I love it. I'd rather stay at home, kick back with the playstation than go out with my friends and just mope around bored. It's weird, my best friends just has a massive operation and won't be able to leave the house for a long long time and she can't stand being at home all the time. I'd love to not be able to leave the house, it's my favourite place.

I love my social life though, I usually go out a few times a week, if its too go clubbing or meet friends for a few drinks. I do enjoy not being at home, but most of the time, I'd just rather be at home, on my own, chilling out

thereforee, I'd say it was completely normal ;-)

Of course, it's totally fine. I enjoy spending time at home too. You shouldn't question it at all - in fact your lucky because many people are so uncomfortable being at home that they feel the need to always "go go go". I think a lot of it is just people trying to distract themselves from being alone. Since you enjoy home and don't have any issues with remaining in your own company, then I think it's great.

I think I am also a homebody. I don't have any friends to go out with and usually I am always alone. Sometimes it is really hard for me to go out by myself, I don't know why but it is. I usually stay in and I workout out. If I do go out, I usually go and pick up a pizza or something to eat and bring back at home.

I'm curious on what you think about being a homebody?

A lot of my friends like to live the "social" lifestyle on the weekends of going out, drinking, partying, just having fun. I feel pressured at times to live up to that lifestyle even when I'm more comfortable staying at home, kicking back.

Is there anything wrong with this sort of lifestyle? At times I can be extroverted as well and sometimes I feel like I have to go out with the "boys" to show em that I can pick up girls, that I have to prove my masculinity.

How can I be more assertive towards interacting in social environments? Is there anything wrong with being a loner? What if I'm more comfortable "staying in" vs. "going out"? Is this healthy or should I be experiencing new social environments where I can interact?

There is nothing wrong with being a homebody. Why do you have to "prove" anything? You should only go out if that is what you want to do for the evening. I bet if you said, " Thanks for the invite, but I am gonna stay in tonight" a few times you would be more apt to look forward to going out because it would be your choice and not a have to thing.

I love to stay at home as well. I have a practically zero tolerance for clubs and bars. The music is often too loud and I come home smelling like smoke. Yuck. I would rather go to the symphony and out to a nice dinner with friends have a glass of wine and a good chat.

You can be more assertive in social environments by just doing it. Decide how you want to step out, do you want to talk more, talk to and meet more women? Decide your goals and figure out the best way to get there.

As far as staying vs. going out being healthy you need a good balance. I am comfortable having two weekends a month out and doing things and the rest staying in. Sometimes its once a month going out. I would rather not go out three weekends, because then I find that things I really want to do get neglected because I have been away.

Good luck to you in finding your balance!

I'm practically a recluse. I leave the house to go to work and to the store, but that's about it. If I were rich, I would never leave the house. I would never see daylight either. Is that bad? I don't know. It works for me. I have a lot of disdain for the outside world and I like to avoid it as much as possible. I go out with friends on very rare occasions, and I never go on dates. It's not the lifestyle for everybody, but it works for me.

Archived