What's your worst fear?

Hi all!

I was just sitting last night thinking of why I'm afraid of stuff and I thought it would be cool to start a discussion about what fears people have.

Personally I'm terrified of spiders and heights and rejection, but I thought maybe other people have other more intersting fears that they might want to share with us, and who knows, other members may be able to help.

Happy posting! Look forward to hearing from you!

I wouldn't say I limit myself as such. As apposed to limiting myself to what I do, I concentrate more on what NOT TO DO! Having fear of rejection means I have to be careful with what I do and say, in case it is not liked. I have to watch the way I act in case people reject me. My Biggest fear is my boyfriend rejecting me, and that's something I've never admitted before. I think before I speak or suggest things with him. I know he wouldn't mind anything I EVER say to him, but it's me, I fear one day saying something that will make him reject me.

weird huh?!

Look forward to hearing more fears! I KNOW YOU ALL HAVE THEM!

I have a phobia about bathrooms. It has gotten better, but sometimes it hits me hard especially when I go to a public bathroom. I also have a fear of being wrapped or violently attacked, but I don't sit around thinking and stressing about it like I do bathrooms. I hate snakes and mice, but it is not like a major thing. I think everyone is afraid of rejection on some level even if they don't want to admit it. This is a good post.

I deeply fear rejection. Lord knows I've had my fair share, but it never gets any easier. In fact, it's become a learned part of my psyche. I expect it to happen. I fear that I'll end up all alone in the world with no one who really cares. I've been involved in relationships where I thought she was "the one". I was cautious at first but when I realized that her feelings were "genuine" my walls came down and I allowed them into my life and my soul. Too many times, after good intentions on my part, I was burned and deeply hurt. I'd pick myself up, dust myself off and move on to the next relationship that much more cautious. And, you know what? The same thing would happen. I used to think that I set my expectations too high in a relationship. But, after talking to many people and doing some soul searching I realized that I had everything in perspective. I still fear rejection but I'm getting better.

JSHRN

yeah, most people would call me a wimp for everything i fear. i fear spiders, sharks, the dark, and being alone for the rest of my life (soul mate). well im so afraid of the dark because when i was little i had night terrors for like 3 or 4 years. and anyway i don't like to be in the dark. i fear being alone because i just got out of a relationship and i never trusted anyone, but this guy was the first person i ever really trusted, and i mean i really trusted him with all of my heart. we were together for about a year almost and he broke it off. that a!@hole! well the others are just because.

I fear being alone. Not in the actual sense. I love my alone time. I don't mind going to the movies or dinner by myself. In fact, I love my independence. But I do fear not having that significant other to grow old with- (with divorce so rampant these days). You never know if love will last- no matter what. I fear being alone in my later years and in addition- the process of growing old and getting sick and death. (i know, so morbid). sorry, but these are my fears.

What I fear..

I fear:

Spiders
    Heights
    That I would loose myself
    Not ever finding my Knightess in see-through armour and lace
    Not being able to fulfill my dreams
    Not being able to protect those I love
    Loss of family members

I could walk through fire, become a nun, become a rapper or even challenge all the members of the Ultimate Fighting Championships to avoid those things on the list.

Nice topic !

I fear:

Death (I feel your pain SweetHarmony !!), Growing Old on my own, spiders, sharks, snakes, nasty illness or injury, world war, going deaf (me being a musician), my parents dying and yes, I too fear rejection !!!

You did ask

~

Did I mention George Bush ??!!! Now that.....is scary

I am afraid of pain.On all levels.-Physical,mental and emotional and will sometimes go to all distances to avoid it,which in some cases isnt always the best idea, but this is what my fear drives me to.

I suppose i am afriad of death aswell,death of myself or of people i love.I am so scared of that!

Oh and lastly,i dont like bumblebees or wasps or any other horrible creepy crawlies like that!!!

Great topic!!

For the silly things:

I am afraid of hypodermic needles and bears.

For the serious stuff I'd say my main fear is that I will grow old and regret not doing a whole list of things that I want to do and be too old and frail to do them by the time I realise I have wasted my entire life and been a slave to my depression and emotions.

Geesh, that looks even more intense in writing than in thought form. I better get going.

good topic

well my phobias are the darkness and roaches

Darkness: i cant stand it, when i go to sleep i have to have light not a lot but at least i can see everything, ill go nuts. pitch black or dark no light, i dont think so

Roaches: not the little ones the big ones nooooo if i see one i stayed in shock and i cant even move its a horrible feeling

I have a fear of my ex boyfriend. He has made me so parnoid of him and I'm am constanaly looking over my shoulder.

I also have a fear of never fiding true love and never getting married and having children.

Snakes, rats, heights, closed spaces & death are my phobias.

I have a few fears but this one pretty much sums it all up. The fear of not knowing.

Not knowing what is going to happen is my biggest fear, being in situations that your left questioning yourself over and over what is going to happen next. What choice should I make? You'll never really know if you made the right choice or the wrong choice until it's too late. That would have to be my greatest fear.

My fears:

Anyone in my family getting hurt or dieing.

My mom dieing.

My oldest brother hurting his arm again or being hurt more by people in his life.

Being alone emotionally, having people around who are there for the wrong reasons (using me emotionally, dont want to be alone themselves, using me to get to my brothers etc.) , not ever being truly cared for.

I fear that I will never be loved by anyone besides family. Also that I won't ever have the happiness of getting married, having kids, and finding the one.

My friends/ people I care about getting hurt.

Dieing without letting people know how I feel and how much they meant to me, even if they hated me or treated me terribly.

Justagirl

I Fear Nothing!!

Yeah....whatever! OK......

1. I fear having my heart torn out of my chest again

2. I fear being alone, fat, and bald when I'm older. (not likely)

3. And I guess I really fear spiders and scorpions! If you've ever had to step on a scorpion you'd understand!! UGH!

Anything like death would be natural selection as far I'm concerned.

Nothing to fear but fear itself right? HAHA!! (OK, that was stupid.)

I really don't have any fears that I haven't already faced... near death, heart break, you name it!!

HOLD THE PHONE!! I fear ever having to go to prison!! I'm to damn cute for that crap! I'd have to head to Mexico or take the shotgun express!! OOOH!! Prison is my only fear.

But I'm a good DestructoBoy and don't see myself heading up the river!

I actually just wanted to see if my new gif appeared under my name.

Cool! it worked! So suiting to my nick!! HAHAHA!!!

what do you mean voices in your head?!

what away from your usual thought pattern? god how longs that been happening? its a little unique, really.

kel

I hear voices other people can't hear. They're scaring the crap out of me. I'm afraid I might suffer from schizophrenia.