Open Club  ·  31 members  ·  Free

Travel and Culture

Study Abroad--Where to go!??

jengh

Where would you study abroad?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you study abroad?

Australia. I wouldn't have to worry about not being up to par with the language and it looks like an overall great area to study in. I'd be in Melbourne. I KNOW a lot of people on this forum are from Australia and wondering if you could share a bit? The program focuses on Environmento bio, something I'm really interested in.

Melbourne is a great city if I do say so myself. It is always either number 1 or number 2 in the most livable cities in the world survey. Right on the water, couple of hours from the snow in winter, lots of culture, fabulous restaurants, very cool bar scene and two world renowned campuses. easy to get around and friendly. You would love it!!

What is environmental bio? My best friend is the managing partner of the worlds largest environmental impact business here in Melbourne. If you do ever get here and want work experience I may be able to introduce you.

Melbourne is a great city if I do say so myself. It is always either number 1 or number 2 in the most livable cities in the world survey. Right on the water, couple of hours from the snow in winter, lots of culture, fabulous restaurants, very cool bar scene and two world renowned campuses. easy to get around and friendly. You would love it!!

What is environmental bio? My best friend is the managing partner of the worlds largest environmental impact business here in Melbourne. If you do ever get here and want work experience I may be able to introduce you.

wow, awesome. Australia is somewhere I've ALWAYS pictured myself living in. I'm SO interested in the environmental/zoological part of it.

environmental bio basically is envrionmental science, environmental conservation and such. Somewhat hard to explain. Deals a lot with global warming and humans' effect on the earth.

Try to go to Monash Clayton. They have their own nature reserve to bio science students.

The other things is see if you can get a working VISA because it will improve your experience and employers here are really very decent and there are a lot of jobs. You'll earn about $20 an hour possibly even more, which could be helpful in financing the experience.

In my opinion if you want to come for the culture and what not try to avoid living south east of Melbourne its really a tacky place and not a good indication of what the city has to offer. Its really very charming in a lot of areas.

• 2 weeks later...
Try to go to Monash Clayton. They have their own nature reserve to bio science students.

The other things is see if you can get a working VISA because it will improve your experience and employers here are really very decent and there are a lot of jobs. You'll earn about $20 an hour possibly even more, which could be helpful in financing the experience.

In my opinion if you want to come for the culture and what not try to avoid living south east of Melbourne its really a tacky place and not a good indication of what the city has to offer. Its really very charming in a lot of areas.

this is great information, thank you so much=) I'll for sure keep this in mind

Archived