Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Mumblings...

Weeblie

I had a cookie problem. I'd buy one of those 50 packs and finish it off in about 2-3 days. This hasn't really affected my weight as I walk everywhere and have a pretty physical job. But I had a feeling that this was a bad habit to have and it might have something to do with my moodiness so I've been trying to replace it with healthier options.

First I tried, popcorn but that was too salty and made me feel even worse. Then I got hooked on apples. I was up to 3 apples a day, but it just didn't seem to help. I also stopped eating white bread and when I made oatmeal for breakfast, I would sweeten it with raisins.

I had been doing this for a couple of weeks, but today I couldn't take it anymore and bought a 50 pack of cookies. I binged on like 6 or 7 of them, passed out and when I woke up, felt like a disgusting groggy mess. I decided to walk it off and went to Target which is a little over a mile from me.

Pros - The walk definitely got rid of that gross feeling and I'm craving apples right now and not another cookie. I also got a toothbrush, which I needed, on sale.

Cons- I bought a $21.00 sweatshirt

*sigh* I think I should return it. There are so many other things I should spend that money on instead. But it's such a nice feeling to spend money on something I want instead of something boring that I need. Especially since everything I own is starting to look run down. Anyway, I'll see how I feel about this tomorrow morning. Maybe there is something I can do in order to keep it? We'll see.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm now officially a part-time manager. It's only a temporary position to see how I'll do, but whatever. I'm grateful for this experience.

After signing my papers, one of my managers bought me lunch. He shared his experiences transitioning from an associate to a manager, answered all the questions I had and also shared some great advice. He explained that when he became a manager, another manager did the same for him, so he was just paying it forward. It was a really nice gesture.

I kind of feel like there's so much I need to learn because that's something I never would've thought to do myself. Actually, I don't think most people would've done something like that. That's not a bad thing that they don't, but the managers who do thoughtful stuff like that, are on a different level. I'd like to be at that level.

First day as a manager. There was no heads up about what was going on, which was a good thing as I wasn't able to freak out beforehand. Learned a lot today, but still feel a bit like spaghetti - spread out and all over the place.

I think that's part of the process. As you gain experience, the tighter and more solid you become.

There was one customer, who was challenging to work with. I've nothing negative to say about her, I was just fascinated at how she was able to create a whirlwind of chaos around herself. She really felt like the problems were externally created, but in reality it was all her own doing. She was also creating a lot of stress for me too. I know how to handle it better now, but I suspect I still would've been with her for at least a good 30-45 minutes. She may have been a rush, but getting things done efficiently and quickly, clearly was not her thing.

Later on in the day, I heard from S who's overseeing some major project in another city. It's going smoothly and they'll probably be finished ahead of time, which is normal for him. Even when something goes wrong, they still recover quickly. It's a sharp contrast to that lady I dealt with earlier.

I wish I had a similar mindset to S. I can understand the flustered lady because I've been in similar situations, but S? He thinks differently and gets from point A to point B much easier than I can. I've no clue how he does it. I mean, he shares advice and all, but just because someone gives you the answer to a problem, doesn't mean you'll understand it or be able to use it.

But again, I think that's part of the process. Experience and time will eventually lead to that sort of thinking.

Also, I think something that would probably help with developing that mindset would be finding something else besides work to get involved in. Something different from the whole making money thing. I feel a bit one dimensional lately, obsessing about work and ways to make money. Like there's nothing else to me besides work and cookies. Maybe it's time to try to get involved in other things? What that is, I don't know. I hope something comes to me.

Paid off a 3rd credit card on Friday and it finally showed up as a zero balance this morning. For some reason, seeing that, reminded me of how crazy I behaved when I was dealing with the credit card companies after my layoff, which reminded me of that snotty girl I dealt with at the store yesterday.

She was creating a fuss because she thought free shipping was standard on sale items too. It's not. Then she said I needed to ask a manager and the employees need to get straight on the store policies. I didn't tell her I was a manager. I just let her go. Looking back, I should've spoke with more confidence and more yes words. Like yes, we do offer free shipping on full price merchandise and as a courtesy we sometimes offer free shipping on sale. Yes, our sister store is, blah blah blah, but we don't have the same promotions as they do.

But whatevs. I'm just connecting my obnoxious behavior to hers because there was really no reason for me to give all those CC people such a hard time. My CC debt was my own fault. I agreed to their terms when I borrowed that money, so they weren't obligated to cut me a break. Yeah, I'm grateful for the companies that did, but obviously that's not something to be expected.

Yesterday was a little off. I'm starting to see where there are conflicts and I'm realizing I need to be thinking big picture, but on a much larger scale than I had originally thought.

Like yesterday I screwed up by sending L to cover an associate's lunch break when I should've sent T. That was a big picture mistake, because I forgot that L had a ton of stuff to take care of that morning and T had none for the day.

But here's where it gets large scale. L made a small comment that he would cover the break if I had no one else to do it. I should've gotten the hint that I was supposed to send T, but I was overwhelmed with other things and thought all was well. When things died down L was still covering that break and didn't even point out that I should've sent T instead of him, which at that time I totally could've done that. A few times I went to check on him and he just pretended like everything was fine.

So instead of turning that into a learning experience and explaining how to plan ahead, L let me look like an idiot and also made T look like a douche.

Was it intentional? I'm not sure. I'll have to ask SA if the other managers have any say over what happens when another manager is running the floor.

I sort of think it's L's nature to behave like that though. *sigh*

Will have to find a way to work with that.

*edit:

But I guess L had to behave like that. You can't have managers changing things up on you or fighting you while you're running the sales floor. He could've still asked though. I'll have to ask S today about that. Like if I were in a situation like that, can I ask if they could make time for me to do what I need to do?

Blah.

The more I think about it, the more I realize I screwed up and L isn't an entire douche. I should've read the card better and asked L when T was coming back from break. My fault for not getting the information I needed to make a decision. So next time, I need to slow down and communicate better.

I still wish he would've given me more feedback though. That was a situation that could've been fixed and well I'm still training so he wouldn't have been causing drama or stepping on my toes. I mean hello, I still don't have keys so it's not like I'm 100% official.

Wasted away this morning because I was freaking out about the typhoon in the Philippines. A few hours ago, I found out my parents are alright. Sucks for them that the power is out, but they're fortunate that the damage to their property was minimal. A tree fell on their outdoor kitchen, but that was somehow a good thing. Their roof also did not blow away like what happened to many people in the area.

My sisters agree that they need to come back to the U.S and we're hoping when they next visit we can figure something out. I sort of agree, because not knowing how to get in touch with them was scary. But then, I don't know if the kind of lifestyle we could afford to give them here, could compare to the lifestyle they have there. I guess we'll just have to see.

There's a woman who's running a pricing scam at our store. She's constantly getting price adjustments on old merchandise and tonight we caught her returning an item at full price that I just recently rang for her at clearance. She's mean to everyone at the store and bullies everyone by claiming that the store manager said it was ok. The store manager has never met her before.

Anyway, I rang her up tonight and asked her about the dress she returned. She made up some excuse about it being tight, but she was surprised that I remembered. Then she wanted a price adjustment on things she had bought back at the beginning of October. It was some crazy nonsense where she wanted the sale price, plus the additional clearance price, plus the customer discount. She said the cashier before me, knew what was going on. I looked the receipt over and pointed out that the items she had listed were final sale. I then leaned forward and said in stern but concerned tone with a frown, Why was she doing this? That spooked her and she was stumbling to explain herself and said because she was a good customer. I said, I know who you are, but this is an old receipt. She pulled out the store manager's name again and kept looking at C (another manager working that night) I then told her that wasn't the store manager. She then said, I know, but you could tell she didn't.

At that point, I decided to stop cause my stomach started flipping, so I called over C to get her opinion on what was going on. She ended up doing the transaction for her because ultimately, we don't want a complaint. I was bummed out that she didn't take her information down though. I think this woman is definitely a candidate for the do not return whatsoever club. I'll have to ask the store manager about that list the next time I work. I know some of the stores I worked at had something like that, but I don't know if this one does.

Woke up this morning craving a pair of brown oxford shoes. I'm starting to think this is a PMS symptom - cravings for things that aren't particularly "me". A few months back it was a crop top (thankfully I didn't get it). One time it was a tattoo (oh heck no). Then way before all that it was wedge sneakers and a varsity style jacket with leather like sleeves - I guess the dark side of me, wants to look like Rhianna. Unfortunately, I bought the wedge sneakers, a cheapo version of the jacket and this morning I was weak and bought the oxfords. I sort of regret it, but then I sort of don't. I got them dirt cheap and I know I can wear them to work for a couple of years before they'll fall apart.

I've been feeling a bit aimless lately. I think it's because I haven't quite figured out how to fit my life into my new work schedule. The days that I start work later in the afternoon, seem to feel better because I cram all the things I want to accomplish before my shift. But the days where I work early in the morning, tend to get wasted because I just fall asleep when I get home and then I fool around for a few hours on the internet or watching tv. I think I need to come up with a plan for my evenings?

I'm not really stressing too much about it because this week is going to be intense with prep for the holidays and my hormones bouncing all over the place. I don't really need to add more stress to that.

This morning one of our stock persons was going up to all the managers to let them know that it was an hour before opening and that someone needed to do the clean. I was tempted to tell her to do it, because I knew she was just trying to make someone else do it. But instead I had to ask the creative to do it because that particular stock person went on break before it was time to clean - so annoying. The creative said she'd get started on the clean, but 30 minutes later and she was still doing uppers. I had to check up on her twice and finally tell her look, you can do uppers when the store is open, but you can't vacuum when we're open. Don't worry about this stuff.

It's a little disappointing because these two associates are more "mature", but act like a pair of 2 year olds. It's also frustrating because we have stuff to get done too and we can't get it done if we have to follow up on them to get things done. Which reminds me, the stock person actually told another manager this morning that we don't have to baby her, she'll get things done.

Got a call at 7am from my mom asking me to buy a plane ticket for a friend of hers. Not a horrible request as I wouldn't be paying for it. But I was super upset about it. Actually since Monday, I've been pretty irritable and annoyed with people over small stupid things. Like an order not going through because I typed in the zip code wrong or having to repeat myself a third time. The worst part is that I think my face has been giving it away that I'm annoyed or upset. I'm scared that I might be scaring people or creating an unpleasant work environment.

I know it's all hormonal, I just don't know how to keep it under control. I exercise and I only drink at the most two cups of coffee. Not concentrated starbucks coffee, just normal stuff I make at home. I probably should try following that food chart from that woman code book. I just don't like the idea of spending so much on food after all that crazy spending I've been doing.

• 2 weeks later...

Makes You Go Huh...

A "new hire" tried to return an online item that wasn't returnable. When I told her she couldn't return it, she got really aggressive about how nowhere on the receipt did it say she couldn't return it and gave me serious attitude. Mind you, the item says it's non returnable on the website in bright red. So it's something they warn you of before you can even add it to your cart.

The worst part is that she knew that I was a manager. I don't know if she behaved that way because I should've been more smiley or given her some sort of graceful out because she was feeling stupid or what. But it just blows my mind that someone would behave that way towards a future employer.

Other things that are annoying...

Last weeks lesson at work was to allow people to help me. This weeks lesson is sort of the opposite, I need to take ownership of more things.

The first mistake happened with scheduling. Technically it was the new manager's fault, but he can't really be blamed because he's new and I should've been looking out. Then there was the faux pas with the customer who was upset because she wasn't being helped. Actually, she was being helped by someone else, but she wanted me to take over and walk her through from start to finish.

Basically, I need to keep gaining experience so I can see the difference between situations where I should pass things off and situations where I need to take care of it myself.

I also need to work on having patience with myself. I want to know how to do things perfectly and get bothered when I mess up. I've only been doing this for a month and aside from the those two mistakes, today was pretty good.

Ouch. I might submit a "suggestion box" ticket that all the non-refundable items ALSO have a bright red stamp on the receipt - but some things are pretty obviously not returnable - or say so when you order.

But some people think rules don't apply to THEM.

Hang in there!

• 4 weeks later...

Was in a bad mood last night because I only had an hour to close the store and customers were dilly dallying long after we had turned off the music and locked the doors. The other manager (who was nice enough to stay late to help me out), said it was crazy that we only had an hour to close instead of two. Me I was more upset with the customers.

Maybe that's because I've been in retail way too long? 4 years ago, even 2 years ago, closing early on Christmas eve would've been super easy. Hardly anyone would be out shopping because either they didn't know or they would be prepping for events later that night. But now? You've got all sorts of last minute shoppers and groups of people social shopping.

Side rant - social shoppers are the worst. They come in packs, leave a mess in the dressing rooms and also leave their food and beverages all over the place. I'm sorry this isn't Kleinfeld Bridal. You didn't just make an appointment to buy a $10,000 dress. You're trying on sale. You are not a celebrity. Your entourage needs to behave.

But I guess that's the direction that retail is heading in. Instead of expecting people to be a certain way, it's better that I adapt or find ways to deal with this. I'm not sure how I could've handled last night better. Maybe shutting one of the doors 30 minutes before we were supposed to close? Putting up signs that said our holiday hours? Turning off the music 10 minutes before closing? Asking associates if they could stay a half hour later so that I wouldn't be so stressed about kicking customers out? It's such a tricky thing. People will complain if you make them feel rushed.

Whatevs. I've got today and tomorrow off, so I'm just going to veg out and stop thinking about this stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

^It's a silly song about some girl that's upset because the guy she likes doesn't even know she exists and is busy making out with some other chick. Why that song feels appropriate in this situation right now, I can't really explain.

So the management position was temporary and after the trial period, I would either be kept on or become a regular part-timer all over again. I got an email yesterday saying that I would be a part-timer again and today was confirmation of that. I was told that I did a good job, but there's areas that need improvement. That I don't like holding the card (actually I do like it) and that for some reason I like being at the registers too much (I hate being at the registers).

I asked if I should apply for other keyholder positions, but they're really far away and my manager said it'd probably be better if the open positions were at smaller stores.

No, I don't particularly feel very good about this. It's like something just keeps holding me back and I don't know how to overcome it. I feel like I really tried my hardest these past couple of months, but the situations I had were beyond what I could handle. It really sucks. It feels almost unfair and like I got ripped off, but I know it's more complicated than that. It's kind of like Taylor Swift and relationships. The problem isn't with the guys, it's with her and the problem isn't the job, it's with me.

Anyway, it's not the end of the world. There are options and stuff. I always bounce back. I'm just really tired, you know? I kind of wish life could be a little easier and a little cushier than it is right now.

Was talking about previous bad relationships with a co-worker yesterday and for some reason I felt really uncomfortable about it. Mainly because I felt like it reflected poorly on me. I'm no longer mad at this guy, it wasn't entirely his fault and everything that went down had happened so long ago. Playing victim even if it was somewhat legit, just felt wrong and pathetic.

Anyway, a short while later I was reading the closing notes from the night before and a manager had wrote about a customer complaint that involved me and another associate. It basically read like this: Customer was super pissed because of associate X and Weeblie. I told her I got this and the problem was solved.

It was pretty upsetting because I was there the night before and when he explained the complaint to me, it just seemed the lady was upset that she didn't get attention. It's a valid complaint. The problem was that we're short staffed, so this thing is bound to happen because there are more customers than employees. Why this manager felt the need to broadcast this complaint, is weird.

After reading that, I felt sick all day. I've had 2 different complaints this past month, so adding this on top of that just looks really bad. You can shrug off 1 complaint as someone in a bad mood. But 3 means something isn't right. So I made sure to be extra friendly and helpful.

It's a bit unfair as the other manager kind of sucks and is using me to make himself look good. But hopefully I can turn these complaints around. If I make it a point to continuously self correct and learn from my mistakes, then eventually that combined with hard work will pay off. Kind of like how Jinxx the winner of RuPaul's drag race totally sucked at her makeup, but as the show went on, she listened to their criticisms and finally got it right.

Felt like I was getting some attitude from an associate last night. Caught her rolling her eyes at me and saying some rude things. It's frustrating because the people pleaser in me, wants to be liked by everyone. But I know that not everyone you meet is going to click with you. It just sucks because she's pleasant enough to everyone but me. I suppose the silver lining is that she has very limited availability so I don't have to work with her often.

I just spoke with my sister and she spent 75% of the phone call complaining about her day. Which really, there was only one hiccup this morning and that was resolved. Then when I started to talk about what's been going on in my life, she's like oh I've got to go.

Huh?

I think I'm very fortunate to have family that doesn't suck. None of my family members are people that are so offensive or toxic that I'd have to cut them out of my life. But, sometimes my sisters are kind of lame.

I feel like a lot of the people in my life are like that. Ready to go on and on about themselves, but if the subject changes from them, they're suddenly busy. I'm not really sure how to change that. Yeah, obviously meet new people, but I seem to keep on meeting the same type of people.

Maybe there's a bigger lesson I need to learn in order to stop meeting the same type of people. Sort of like the drama I was having with the bags at work. Until I learned to stop being a stickler for the rules, that situation kept repeating itself. Perhaps the problem is that I'm super self absorbed and I need to learn to pay more attention to others? I don't know. It makes me wonder what's a healthy amount of self-absorption? I mean, you can't revolve your life around pleasing others, but I don't think being completely self-obsessed is a good idea either. What does the middle ground look like?

After processing an online return, a customer noticed that the amount of tax refunded was off by a few dollars. Since we can't manipulate the numbers for online orders on our end, I called customer service to fix it.

The service rep put me on hold to discuss this with a supervisor because she couldn't fix it either. While on hold, the customer started to get really worked up; asking for a calculator, trying to figure out why such a random amount wasn't refunded and telling me this was easy to fix, I just had to do this or that type of transaction; transactions that my computer didn't even have buttons for. Her husband told her to let it go, but she said, "No! Imagine how many other people they've done this too! They're probably doing this on thousands of returns."

When the service rep returned, she still had no answer and offered to ask technical support for help. When I let the customer know that I was going to be on hold again, she offered to stay on hold so that I could ring. I told her, it's ok I'll stay on hold. Meanwhile, a line was starting to grow up towards the stairs (about 10-12 people). Again, she offered to stay on hold so I said ok and as I went to go ring someone else up, she started to yell at me.

She said she didn't appreciate my attitude and that she owns a "national company" and if any of her employees behaved the way I did, you better believe they would be in trouble and then went on a rant about how she deserved the best customer service. She was so loud, that the customer to the left and the customer to the right of her, both gave her the side eye.

I apologized and apologized, but really I was confused as to how I pissed her off and scared for my job. I waited on hold again and when the rep came back explaining that the $2.00 difference was because shipping was taxed, I asked the rep to explain it to her and passed the phone back to the customer.

I went over to the next register to ring up another customer, but in the middle of the transaction, I started tearing up and my voice started to crack. I had to ask one of the other managers if I could take a break so I could go cry in a bathroom.

Now that it's been many hours later, I can see how things could've been handled differently. Like this woman probably needed a lot of explaining and hand holding, which I didn't think to do. Sometimes I forget that people can't see the line between point A and B, unless you show it to them.

BUT, I think it's safe to say this woman was bat guano crazy. I'm so used to taking the blame for things, that when people act irrationally, I just assume I deserved it. I rarely think, oh wait. Hold on. This person is not acting right or wait, this person is stupid. I mean, a chiropractor, wouldn't tell a podiatrist how to do his job even though he's just as educated as the podiatrist because he doesn't know squat about podiatry. So this woman assuming that this business would run the same as hers, is ridiculous. Plus it was only $2.00. What she should've been outraged over was the fact that she paid $20 for shipping in the first place. Considering how much she spent, it should've been free.

Anyway, there's some good news. I just found out that I'll be a key holder for a little longer. I almost cried about that too. Again, I'm way too hard on myself. I focus way too much on the bad things. I forget that there are good things happening in my life.

• 1 month later...

Can't sleep. My mind keeps replaying what happened at the store I was working at today. It wasn't horrible, but it felt like my first few weeks of being a manager. A hot disorganized mess.

We got hit hard by a couple of shoplifters too and it's hard to know whether or not that could've been avoided. I feel somewhat responsible even though it probably happened while I was on lunch.

Some of the employees were nice, some were testing what they could get away with. It's a lot of the same crap I deal with at my own store. People taking extra long breaks, hovering at the register and disappearing for random reasons.

I keep thinking about what could've been done differently so that today would not have sucked so bad. But really I was just used to things being one way and getting frustrated because it was different. I also think part of me is taking it personally that the slackers were slacking. Like, what makes these people feel like they can act that way with me and not others? It's silly to take it personal, because they would've acted the same regardless of who was manager. Well, sort of silly...

There's a few people I work with who think I like them and they ask me specifically for favors. It's beyond annoying because my default answer to everything is yes, I'll help and I'll realize afterwards I should've told them, heck no.

Whatever. I just need a few days off.

• 3 weeks later...

So the temp manager position ended and I was passed over for a management position because I lacked presence, which is the retail equivalent of "we have nothing in common".

Though, something's brewing as yesterday, there was a gathering of VIPs at the store. I have a feeling I might be converted into a full-time stock person. If that happens, it would actually be a good thing. But I'd be lying if I said I would be excited about it. It's like being 3rd runner up. Yeah, it's impressive to get that far, but it's nowhere near where I want to be.

Also, saw a complaint on yelp and realized that it was about me. Thankfully there was nothing identifying me in the complaint, but I still felt like crap about it.

I can't decide if all this means that I'm just not cut out for this line of work or that these are obstacles that need to be overcome. I think it's the former and not the latter, but if it's the former, I don't really know what to do with myself.

It's like getting out of a 10 year relationship and trying to date again. Do I have anything to offer? Would anyone want me? I'd be a newbie and I'm scared it'll be years before I'm in a good place. Plus, there's that annoying feeling that I wasn't good enough and something's wrong with me.

*sigh*

All I want is a full-time job and someone who loves me. I want to feel safe for a change instead of constantly worrying about money and what I have to do next. And yes, right now I'm having a tantrum and I need to get over it and just make the best with what I have. It's still frustrating though, that it seems like everyone else seems to be getting it right and I'm still struggling.

Oh well. I've already applied for a couple of jobs with other companies. If I can't find something by the end of this month and things at work remain the same, I'll probably be moving back east with one of my sisters. I could probably stay on longer, but I'm tired of this lifestyle and I don't want to waste anymore of my life on something that isn't working. Plus, I'd rather be miserable and saving money instead of miserable and hemorrhaging money.

I'm trying to pretend that I'm not bothered by what's happened at work, but it's been difficult. I either get really angry or all teary eyed. Part of it's because I haven't been taking good care of myself. I guess I feel helpless as I don't know what's going to happen and might be in a position where I'll have to rely on others to get by. So I shut down, play video games, eat crap food and sleep a lot. None of that stuff helps with projecting a pleasant attitude at work.

I think they must've picked up on that because the store manager had a quick chat with me. She said the DM wanted to know if I'd be interested in a personal shopper position, which is in a completely different direction from the sort of work I want to do. She then said that she let two of the other managers know that she's wanting to get me out of here in about 3 months and hopefully next week, I'll get a chance to train with one of the managers. She also said that the position was filled long before I asked and that I wasn't turned down because there was anything wrong with me.

Is it weird that I'm extremely distrustful of this? First I'm told that I'm "quiet" and then they ask if I'll be interested in a position that requires STRONG people skills in a department that usually caters to demanding stressed out customers. That makes no sense. Still I think maybe something could happen in 3 months because there's some stuff scheduled to happen around then, but there's a good chance I'll have used up most of my savings and won't be able to buy a car by then.

But then I'm thinking worst case scenario where I won't be earning any extra income during that time. Blah. It's so much to process and I wish I had more aspirin.

So I mentioned to my sister about the chat I had with my manager. She said, maybe this is a good thing. Ask your friend about it. I asked my friend about it and they said the same thing. Ask about the position and if it's X, then maybe it's a good idea. So I spoke with my manager today and while I still don't know exact details about the position. It was a good talk.

She clarified that yeah, I need to open up more and relax. That maybe this position would help with that and teach me how to build relationships with customers (I agreed). Also, if I needed any coaching or help to feel free to ask her.

So I feel less stressed about this now. I don't know if I'll get the position or if it's even a good fit. If it happens, cool. I think I could learn a lot. If not, whatever, at least I know they're trying to make stuff happen and that they don't think I suck.

It's weird how I'm this freaking old and I still worry about what other people think about me. Like I could've really burnt some bridges if I continued to feel like crap, didn't calm down and think over things.

Got to meet the girl who used to work in that intense sales position and asked her a few questions. It kind of reinforced my original thoughts: this job is way out of my comfort zone. She spoke about having to build long term relationships with her clients and that she's still friends with a lot of them. I think that's awesome and probably why she got promoted. But I have no clue how to connect with people like that. I feel like I kind of fell into a lot of my friendships and didn't actively create them.

Oh well. It's too early to stress about this. There's other people vying for the position and like my boss said, I don't have to do this. Though if I get the offer, I'd probably go for it. It'll suck, but I think I would take extra training on the side or get a coach or whatever to make it work.

• 2 weeks later...

A clearly displeased customer returned a shirt she ordered online because it was neon. There was even an online note attached to the order, that read; customer is returning the Neon Coral shirt because it is neon. They also mentioned that she was sent the wrong sized shirts. I tried to sympathize and apologized about the mix up, but it was obvious she was more upset about the shirt actually being neon.

Archived