Girlfriend Still Cuddles with Mom?

My girlfriend's family is in town for the week visiting, and I've noticed that she and her mom are very affectionate. My girlfriend will curl up with her mom on the couch, or lay in bed with her. And her mom gives her foot rubs and massages.

I'm confused, I don't know if I'm just jealous, or this is weird?? I do feel like those moments should be with me, not her mom, so I know I'm feeling a little out in the cold. But putting those feelings aside, it still seems strange - can anyone explain this type of relationship? I've never seen this - she's 25 years old! Not seven.

I'm afraid if I say anything to her, she'll be totally offended.

You have to remember that women are more touchy feely then men are with thier parents. Example if a woman tells her mother that she had a bad day her mother will rub the back of her head and listen to her. If you told your father you had a bad day he might ask you to go out for a drink or go to a ball game.

There is nothing wrong with what she is doing.

Yes, I'm female too. I just don't have that type of relationship with my mom. Kind of grosses me out to think about really.

Guess I'll just look forward to when they leave and I get my cuddles back. Just wondering if I'd get any attention if we lived in the same town!

I'm super close to my mom. We will lay in bed together and talk, gossip. Lean together cuddled a bit on the couch. Even the foot rubs. I love my mom and anyone who would be weirded out that I have a good, close relationship with her isn't really worth MY time. I feel lucky to be so close to her.

Yes, I'm female too. I just don't have that type of relationship with my mom. Kind of grosses me out to think about really.

Guess I'll just look forward to when they leave and I get my cuddles back. Just wondering if I'd get any attention if we lived in the same town!

I think the problem here isn't that you think its "gross" as much as you are just completely jealous of the bond they share. Well guess what, you might want to rethink that jealousy before it becomes an even bigger problem in the future for you two. Be glad they have such a great and close relationship, most people would kill for that type of relationship with their mother.

My girlfriend's family is in town for the week visiting, and I've noticed that she and her mom are very affectionate. My girlfriend will curl up with her mom on the couch, or lay in bed with her. And her mom gives her foot rubs and massages.

Nothing you can do about it.

She has some strong attachment to her parents and they are being physically expressive. You don't see much of these nowadays due to housebroken families and media role models that seem to encourage detaching yourself from your parents after you reach 18.

Archived