How do you find peace of mind?

if you are not at peace.. its probably you are a worrier.. you worry a lot..

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus...

Fix your thoughts on what is true and honorable and right. Think about things that are pure and lovely and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Keep putting into practice all you learned, and the God of peace will be with you.

If there is something on my mind that is upsetting or works against my peace of mind, the only thing I can do is be with that thought and thoroughly live it until I feel it body and soul, accept it, and move on. That means there is usually a period of turmoil and emotional distress, but after that there is true peace of mind.

Peace of mind and happiness are examples of those things that many people try to take shortcuts to...while in reality, there is a long and winding road that you must be willing to endure before you get there.

Often quiet reflection helps. I let my thoughts run wild, do what they want, and go where they want. I just observe them, without judgement.

I also consider golf to be Zen practice. I've had my best golf shots when I was thinking about the smell of the honeysuckle.

Funny story I was told:

A meditation coach said that the greatest problem for most people in meditation was that they found something they could just not let go of, his example was that the refrigerator needed to be cleaned. It was like their thought was "Hmmm, enlightenment, or a clean refrigerator?" They ususally chose the refrigerator, and got neither.

Archived