She said "you're not like other guys" ??

unluckyguy

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone can give me any advice on this one. I had lunch with a couple of friends today (both female) and one of them said "do you know...you're not like other guys, are you."

What on earth does she mean by this? I mean we get on very well and her friend seconded her comment but when I pushed for a bit more of an explaination she wouldn't say anthing else, i'm just "different"!

I have a good feeling that this was a very positive step, as she had a "look" in her eyes if that makes any sense. I will bring it up casually tomorrow when we are alone, but I just wondered if anyone had any opinions on this before I next see her.

Thanks for your help!

Thanks for the replies guys, there wasn't really anything I said to prompt this, but we do talk an awful lot so she knows me well. She is always smiling at me, saying i'm sweet etc.

Do you think she may be more open if her friend is not there? i'm hoping that tomorrow I can try to open her up a little more...

I am wondering if anyone can give me any advice on this one. I had lunch with a couple of friends today (both female) and one of them said "do you know...you're not like other guys, are you."

That means that most likely, you'll never see her naked. It might be translated as - "oh crap, you're a nice guy

It means that your not one of the typical shovanistic dudes out there lookin for only one thing. You probably pay more attention to the girl and dont play the same games as the rest of the majority population of men. Ive been told this by many women aswell and it always works in my favor. haha. dont ask her too much about it just take it as a compliment and proceed forward with your expectations

thats right, im unique... and im glad you like it!

I'm afraid so. I was a nice guy, but found out that only thing that leads to is to work as a part-time free taxi driver to the gals and their boyfriends. What I got from that was to hear that I was nice and differend, reliable, but it never led to anything else. This seems to be the rule among girls in their teens/twenties.

Though in your case she might be the exception that confirms the rule. Just don't get your hopes high.

I say that to my guy friend a lot because it is true. He isn't a player and he respects ladies-

Hence why he's your guy friend and not your boyfriend.

And he never saw you naked nor he will ;-)

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Being a girl's friend has never been a problem for me because usually I'm the one who does the friend-zoning, and I'm too intimidating to ever be perceived a 'nice guy.' For the unfortunate guys who have that problem, though, I say you give those girls a taste of their own medicine. When a girl says, "but you're like a brother to me!" sometime say to her, "you're like my little sister!" At the very least, she'll know that you're not playing the fool hopelessly chasing after her. If the best works, she'll think "oh my god he thinks I'm like his sister?! But I thought he wanted to go out with me!" And subconsciously, she'll realize that you're not as easy as she thought, and thus will become more attracted to you. If you really want to mess with her, tell her she LOOKS like your sister.

I'd rather not play any games, but when the girl is pulling the 'just friends' card and messing with guys like they were her pawns, then she deserves to be messed with too.

It means that your not one of the typical shovanistic dudes out there lookin for only one thing. You probably pay more attention to the girl and dont play the same games as the rest of the majority population of men. Ive been told this by many women aswell and it always works in my favor. haha. dont ask her too much about it just take it as a compliment and proceed forward with your expectations

i believe thats spelt CHAUVINISTIC.

For the unfortunate guys who have that problem, though, I say you give those girls a taste of their own medicine. When a girl says, "but you're like a brother to me!" sometime say to her, "you're like my little sister!" At the very least, she'll know that you're not playing the fool hopelessly chasing after her. If the best works, she'll think "oh my god he thinks I'm like his sister?! But I thought he wanted to go out with me!" And subconsciously, she'll realize that you're not as easy as she thought, and thus will become more attracted to you. If you really want to mess with her, tell her she LOOKS like your sister.

You are evil haha.

I get the sister card alot. I was trying to introduce my mates to a friend and explaining that they are like family to me and he replies "everyones like family to you" its so true.

Im like the queen of friend zone.

And in my opinion that actually means you're in with a shot more then she will friend zone you. It really depends what sort of girl she is.

I would never say that to guys i concider brothers. It would be weird. I much prefer insulting their every movement. Tis what we do best i'm afraid.

So don't be completely shut down. But you never even said you were interested i don't think..

Basically it means your an actual human being and a decent person, rather then a guy who judges a girl by how big her boobs are and how small her waist is. Its a compliment

Haha, believe me, I'm not advocating playing mind games. I hate games. But when a girl is messing with a guy, the guy owes it to himself and every other guy out there to give it right back to her and let her know that she can't get away with screwing with guys' feelings. Same goes for the vise versa.

Honestly, when I first read this thread, I thought of the statement "you're not like other guys" more as a compliment than a sure sign of a friend zone. It really depends on the individual girl and the other things she says. If she gives the OP other compliments, then I'd think she sees him as a potential date. On the contrary, if she says stuff like, "you're so nice to talk to, you're such a good listener," etc, then I'd definitely say she thinks he's not like other guys because she feels she can unload all her drama on him. Sad, but true.

Archived