Sex on the first date mistake

pjbouchard

Well, what's done is done and there's nothing you can do now except to wait and see how he responds. Like another poster said, the ball is in his court now, you will just have to wait it out. My suggestion would be to not get too attached to the guy, even though you had a great time with him. Just realize that he may or may not lose his interest now that you guys had sex. I did the same thing as you about two months ago and the sex turned out really really bad and I felt horrible about it afterwards when the alcohol wore off. And you know what? The jerk never called me back so I never bothered initiating any communication with him afterwards either. But I didn't really stress over it either. So just be ready when you don't hear back from him to arrange for your second date, and take this as a lesson for your next date.

To the OP: Sure, you've go a chance. What does your intuition tell you? Does he like you? Did he treat you with respect the entire time and show genuine interest?

First date sex happens ALL THE TIME...and many times it leads to a LTR. Personally, I think it's the only way to go. I'd rather get the sex out of the way and show my true self to the other person and vice versa.

Let him make the plans for the next meetup and play a little hard to get. That will let you know how serious he is.

My take on FB's is that practically all singles are doing them, unless you're totally socially awkward and can't get a date, and that if handle maturely it works just fine. At my age, late 20's, I know more folks who do the FB thing than folks that are married or in LTR's. It's a relationship of efficiency and convenience for working professionals.

First date sex happens ALL THE TIME...and many times it leads to a LTR. Personally, I think it's the only way to go. I'd rather get the sex out of the way and show my true self to the other person and vice versa.

I don't think sex is something to "get out of the way" like a task, but rather something that has an appropriate time & place in the relationship. If you're not looking for a relationship, however, and just a booty call then the right time & place is not necessary and you can do it in the bathroom after one hour for all I care. But if you really care about the person, then as a sign of respect, most guys will wait. I know one of my friends (who, perhaps I should add is the least likely person to be pegged as this - she's blonde, thin, with a DD cup...lol. A lot of people think her breasts are fake but they're not)... anyway, she's quite conservative about sex. There are tons of guys who would LOVE to get her in bed so she could easily just go and have sex on the first date but as a matter of principle she waits, because she wants to make sure that this guy is different from the rest and actually wants HER not just her booty. It's a matter of respect - she makes them wait until she feels comfortable & is sure they won't just use her. I have the same philosophy, myself..

To

My take on FB's is that practically all singles are doing them, unless you're totally socially awkward and can't get a date, and that if handle maturely it works just fine. At my age, late 20's, I know more folks who do the FB thing than folks that are married or in LTR's. It's a relationship of efficiency and convenience for working professionals.

lol...I don't know one person who has a 'FB' and I know a lot of working professionals... I think the media or your morally corrupt friends are just skewing your perception.

lol...I don't know one person who has a 'FB' and I know a lot of working professionals... I think the media or your morally corrupt friends are just skewing your perception.

Well put!! I didnt know they were so popular!lol

Sorry its getting late! This was for Lance

I agree. I think the whole "everyone is doing it" thing is just a matter of skewed perception.

Archived