Mythbusters: Pheneromes do they really work?

Luke Skywalker

For the time being, pheromones is being linked to some watered down version of witchcraft or sorcery and the bottle that I have ordered will not be picked up, and returned if anything. Applying a liquid that is designed as an aromatic charm to influence people's behaviour, especially where lust is involved, or any other self-profit motivation is involved is simply witchcraft and sorcery and is something that is not consistent with my belief system.

I do not think I'm going to buy any further pheromones or try this one out.

Umm, OK, then you should also throw out all your colognes, after shaves, shampoos, body washes, DEODORANT, basically anything that might "put a spell" on a lady based on scent...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For the time being, pheromones is being linked to some watered down version of witchcraft or sorcery and the bottle that I have ordered will not be picked up, and returned if anything. Applying a liquid that is designed as an aromatic charm to influence people's behaviour, especially where lust is involved, or any other self-profit motivation is involved is simply witchcraft and sorcery and is something that is not consistent with my belief system.

I do not think I'm going to buy any further pheromones or try this one out.

Why did you make such a 360 drastic view point? Does your mom have something to do with this? Cuz like a week ago, you were all for this experiment...

Why did you make such a 360 drastic view point? Does your mom have something to do with this? Cuz like a week ago, you were all for this experiment...

I read something on the internet that freaked me out.

Do a yahoo search for pheronomes and witchcraft, spells, etc... and you'll be surprized how many word associations you get. Some sites that are into love-spells promote pheromone brands and say that they will help. So it seems straight from the horses mouth. Seems like an aromatic people's charm.

However, I'm still reviewing it, since I'm getting conflicting opinions all over the place. Like the above poster said, maybe it's just an advanced perfume product of something the body naturally produces but because of this day and age, we take showers, put deodrant on, and many artificial chemicals go on our skin and diminish the effect of our natural pheronomes. So taking a pheromone product would be like a vitamin suppliment in that sense, or like an image enhancer like wearing good clothes, so I'm still fundamentally not decided. My mom thinks it's witchcraft though -- but I'm not going to tell her if I'm going to buy this product.

i dont think bottled pheromones work. it's the ones your body produces on its own that might work sometimes, though i would think it works moreso for women than it does for men because depending on the time of the month what she chemically puts out there differs and men just seem to sniff it out unconsciously and have a stronger reaction to it than women.

also you're basically putting either a factory made odorless smell on you.. or some other person's odorless smell on you.. which when it comes down to it.. well it's like pretending to be someone else.. on an abstract level.

i dont think bottled pheromones work. it's the ones your body produces on its own that might work sometimes, though i would think it works moreso for women than it does for men because depending on the time of the month what she chemically puts out there differs and men just seem to sniff it out unconsciously and have a stronger reaction to it than women.

So I've heard. Take a Dead Sea Salt bath, don't use any soap or deodarant, and take a few teaspoons of Maca powder and see what happens. Honestly, that's my next experiment. I hear that strategy would maximize my natural pheromones. I just bought the Dead Sea Salt today and the Maca root powder. I'm curious to see if it works. While I still had to pay money for this goup, it still feels better knowing it's natural (if it works) than synthetic. The Maca root is supposed to have lots of health benefits too.

I cant dismiss that all synthetic pheromones out there don't work for everyone, because they are working for people out there, and I've seen too much ancedontal evidence to dismiss this product. I may however, have objections to it on moral, religious, and even financial grounds.

also you're basically putting either a factory made odorless smell on you.. or some other person's odorless smell on you.. which when it comes down to it.. well it's like pretending to be someone else.. on an abstract level.

The promoters of the product liken it to something that enhances who you are already because if you act incongruent to the product it still won't work. For example, I could put on a pheromone spray to help me talk to people, but if I stay at home, or look angry, depressed and sulky and sit on a corner, then obviously it will not work, since people will get mixed message, but the body language and actions always wins out at the end of the day.

So I've heard. Take a Dead Sea Salt bath, don't use any soap or deodarant, and take a few teaspoons of Maca powder and see what happens.

Hell, I don't trust that crap. The new people in the mall selling that stuff are constantly hounding people walking buy to buy the stuff. One even tried to seduce me once...I ate her liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...tssssss

You want to know how this stuff works? You have little confidence that you will get girls. You buy this spray that you believe will make most girls attracted to you. You now have the confidence to get the girl. The girl sees that you are confident and accepts your date.

It isn't the spray it's you thinking the spray will work.

You want to know how this stuff works? You have little confidence that you will get girls. You buy this spray that you believe will make most girls attracted to you. You now have the confidence to get the girl. The girl sees that you are confident and accepts your date.

It isn't the spray it's you thinking the spray will work.

That's called the placebo effect.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've lost interest in pursuing that Phelure perfume and think it's likely a rip-off.

However, I've gained lots of interest in discovering my natural pheromones.

The path to discovery involves some lifestyle changes:

- Soap is no longer used, or shampoo, on the body.

- Deodrarant is no longer used.

Instead, a brief hot water shower is made, and three times a week a Dead Sea salt water bath is taken, and Sandlewood Essential Oil is used instead of deodarant. Prior to taking a bath, I'm going to job around the block or go to the gym to ensure that I'm producing sweat, and once I'm sufficiently in my own body sweat, then I go straight to take a salt water bath.

Unless there is extreme body ordor issues, or I really got myself very dirty that I need to use soap, those are the rules.

- Multivitamins, L-Aganine, Amino Acids, Zinc, are all being taken in the time being.

So far, I haven't noticed anything dramatic, although I did see some very modest hits. While I cant necessarily attribute the hits to 'natural pheromones' at this time, especially since it usually takes a week to kick in, and I've only been on this for half a week so far, I think at the very least that I'm looking out for interest.

My dad often commented on my male pattern blindness of not noticing women who were interested in me as though they fit some sort of blind spot. I have such low confidence that I just think women don't really show any interest or wanting to connect with me so I wont look out for things that show this in the environment, or if I do happen to see it, I'm not likely to act on it since I'm not used to responding to such things.

In this respect, the male pattern blindness I may have had is the first thing that the 'pheromone' path is going to deal with since I have to look out for interest to evaluate whether the experiment is a success or not -- and at the very least, if the experiment isn't directly working, as least it's indirectly improving my mind-set to a more confident one that's looking out for IOI's in the environment.

Sorry, but I don't think not using any soap or deodorant is going to attract women.

That would be true if I was dirty or really had body odour, however, neither is the case here. I actually smell just as good if not better without the soap and deodarant.

The Sandlewood essential oil that I put in place of deodarant really does have a nice smell THAT DOESN'T WEAR OFF -- while deodarant may wear off after half a day, cause irritation in the arm pits, or leave residue on clothing, the Sandlewood oil has neither of those effects, is natural derivative, and is a better effect to me than any deodarant I have ever used before.

In terms of soap, I've replaced the concept of soap with Dead Sea salt. This salt absorbes into the skin when taking a bath leaving a nice ocean fresh smell all over the skin that's better than most soaps I've tried. My mom's commented that I looked like I travelled somewhere after I take a bath as my whole skin has a youthful and fresh demeanor.

thereforeee, I don't see these particular changes as hurting me in terms of body ordor or dirty body appearance and it seems like a harmless experiment, almost fun in itself.

I will admit that I have tried this product before, about 2 years ago. I tried Pherlure. I don't know why, I should have known better. I can report NO increase in female attention.

I believe what you are saying. I'm still waiting for a call for my bottle and haven't heard anything as of yet. I better call Master-card to start a stop payment on them or something tomorrow since I didn't get the product on the mail and issue a complaint to them that it is a scam.

I've found the reports from Phelure to be so discouraging that I wouldn't even bother picking it up even if it was mailed as I wouldn't want to get furhter ripped off on the $ 20 custom's fee -- and it's too late to claim a money back guarantee.

However, there is a good product out there that has a good rap, androitics, and if you go to link removed then you can read up more about their line of products and they have a message site like here. I'm eyeing their products, but have suspended artificial pheromone purchases to allow my 'natural pheromones' concepts to be tried out.

How would this really help though?

I mean say if this pheromone spray works like those axe commercials-a woman is instantly attracted to you from the smell of it. Are you going to use it every time you're with her? What if you forget to one day, and she feels "strange" as if the "spark is gone".....?? Stick with your personality & keep up proper hygiene.

How would this really help though?

I do not know, will just have to see how the two experiments work. Right now I'm still in the natural pheromonal experiment stage and will be trying synthetics afterwards.

I mean say if this pheromone spray works like those axe commercials-a woman is instantly attracted to you from the smell of it.

That's a good concept that you introduced "instant attraction", because it implies attraction could also grow over time as you get to know another person.

I do have a realistic perspective about the product and do not expect to be changed into some sort of celibrity with women fighting each other to spend time with me. My expectation of a successful result is that there is some noticeable change in the environment, or women trying to make a nice connection with me or being more receptive if I try to make a connection with them. It's not about getting some girl to fall madly in love with me out of nowhere and lose all her sense.

Now, in the past I've had blue moon moments when a girl approached me, or was overly friendly and actually came on to me. It's so anomalous that I can remember vaguely when they happen as they are a handful that I can count on my hand. If you have some sort of product that can replicate this and make it more regular than say once in a blue moon, then it's something I'm definitely intersted in.

Are you going to use it every time you're with her?

The primary motivation of buying this product is to connect with women in public, and where I feel there are 'connection issues', and hopefully have more fun out there so doing. If I have found someone out of that, which is not the intended purpose (and in fact I'd be critical of what type of girl I'd get as a girlfriend under that method - if she's easily suggestible, etc...), then like every other element of attraction, like if I had a hot physical body, there has to be more in there for her to stay than just pheromones -- but at least you got your foot in the door.

Since I'm generally melancholic and seem to feel that there is a wall when it comes to approaching or talking to women that is making life a bit on the sad side, at least I'd like to see what impact these types of product would have, if any. Would it make me happier as far as making it easier to connect with intended targets and potentially make many more days? Would it make me more confident with the opposite sex by giving me a sense of status seeing I'm having a new effect on women? Would it really get my foot in the door? What type of girls respond to what pheromones or pheromone mixtures? These are just questions that need an answer, and an experiment that has to be done to find out.

What if you forget to one day, and she feels "strange" as if the "spark is gone".....?? Stick with your personality & keep up proper hygiene.

You can have a personality and hygene, but this can get the foot in the door.

Archived