Mythbusters: Pheneromes do they really work?

Luke Skywalker

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I mean say if this pheromone spray works like those axe commercials-a woman is instantly attracted to you from the smell of it.

Although that might seem like a great idea, if you stop and think about it that would be a terrible curse.

After 2.5 weeks into this experiment of natural pheromones I'm quitting it here because;

1) It's highly likely that any effects from this reguime would have been noticed on the first, or at worst second weeks of doing this - and I haven't noticed anything eventful, and just feel discouraged about the whole idea from this point.

2) There are some bumps developing on my scalp.

3) There is no further direction for this experiment to really go -- I was going to try Tribulus, but don't want to try out any product that will increase testesterone, thus higher libido and just make me masturbate more. In fact, last year I was looking for a product to help me stop masturbating -- this is not a direction this can go.

While, I've learned some nice personal ways of relaxing, such as salt water bathing, nothing tangible has really come out of this.

Now the whole pheromone selling idea is that the body naturally contains pheromones that are normally washed away with soap and what not....after about 2.5 weeks to test this out -- I've discovered that it's total hogwash and I've seen no evidence of any pheromone difference now, or prior to this reguime. Also, if I try synthetic pheromones, it's unlikely that there is any 'natural' effects on it since I've had the chance to try it out.

thereforee, the next phase of this experiment is to try out pheromone products from a reputable brand where I can contact the sellers -- Androitics / smartmones appears the best choice and there is even a message board of users who report experiences, both good and bad with these pheromones, and cancel out this natural phermone reguime.

Invest in ways to make your appearance and personality more attractive to women, not your pheromones... That's just ridiculous.

Our society is no longer stuck in the wild-animal-he-man era. While sure, pheromones help us decide who we are attracted to, I don't think they mean much anymore. We are a society obsessed with materialistic things... not nature.

In other words, they probably don't mean jack. Sure it could make a woman notice you, but if she doesn't like you then it won't help you any.

Invest in ways to make your appearance and personality more attractive to women, not your pheromones... That's just ridiculous.

This thread has a program that's focused on a single goal - it's simply an experiment to see if there are any of these so called 'hits' or any sort of changes if you are wearing these things. Believe me, personality and appearance has already been thought of. You can only improve your appearance so much, and I don't see how you can really change your personality. Maybe I could revisit some of these things later, but for now, the momentum is already there to continue with this and I want to see it to completion.

Now, if you look at it, women use perfume, make up, lipstick, fashion, hairstyles, all sorts of things to make them look more appealling to guys, so when a guy tries out pheromones, what's the deal?

The pheromone bottles have a 100% money-back guarantee, if within a year, you decide they are not for you, or you are not happy with the types of people attracted to you or the new attention you are getting and a 200% (double money back guarantee) if it in frustration, really doesn't work at all.

Our society is no longer stuck in the wild-animal-he-man era. While sure, pheromones help us decide who we are attracted to, I don't think they mean much anymore. We are a society obsessed with materialistic things... not nature.

Then I'm sure I'll be collecting my money back guarantee and doing a write up on this thread -- whatever. I'm don't care if this experiment fails as much as having good documented evidence on the effects of this to anyone thinking of trying this stuff out.

Maybe you are right -- but you know what -- there is a pheromone that communicates status and power called A314 -- I'd like to see how that pheromone plays out.

link removed there is a whole community dedicated to this stuff.

In other words, they probably don't mean jack. Sure it could make a woman notice you, but if she doesn't like you then it won't help you any.

That is correct. I'm not out to try to attract any particular woman anyway, but I'm curious to see what effect it would have in public.

I often do not feel noticed at all and I feel frustrated about it. If I get more eye contact, smiles, or bizarre behaviour from women, then it would be worth my while. Even if you were to develop personality and appearance, as you said, this would give you an edge -- but if society is very materialstic, then you could have all the appearance and personality in the world but if you got no money, then you got no girl.

Mommy will not let me buy pheromones. I will have to move out of this home if I'm going to try out this product. Mom thinks I'll have a different personality if I put them on and feels threatened and think these products are from the devil. I'm mad at her, but she says she can help me find a girl -so we are both going to pray instead. I'll review this again later this year if I'm still feel that nobody is noticing me and it's getting to me.

I often do not feel noticed at all and I feel frustrated about it. If I get more eye contact, smiles, or bizarre behaviour from women, then it would be worth my while.

Would it?

I think you just have to be more confident. Sure the phermones, or whatever, might make a woman notice you... but after that it's all up to you.

Are you uncomfortable in social situations? Uncomfortable around women? Uncomfortable just "being yourself" around strangers?

That is what you should try and work on. Get yourself used to it.

Relying on pheromones to make you more confident is just not going to help your self-esteem any. If a girl is attracted to you while you're wearing it, how do you know if she's attracted to you or this synthetic smell?

Even if you were to develop personality and appearance, as you said, this would give you an edge -- but if society is very materialstic, then you could have all the appearance and personality in the world but if you got no money, then you got no girl.

We may be a materialistic society, but there are different levels of materialism. Some women are attracted to money, some just couldn't care less.

Would it?

I think you just have to be more confident. Sure the phermones, or whatever, might make a woman notice you... but after that it's all up to you.

Are you uncomfortable in social situations? Uncomfortable around women? Uncomfortable just "being yourself" around strangers?

No I don't think I'm uncomfortable in social situations after a adjusting into them. I am not uncomfortable around women, I just think I have little or no game, or do not see myself as appealing. I do not honestly understand who 'being myself' is around strangers, I mean your guard is going to be up a bit, right?

That is what you should try and work on. Get yourself used to it.

Relying on pheromones to make you more confident is just not going to help your self-esteem any. If a girl is attracted to you while you're wearing it, how do you know if she's attracted to you or this synthetic smell?

I think it would help my self-esteem because the pheromones themselves are rather cheap in proprotion to the effect it's supposed to have, and it often sells itself as having a 10-30% impact, so being realistic about it, the changes would be subtle, but enough to notice a difference.

Anything that helps get the foot in the door, or that make women more receptive to me initiating with them or make it likely that they would initiate has got to be a cool thing. If they are attracted to a synthetic smell then that's cool, it's better than being invisible most of the time or not getting a second look.

Archived