Firiel

So, if the stars (aka our schedules) align, I'm going to be hanging out with a guy I met online this weekend. We've met once, hung out and chatted for about an hour... it was a lot of fun, and he seemed really cool.

We continued e-mailing back and forth and I asked him if he wanted to hang out again this weekend... he said yes, and then asked me what I wanted to do, expressing interesting in doing something outside.

I tend to be entirely uncreative, so I'm thinking mini-golf... yes? No? Any better ideas that are outside and low-key?

DAMMIT! People are aware of the most underused and romantic dates ever...

Mini-golf...guranteed fun and you get to see how his manners are...and what he thinks about kids...

No downside unless one of you gets a hole in one on the last hole and gets a free game...which will require a future mini-golf date.

Excellent!

It ended up not working out time wise. There's a good chance we'll hang out again, but probably only as friends... when we first hung out, I left thinking that he was a nice guy, but I wasn't sure if we clicked romantically (which is why I wanted to do something casual like mini-golf when we hung out again). We talked a bit on IM when our schedules decided to hate each other, and it turns out he felt the same way which was cool by me... takes any potential pressure off.

that's cool, nothing wrong with just hanging out as friends. i know a couple who met, didn't hit it off, but since they had a lot in common, they kept hanging out, and eventually they fell in love and married. not everyone has sparks on the first date.

good luck!

two things i'm terrible at...bowling and mini golf. i took my last date bowling and will be taking my next date mini golfing on saturday.

i think something like that makes a first date easier. If you do dinner, you have to sit accross from each other and stare at each other eating...people get self conscious about that. with something like a movie, you don't get the chance to talk.

Archived