Met this girl in my class. What do you guys think is going on?

Superus

I met this girl in my college class and i have to admit it took me at least 2 months to notice her. The reason for this is because i sit next to the door and she sits all the way near the window. I finally talked to her on monday (it was the perfect chance to get her number) She was sharing her interests in fitness and i told her that we should workout sometime and she said yes we should and i asked for her number and she gave it to me. i was pretty excited.

Now yesterday i gave her a text msg like around 10:45pm it was pretty late but it's only because she is the only one i know in my class. I asked her if the exam paper was due on wed becaus ei forget to pick up a sheet. She never texted back. So today in class i saw her but i ignored her. I went to the teacher to ask for a copy of the exam and i noticed her looking at me the whole time using my peripheral vision. when class was over we had a little food party so i sticked around and conversed with my class mates. I still ignored her at that point and she was sitting all by herself not talking to anyone. I started grabbing my stuff to leave and i saw her leaving through my peripheral vision and she was heading towards my way. (the only reason i ignored her was because i felt she didn't want to talk to me, instead she gave me her number just cuz she couldn't say no So i figured i got the hint so i didn't talk to her.)

She said "Superus i got your text msg but i was sleeping sorry i didn't reply." i said " ah don't worry about it i thought our paper was due today." she said " i know i got scared and i started to ask people around me" I said "oh haha don't worry about it but next time you could text me anytime you want i will get it everytime." she said "ok, i'll see you monday" i said "ok bye!"

She honestly didn't have to give me an explanation but i guess she felt like she did. it was nice but i sense she might be playing a game...it could be that i ignored her all day lol.

what do you guys think? is she interested in me?

Question for you: why did you ignore her if you are interested?

the only reason i ignored her was because i felt she didn't want to talk to me, instead she gave me her number just cuz she couldn't say no So i figured i got the hint so i didn't talk to her. make it easier for her to say no in an indirect way

I mean that I understand why you ignored her. Because you figured she didn't text back so she wasn't interested, right? What did she mean that she 'got scared and started to ask people around her?' .. because it was after 11pm??

I mean that I understand why you ignored her. Because you figured she didn't text back so she wasn't interested, right? What did she mean that she 'got scared and started to ask people around her?' .. because it was after 11pm??

no she got scared and went to class a bit early to see if the paper was due today. So she came early to ask people around her.

She didn't text me and i kinda thought it was late too, but i don't know her at all, so i gave it a shot and txted her late.

I got no response i figured ok that was an easy rejection. but she came up to me and explaned herself. she seemed like worried when she said sorry to me. it did sound legit and she didn't have to do that if she didn't care...i don't know i think she's interested.

no she got scared and went to class a bit early to see if the paper was due today. So she came early to ask people around her.

She didn't text me and i kinda thought it was late too, but i don't know her at all, so i gave it a shot and txted her late.

I got no response i figured ok that was an easy rejection. but she came up to me and explaned herself. she seemed like worried when she said sorry to me.

Nah, don't jump too quick to that conclusion. It was pretty late after all. What about her other actions, can you kinda tell she is interested in you from interaction? Or have you not interacted much with her?

okay.. i completely skipped over the part where she said she was sleeping when you txted her so ignore everything i previously said.

it does seem like she is interested in some way-- friendly or other. i'd need more details. is she shy/nervous around you? did she text you after the class was over?

Nah, don't jump too quick to that conclusion. It was pretty late after all. What about her other actions, can you kinda tell she is interested in you from interaction? Or have you not interacted much with her?

she seemed pretty talkative when we first chatted. i thought it went ok for the first time. but i only talked to her 1 time and that was to get her number.

should i ask her out sometime this week?

okay.. i completely skipped over the part where she said she was sleeping when you txted her so ignore everything i previously said.

it does seem like she is interested in some way-- friendly or other. i'd need more details. is she shy/nervous around you? did she text you after the class was over?

In class while we were all having the lunch. We walked around each other several times and she didn't say anything to me. I know she saw me though but i don't know for sure becase i was using my corner eye to look at her. But she couldn't have missed me. Maybe she was shy to talk to me then or just waiting for me to talk to her first. Nobody was talking to her and she was sitting by herself. when class was offically over she came to my in front of my friends to apologize. that was pretty gutsy. i bushed it off like it didn't bother me. She didn't text me after class was over though. i don't know to much about her yet though i only talked to her twice.

does it sound like shes interesteD?

she seemed pretty talkative when we first chatted. i thought it went ok for the first time. but i only talked to her 1 time and that was to get her number.

should i ask her out sometime this week?

In my opinion, if she went out of her way to explain herself, it shows she is interested because she didn't want to leave you with a bad image of her. Sure, you should ask her out.

i agree with bubalu in that she wouldn't have gone out of her way to apologize if she didn't like you period. thereforeeee, she does like you at least a little. you should definitely ask her out! txt her again.. if she doesn't answer this time, then you have your answer.

i agree with bubalu in that she wouldn't have gone out of her way to apologize if she didn't like you period. thereforeeee, she does like you at least a little. you should definitely ask her out! txt her again.. if she doesn't answer this time, then you have your answer.

...and this time do it at a decent time!

Texting is not a great way to communicate. I wouldn't reply to a text like that if I did not know the answer or if I were asleep when it came through and I didn't get it till the next morning. If you're interested with her...flirt, see what happens, if she seems receptive, ask her out.

In my opinion which doesn't mean much I think ignoring her was good.

Instead of harassing her why she didn't answer etc you just let her be and made her come to you.

Anyway now you should still do the normal things since you know she is not not interested.

In my opinion which doesn't mean much I think ignoring her was good.

Instead of harassing her why she didn't answer etc you just let her be and made her come to you.

Anyway now you should still do the normal things since you know she is not not interested.

How could she not be interested in me? if she wasn't why would she even come and say sorry if i didnt' even ask her to?

How could she not be interested in me? if she wasn't why would she even come and say sorry if i didnt' even ask her to?

Maybe just out of politeness. Who knows. All I know is that there are different levels of liking someone. I have a guy friend who I like a lot...as a friend. I love being around him but I don't feel that way about him. Sometimes I can tell I'm confusing him by being so happy to hang out with him...but I can't help it, he's great! But I wouldn't date him because that type of attraction isn't there.

yeah it could be.

Only way for me to find out is to call or txt her sometime this week or maybe possibly hangout.

Call her. Don't text LOL...remember what happened last time?! Just kidding...but seriously, just do it the old fashioned way. Call her up and ask her out for a date.

Archived