It's been asked a million times.

My3sStillRacing

I have liked the same guy for months now. We are friends, and have a good time when we're together (usually when we team up for school projects and he drives me home afterwards).

He's pretty shy. I'm pretty shy, AND I've been putting off doing anything about it because we have to work together afterwards if I do get rejected, and if it becomes awkward.

What do guys like in terms of subtle hints? What have you found to be cute?

I want to sort of throw the ball in his court.. a few times.. so he gets the hint, then if HE likes me, he can do something about it.

Advice pleaseee! Thank you.

When I was 19 and met a guy I was interested in I told him I enjoyed going out dancing. He asked me out three days later (we met through friends) and said that when I told him I liked dancing he saw that as a sign that I wanted him to ask me out.

My current bf, when he first asked me out many years ago (that is, the first time around that we dated) said that when I lightly touched his arm while making a point in a conversation (at a work function - we worked for the same company back then) he took that to mean I was interested in dating him. He called me three days later to ask me out for lunch.

When I was 19 and met a guy I was interested in I told him I enjoyed going out dancing. He asked me out three days later (we met through friends) and said that when I told him I liked dancing he saw that as a sign that I wanted him to ask me out.

My current bf, when he first asked me out many years ago (that is, the first time around that we dated) said that when I lightly touched his arm while making a point in a conversation (at a work function - we worked for the same company back then) he took that to mean I was interested in dating him. He called me three days later to ask me out for lunch.

If a woman touches me in the way Batya describes I start to think she might be interested .A playful punch on the shoulder or something similar usually doesn't mean anything[although it can]..Try doing what Batya suggested.

Say that you want to go to a movie, or concert, or restaurant - whatever. But you can't find someone to go with you. Then smile at him.

I say go for this, but if that's too direct for you right now, here are some things that might catch his attention:

-Keep constant eye contact when you're talking with him

-When you're listening to him, tilt your head a bit, give a cute smile, and twirl your hair (I can never resist this from a cute girl, especially when her hair is long and a little bit curly, mmmmm

-Body contact - give him a little tap on the shoulder to get his attention or grab his arm if you want to take him somewhere to show him something...I don't know, be creative

Even if I wasn't interested in a girl, I'd definitely think she was interested if she displayed these actions. While some girls do them without having interest (general flirts), I find that most of the time they do, and almost all of the time guys pick up on it.

Archived