Are all the good and romantic men taken?

KissnRomance

Heh, ya know, something I didn't think to mention, back when I first started high school, I actually TRIED to be one of the more "jerk"-type guys that always seem to get the girls, and even though I probably would have done better with girls if I'd stuck with it, it just wasn't me. Plus, I felt pretty bad, because I said some not-so-nice things to people in the process...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i guess when i say nuts i say:

-they are clingy

-they want money

-they have lost morale and in touch with what a relationship should be

-they have kids

-they have been divorced like upteen times

-they just aren't compatible at all

that leaves me with about 3% to work with lol

-they are clingy

-they want money

-they have kids

Most of the things you list are not so much "nuts" as they are just unfortunate circumstances.

"What Happened to All the Nice Guys?"

Date: 2007-11-19, 3:52AM PST

I see this question posted with some regularity in the personals section, so I thought I'd take a minute to explain things to the ladies out there that haven't figured it out.

This is exactly my life story. From beginning to end. And yes, I guess I learned to be a jerk, yes, and learned to get them in bed in a few hours, and I do get laid regulary these days.

The thing is - there is a big difference what women logically say they want and what really turns them on and pushes their buttons.

-they are clingy

-they want money

-they have kids

Most of the things you list are not so much "nuts" as they are just unfortunate circumstances.

-clingy, not unfortunate

-wanting money, not unfortunate

-losing morale is not unfortunate

-having kids it not unfortunate

-being divorced 50 billion times is not unfortunate

-not compatible, ehhh i guess unfortunate if they are hot.

Most women are just bat$hit crazy and have no idea what they want, to be more exact. Then they expect men, who mind you speak, think, and act in a completely different language to understand anything you try to convey.

The truth is you don't want a sweet, romantic, nice kid. You may THINK you want them but in reality its quite the opposite. So those of us who refuse to treat you like dirt end up with the short end of the stick while you continue to come here and post about how we're a rare breed.

No, you're just not attracted to us at all. Period.

Er....I'm single =P

It's funny how both genders think all the good ones are taken. I don't think it was this forum but someone posted saying most relationships are usually between a good person and a jerk/bee-ch. I think that's true for the most part or else we wouldn't be bickering about it here wouldn't we? ;-) I think it is by sheer chance that we end up finding someone who is the "good one".

Millions of women believe that all the good and romantic men are all taken. A lady wrote this in one forum I used to visit, she said " Good men are endangered species, before you find a good man you have to cross the seven seas and pass through the eye of a needle".

So folks what do you think, are all the good and romantic men taken?

Those who aren't taken are those who haven't discovered that they're good and romantic...

There is a lot of good guys.

It's all about who you attract.

I met only two jerks in my life.

Once when I was only 16 and green enough

and for the second time when I was feeling down due to some personal problems.

All in all in both those times I was a mess so I attracted complete losers.

Let me be yet another person that points to the post gravity made. Reading trough this text really made me feel like I'm reading about myself. How many times I thought I should become bad guy to get a good girl, haha.

Once I was a witness of a chat trough skype of my cousin with her friend. Well, she was using my computer so I couldn't really help but overhear. Her friend was talking about a good guy that was trying to get her attention for long time now, in the nice guy way, of course she didn't feel anything for him. Why? Because even though he was so nice to her and she liked him she stated that the guy has to be more macho. That's it. My cousin detested the guy even more. Well, their choice. I wont feel any sympathy for them if they'll come back complaining there's no good men out there in 10 years or so.

Well, and let's not forget what girls say they except from a guy is

- romantic but a bad guy

- educated but a sportsman

- hard working but always having time for her

- mind reader(okay, that they won't say, lol)

- etc.

Well, but as for being a romantic and nice guy myself, and I'm not bad looking too, I can say one thing - I have never in my almost 22 years of life heard a girl telling me "I love you" even once.

I wish I could find more women like that. Everybody these days wants sex first.

OK, where have all the women gone, that are:

• Nice
  • Romantic
  • Doesn't cheat when things go pear shape
  • Doesn't play head games
  • Willing to go through hot and cold together and the test of time
  • Stand by their men
  • Great in bed
  • Doesn't chuck tantrum or embarrass her man in public
  • Like pets and clean up after them
  • A woman that doesn't read minds
  • Doesn't have a headache every time the light goes off
  • That loves honesty and can actually take it

Bad guys just have more confidence...

Let's say you're a girl and you see a guy who's nervously talking to you, telling about how he likes to collect stamps, how he feels about never having a girlfriend, and is even afraid to tell her that he likes her... huh... And now imagine the girl talking to a guy who's always on the road, knows hundreds of people, get's a VIP entry in every club there is, and feels GREAT even without a girlfriend, etc...

Would you go for the first one???

Bad guys just have more confidence...

Let's say you're a girl and you see a guy who's nervously talking to you, telling about how he likes to collect stamps, how he feels about never having a girlfriend, and is even afraid to tell her that he likes her... huh... And now imagine the girl talking to a guy who's always on the road, knows hundreds of people, get's a VIP entry in every club there is, and feels GREAT even without a girlfriend, etc...

Would you go for the first one???

Well, if I'm a girl and I have some of my personality and social status traits... Well, I know hundreds of people myself, I don't need VIP entries to clubs etc. so I MIGHT go with first one, but I wouldn't probably go with either of them. But then, I'm not a girl.

Well, I've heard that confidence thing hundreds of times, and tell you what? I don't think that's my problem, but I won't trash this thread here with my life ;D

I don't feel that your example of geek who barely comes out of house and sees girl first time in life since kindergarten is an example of nice romantic guy that we're talking about here.

Well, if I'm a girl and I have some of my personality and social status traits... Well, I know hundreds of people myself, I don't need VIP entries to clubs etc. so I MIGHT go with first one, but I wouldn't probably go with either of them. But then, I'm not a girl.

Well, I've heard that confidence thing hundreds of times, and tell you what? I don't think that's my problem, but I won't trash this thread here with my life ;D

I don't feel that your example of geek who barely comes out of house and sees girl first time in life since kindergarten is an example of nice romantic guy that we're talking about here.

Yea, a guy might be nice and romantic, but if he feels bad without having a girlfriend, nothing won't save him from failures...

Yes, I do believe they are, but then I am jaded. I think they are snagged up at a young age and, because they are good, they stick with commitment.

Of course, the inverse is that I must not be all that good, as I am no longer young and I am single. :sad:

Nonetheless, I never put myself out there. I attract jerks and then I'm extremely loyal to them, and the opposite does not apply.

The equally good question is where are all the single women who want a good and romantic man? It's like we're all looking in the wrong places.

I think there is a big difference between what males and females think what "good and romantic man" is ;-).

Archived