.... Argh!!!!

CynicalGuitarist

Well... today is another horrible day for me. I caught a god-damned cold. Well, it's not so much the cold (even though my throat is drier than Death Valley and my nose keeps dripping like mad)... but tomorrow is one of the only days I have to work. Yeah... I'm scheduled for 9 hours this week... 9 hours!?!?!?!? can you believe that bull? Well, that wouldn't be so bad because I have a lot of cleaning to do and could work on some of my singing, lyrics, and composing... but I'm too damn tired to clean and singing whilst sick is one of the worst things for the vocal chords and I need to avoid it as much as possible. ARGH! Talk about bad luck... I'm conflicted... should I go into work tomorrow whilst I'm half-asleep and possibly spread it to the co-workers just for 50 dollars or not? Either way, it's a no-win situation.

Why does this always happen to me? Not too long ago, things started looking up a bit for me; I finally convinced the guitarist in my band for me to be the lead vocalist and started a few practices with him, I'm feeling like I can be happy about a few things, I'm finally spending some time with my friends who are never around and am getting out a little more... but now, I'm back to my bad luck and bad serendepity. I fight to remain positive, too... but my valiant efforts come close to being crushed after another situation like this happens. That's not even the worst of it... I'm working a mere 9 hours this week... that must mean I REALLY suck at my job. The sad part is, in this near-recession economy, it's gonna be damn-near impossible to find another job if this continues.

I'm sick of this, though. Every time I start becoming happy with myself, and think "gee, things might not suck as bad this time!" they end up alot worse than before!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!

Well, I guess there's nothing much anybody can do about this, but typing the feelings and frustration out is a lot better than kicking doors, choking myself, and screaming at the top of my lungs like I usually do.

Not to mention the fact that my mid section has a whole colony of butterflies due to my latest affection for someone of the opposite sex.... those butterflies are ALWAYS there and when I actually DO see her, I can't even talk without stuttering, pausing, or spacing out... ARGH!!!!

Oh well, she'll probably reject me anyways, so I gotta prepare for THOSE pains too...

Ugh... frustration.

I'm conflicted... should I go into work tomorrow whilst I'm half-asleep and possibly spread it to the co-workers just for 50 dollars or not?

No, screw it. Stay at home, you'll get more done that way.

in this near-recession economy, it's gonna be damn-near impossible to find another job if this continues.

Hey, i'm hearin' ya. We are in a near-recession economy too and i am feeling the pinch...

Oh well, she'll probably reject me anyways, so I gotta prepare for THOSE pains too...

Stop itttttttttttt. You'll be right.

Suck it up and go to work, Cynical. I wouldn't turn down nine hours of work. How do you live on that anyway?

I actually went, only to be yelled at by my boss again while I was constantly sneezing and sniffling. Hell, he didn't even want me to work that day. It was really miserable, and I was so sick that I ended up throwing up once I got home.

I'm getting damn near close to quitting. I can't take this anymore.

Well, it sounds as if you have worse than a cold. Sorry you're feeling so rotten. Hope you will find another job before you quit.

You're probably right. I know this sounds cold, but I hope my boss caught at least a bit of MY germ... the jerk.

I hope I can find a job soon... 'cause this 9 hour a week crap ain't gonna work.

If you look really hard and promote yourself, you can find another job in any economy. I have been through 2 or 3 recessions and I know for a fact that you can survive. You have to work at it and get inventive, but I have eventually found a job I liked even in the worst of times. It just won't happen overnight. I would say, keep the job you have until you find another one. Then tell your boss he can keep his snotty attitude.

Archived