so... i guess things are going well between me and my ex... on getting back together... its still not offical... but he gave me the key to his apt back... he said he didnt care if i had it or not... he told me it was up to me if i want to keep it or not. i dont talk about the past anymore, we argue a little here and there but nothing major but i think its going to be okay and were on the road to officially being back together... but i tell you 2 1/2 months ... is a very long time... and it hasnt been easy... im just to the point that i dont really care anymore if we do get back together... i mean this weekend we talked about when we have kids... and stuff... but i donno if that would really happen... i mean i donno i mean he shows that he cares about me and everything... but i still have yet to hear the words " i love you" yet... and ive been thinking if i should cut things off ... i was thinking about doing it on what was suppose to be our 2 year mark for being together... and if he hasnt said the three most important words... then i should just end things cuz i cant keep waiting... what do you think i should do? he shows he cares... and that he wants me to give us time and stuff... but how long should i have to wait? he says were together... but then he does... its just weird... i just down to the point i really dont care anymore... what do you think? just want some advice...

It sounds like you don't love him. Just becuse a person says those 3 words, it doesn't mean you ought to get back together. Sure it is lovely to hear, but really... you gotta love back. I would suggest you both be friends and tell him not to speak of the future. Maybe you can tell him how you feel. But don't mention about the 3 words, he has got to tell you on his own accord.

Getting back into a relationship is (I would say) a big step, which mustn't be taken for granted. Until you are sure you love him and he says and portrays his love for you, then there isn't much point getting together.

If you don't even care about him, why bother?? What are those 3 words going to really do for you?? It's more about actions then about words. The actions speak 10000 times louder then do the words. He can tell you he loves you, you could say it back, but with no true meaning and no real actions to it, what in the world is the point?? I think you want out and you are just tired of it already. Reading from your post, it seems like you don't care anymore. Let him go because it's not fair to him if you are going to play that kind of game with him and since you sound like you moved on, let it go and start over.

Archived