Furry Girls (Normal, sexy, scary?)

timjd

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would imagine if women never started shaving their legs then it would be seen as perfectly normal and attractive by guys. We are conditioned to like clean shaven female bodies, but that is not their natural state. I propose a moratorium on female body hair shaving starting today. Who is in?

You, OP, and you other gentleman of the happiest thread day of my life:

What a fine moment I'm having here!!

My skin is sensitive, so sensitive that the smallest abrasions (especially down there) turn into rash-like itching. So that is the technical reason I can't and won't do it (actually, I DO sometimes just shave inside the groin area, since if my ethnicity had it's way, those hairs would cover a patch that would be a bit alarming for most folk at the beach, in a bikini, and that level of staring I am not ready to handle -- though if I went to live in Europe and frequented nude beaches, I'd probably let it grow out.)

I had to cave in to some degree of this nonsense, when I realized my armpit hair simply could not pass without other very unpleasant glances, when wearing a sleeveless evening number. It's not that I felt unsexy for myself, it's that the stares made me feel undesirable, and that was enough. So sadly, I took up the razor to my pits.

I have not yet caved in on the legs, though the memory of my last ex saying "Honey, your legs are....so HAIRY!...." in what was clearly a thinly guised voice of disgust has left me self-conscious to this day. I think being the type though that dumped baby powder on his deodoranted anti-pespirated-to-death body every day after a shower would indicate that we were ill-mated, in that as well as other ways.

I was with a man 20 years ago, who lately is a friend of mine, and he says he FAR prefers the hairy look between the legs. "Bring it on!" he cheers. "I wanna go looking for the buried treasure, I want to have to FIND it."

I like a man who thinks like that. No, I LOVE a man who thinks like that.

When I was in Italy, I hung out with a few friends in a small town and one of these women was ravishing, enough that she could have been a movie star. Deep olive skin, rich brunette waves of hair on her head, full, expressive lips and dramatic bone structure. Her body, always thinly clad, showed off her unshaven pits and happy trail. I swear that if I "swung that way", she would have been my pick. And frankly, I think that there isn't a guy on this board that would have turned her down. But that's just completely a guess, isn't it.

Every guy on this thread who's answered in chorus with the OP is gettin' reps from me, the cookie of his choice, and a tall glass of whatever he prefers to drink.

To you, boys!

yes. it's just a lil bit of hair from down below that goes up to the belly button. not very attractive in my opinion.

When i said landing stip i mean a tiny line that extends maybe two inches, nowhere even remotely near the belly button. bleck...

When i said landing stip i mean a tiny line that extends maybe two inches, nowhere even remotely near the belly button. bleck...

i was talking about the happy trail. not the actual hair in that area. i know what you talking about. i have no idea who this would make happy though. lol

So, if you found a hot girl with a good figure and pretty face all around, but she just didn't shave her legs, that would be a "total" turn-off. You'd say no way?

Does it matter what the texture and color of hair, or just ANY hair?

Yes. Unless its such thin hairs that to the touch it still feels completely smooth and is not visible.

And yes it is just preference. A preference that aligns with North American sexual ideals, but still my preference nonetheless. I have rather long hair (on my head) and I'm a male, so I'm bucking the North American hair trend in my own way anyway. I'm sure that many women are grossed out by the idea of guys with long hair (despite the fact guys with long hair generally take better care of it then guys with short hair), as many guys are grossed out by the idea of girls with body hair. Luckily for me I can find attractive women who are turned on by guys with long hair, as it appears you are able to find men turned on by hairy women.

Yes. Unless its such thin hairs that to the touch it still feels completely smooth and is not visible.

What baffles me is that after 1 day, shaved legs are no longer smooth. Hair that is soft and unshaven (mine) is FAR softer and smoother any day than stubble, which is like sandpaper.

And yes it is just preference. A preference that aligns with North American sexual ideals, but still my preference nonetheless. I have rather long hair (on my head) and I'm a male, so I'm bucking the North American hair trend in my own way anyway. I'm sure that many women are grossed out by the idea of guys with long hair (despite the fact guys with long hair generally take better care of it then guys with short hair), as many guys are grossed out by the idea of girls with body hair. Luckily for me I can find attractive women who are turned on by guys with long hair, as it appears you are able to find men turned on by hairy women.

So, what you're saying is that you are bucking the American Standard as a male, but expect females to comply?

Btw, I LOVE men with long hair, it's my preference. I find the rare oyster of a man with long hair as difficult to find as...well, men who appreciate body hair on a woman, or don't care enough to break the deal. Both are pretty rare in American culture, and unfortunately for me, rarer with my scenario than yours.

And oddly enough, one would think that longer hair on a man would lend itself to more hair tolerance all around, but such is not the case. A long-haired hippy dude would be fine with it, but not an urban rocker dude with long hair who wants a "Pretty Woman" or Pam Anderson type girl.

Well not gross. I mean it's just hair.

But I agree--> It really does only take like 10 minutes to shave legs + arm pits fully (And 5 for only till the knees) but to each their own. If some don't want to do it who cares.

I do have to agree though. When I see a girl who hasn't shaved her legs (I'm talking like long hairs) it does weird me out a bit I guess b/c of what we've been taught by society that shaved legs on girls is like.. "normal".

So, what you're saying is that you are bucking the American Standard as a male, but expect females to comply?

Not at all. I don't except anything of any women. What I'm saying is that it is a preference. When choosing a date, its all choices on prejudice. Some people like girls with brown hair only, or skinny girls. You can't hire an employee based on that, but you sure have that choice when looking for a date. Ya know what I mean?

I certainly don't expect every girl to shave, and I respect people's choice do to whatever they want to do. Its their right. I'm just not going to date girls who don't possess the qualities I look for.

i mean not to sound shallow but thats just gross.

First, I'm not complaining about the time it takes to shave (although yeah, when I'm rushing and tired, that extra 10 minutes is a pain in the butt). I'm complaining about the fact that a part of my body that is as natural as skin, is thought of as "something a person would have to put up with looking at."

What do you mean by "gross"? What "grosses" you out about it? I think of gross as something unhygeinic and dirty, germy, or otherwise bloody and somehow relating to contamination or oozing with fluids that are supposed to be inside the body. Boogers hanging outside your nose is gross. Hair is just an extension of the skin and what is all over your whole body, not just your calves, on both sexes.

What's your definition of "gross"?

I certainly don't expect every girl to shave, and I respect people's choice do to whatever they want to do. Its their right. I'm just not going to date girls who don't possess the qualities I look for.

Yes, well we all have to choose people that we find attractive. But for ME, that isn't some abstract quality. My attraction to someone does depend on my immediate take of their physical attributes, I won't lie. If someone immediately doesn't look in some way remotely attractive to me, I am not going to be interested in pursuing that. But I've also found that when I start to like someone's mind, and their way of thinking and values, all kinds of things that might have been a turn-off start to not matter anymore, or be excusable. So if I were dating you, and always wore leggings and you thought, "Wow, she's got shapely legs, and a great face" and you thought I was hot in all ways, and you liked our energy together, and we shared a lot of interesting things and the sparks were flying, and you started to really dig my personality, but then when I wore a pretty skirt and you saw there was hair on my legs and thought, "Oh!!! FORGET IT, THEN!", yes, that would be superficial.

I mean, I have a monstrous foot fetish, and one of my exes has the most unsightly feet ever. Hobbit feet. Just looking at them at times put a dent in things for me, but did that matter more than the loving and caring qualities he had, the laughter we shared, etc.? No. After a while, the feet looked less and less unattractive, too. Funny how that works.

Anyone who says I like to only date women/men with brunette hair or who are petite are going to cut/limit their chances of finding a mate with more enduringly important qualities. But if you want to limit yourself that way, and choose people who think the way you do, you will get exactly what you look for, which is people who judge you on the same type of criteria.

It amuses me that shaving has gotten extremely popular for men.

No way in this life would I apply a blade below my equator, or shave the gray hair from my nippular area, yet some men use that same line..."it only takes a few minutes, then I feel clean."

Whatever turns you on.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

You know, thank you for mentioning that, Dako, because to my mind along this thread, that was the next logical step.

If it's "gross" for a person to have hair on any part of their body, why is it not considered "gross" for a man to keep his hair, if it is for a woman?

Ah! It's only "gross" for a woman?

Which means that then, it must be some aesthetic association about femininity, to have smoothness and hairlessness, as a counterpoint to the masculinity of hairness on men. Keeps the sexes well apart and defined. This actually makes a particle of sense to me, if I were going to take the Devil's Advocate here on that side. (even though women's body hair is usually no where near the texture, thickness and darkness of a man's, my leg hair is nowhere near the looks of a man's.)

But then, if women should be hairless to be feminine and men should be hairy to be masculine, why is it not "gross" for a man to start shaving all his hairy parts? No one's calling it gross these days for men to shave their arms, chests, stomachs, groins and in cases, legs. And yet, I could actually say that I find it spookily "wrong" to see such a thing. If I were in 4th grade, I'd say "gross" (or even if I were 17, and posting on eNA), but since that word seems a little heavy-handed, I will say if anything could be called that, it would be a hairless man.

Yet you don't see any women OR men finding anything wrong with that.

So again, we have a giant double standard.

And about the whole "it only takes a few minutes, then I feel clean." Please. Give me a break. The time it takes to do something to your body doesn't make that more of less of a reason to do it. Shaving is not part of hygeine, period. It only takes 1 minute to put on bright red lipstick, and I don't do that either (except on rare dressy occasions). Doesn't mean that recommends I do it every day, or that it makes my lips cleaner (in fact, it does the opposite).

I guess for me, what this comes down to is a difference in the way I view the human body. Or maybe because I draw the human figure a lot, and see beauty in the variety. I just see that the way we were made is as close to perfection as it gets. I have an almost worshipful feeling about the way everything has been created on us, and unless something was hindering our daily life or causing pain, wouldn't change it, but embrace it. I don't care if it takes 2 minutes or 2 hours to get rid of something that's there, to me that kind of tells Mother Nature that she was out of her gourd when she gave us our birthday suit.

(And for the record, pubic hair does serve a function; it helps the area "breathe" through clothes more; women who don't have that "cushion" get more vaginal infections.)

Good on you, Dako. There is no reason for your chest to look like it did back when you were throwing paper airplanes in class.

P.S. Oh, and thanks for the new word...."nippular"....is that a word? Cool.

One final thing, if a man wanted to shave his legs or whatnot because it directly related to some passion of his (say a sport), I would look past the "unaturalness" of that because the actual texture of his skin is not as much of consequence to me as the fact that he's really into something he loves, and has a passion for it, so that's really quite a turn-on. He has a reason for doing it bedsides just some faddist fetish, and that's very cool with me.

I'd like the same in return.

Archived