Potty Training

onewithbooks

Don't push it!! Thats the only advice I can really give.

My son will be 3 in March and while he usually does really well I have noticed that if I push him, he will back track and that usually messes us up and he won't use the potty for awhile.

Also, positive rewards everytime they go!! Even if my son pees just a drop, He gets a sticker and it just makes him want to go more. Find something they like and stick with that.

Best of luck to her!!!! Everyone always told me how difficult it was to potty train a boy.. and gee how I know that now

I tried over and over to potty train my grandson and he would not go. Then one day out of the blue he says he wants to pee pee in the big toilet. From that day on, he did it all on his own.....

I was very patient with him and praised him anyway (for trying) even if he didn't do it.

I had my little cousin for two weeks while his mom and dad were out of the country, and she had just started trying to potty train him, which sucked for me cuz I had to help him with it... I didn't really know what to do, so I did what my mom told me.

1. Put cheerios or fruit loops in the toilet. For a boy, it's like a game to try to hit them lol.

2. Praise them for using to toilet and ive them a reward of some kind. With him, it took money. Everytime he used the potty, I would put a quarter in his piggy bank.

3. Don't rush them. If he was rushed, he wouldn't do it.

4. Don't act inconvenience by it. If you sigh or roll your eyes, they are afraid to say anything and would rather not use the potty. My sister had a big problem with rolling her eyes, and he was afraid to ask when he was with her.

Archived