Are some pretty girls just ignored?

RedPenguin

EDIT: I take the word pretty back from the subject. I'm not trying to judge girls by looks at all. I meant what society calls "hott"/"pretty".

Ok, I'm chasing this girl now who I feel is very pretty, and my friend feels the same way.

She told us, that she doesn't actually get called pretty that often.

I basically smile at her and treat her with complete respect when I talk to her.

I just for obvious reasons, that most "hott" girls would be complimented all the time and have to fight guys off with a stick.

Yet this girl, is talking to my friend and I with complete respect, not blowing us off, like so many girls we ran in to.

I mean, she seems to love the attention, because we hardly know each other, but I just smiled at her a couple of times and treated her with complete respect, now my friend and I got her coming to a party with us and she gave us her phone number like it was nothing. (I never had a girl before give me her number like it was nothing, they always act like it's a completely personal information and we are their enemy, so they can't devolve such information, due to international law.)

Do some girls just want some respect and treated for their personality?

I guess I may be making a big deal out of getting a number, but it's new to me.

I've never talked to a cute girl before, got her number (with no work), had her actually say ok to a get together, and treat me with complete respect the entire time. And I defiantly never had a girl offer to bend her schedule just to get together. It was just way too easy for some reason.

^ Agreed, and in the eye of the beholder. It depends on how you project yourself too... Some people don't take compliments well, or are just unapproachable, or like attention.

Meh, I dunno

Maybe giving you her number just is'nt a big deal... don't read too much into it incase you get things wrong, because you could blow a potentially good friendship maybe. Wait for something sure.

my former tutor was also a part-time model. she looked like a barbie doll, i am not joking. very tall, blonde, long legs, she was swedish. and also, graduated at the top of her college class, totally brilliant, and she was the nicest person ever. she told me she RARELY got hit on, usually because most guys thought she was already taken. so, yes, i think it happens....

my former tutor was also a part-time model. she looked like a barbie doll, i am not joking. very tall, blonde, long legs, she was swedish. and also, graduated at the top of her college class, totally brilliant, and she was the nicest person ever. she told me she RARELY got hit on, usually because most guys thought she was already taken. so, yes, i think it happens....

This makes me kinda curious, if some girls hardly ever get hit on, if they will sometimes make it easier for guys who actually do hit on them.

For example, this girl, told us she hardly is told she's pretty, and she gave us her number like it was nothing. Like I said, said she could flex her work schedule to get together with us, and even suggested we could even study together.

I just thought it was way too darn easily. Like I said before, I never got a girls number that easily, usually they treat their number as a "trade secret"/"international secret". LoL.

I think that girls that don't frequent bars/clubs/parties probably don't get hit on too much, so if an attractive woman is less in to the party scene and more of a homebody it's likely she doesn't get hit on as much as a less attractive girl that does go to those types of places.

yes, i agree with that. i am hit on pretty frequently when i do go out to bars, or clubbing, but honestly, i don't go out to bars or clubbing so often. i think men are a lot more likely to approach us after a few drinks, rather than on sunday morning in the produce section.

my tutor i wrote about - the swedish barbie doll - she also wasn't a party animal, she was more of the quiet type who would rather enjoy a night inside.

Umm, pretty girls, ugly girls....they are people just like you.

Everyone is different.

You shouldn't judge someone's character just by their looks alone.

Yes you are right. I figured maybe it wasn't the proper name for the post. I should have not said pretty. I am not trying to judge any girl in this post.

This thread reminds me of a story:

There was this girl I went to high school with. She was widely regarded the hottest girl in our graduating class. Two weeks before Prom, someone asked her who she was going with and she said "no one". They asked why and she just sorta shrugged and said "no guy has asked me yet..."

The girl was thought to be so hot that every guy in the class assumed that she already had a date, so nobody asked her.

I always thought that was classic. Not completely related to this thread, but classic no less. It could be that she's one of these girls, where guys don't constantly feel the need to compliment her because it goes without saying.

This thread reminds me of a story:

There was this girl I went to high school with. She was widely regarded the hottest girl in our graduating class. Two weeks before Prom, someone asked her who she was going with and she said "no one". They asked why and she just sorta shrugged and said "no guy has asked me yet..."

The girl was thought to be so hot that every guy in the class assumed that she already had a date, so nobody asked her.

I always thought that was classic. Not completely related to this thread, but classic no less. It could be that she's one of these girls, where guys don't constantly feel the need to compliment her because it goes without saying.

That makes perfect sense. This girl became all shy and nervous when we actually told her that she's pretty. So I assume she probably liked it, she didn't get mad or anything, LoL.

I guess the reason I originally said "pretty" girl at first was because the girls that society normally calls "cute/hott" never usually seem to give their phone number out, so how this girl just gave her number out so easily just amazed me.

It was different, because it seemed like when my friend would say something, she would think no, but then she would look at me, and suddenly be like, oh I can request a day off.

I don't know if that means a girl's interested or not, if she flexes her schedule for you, gives you her number, and treats you incredibly nice, but I would think it maybe would.

I'd feel pretty damn good about that dude, especially the flexing schedule thing. If she just thought you wanted to befriend her, she wouldn't be changing plans for you. That's my opinion anyway...

And yeah, I agree about the "pretty/cute" vs. "hot" distinction. "Hot" girls have always been more like models to me, not the kind of girls that I ever think of as being approachable, but more to just admire from a distance and move on. I usually call a girl "pretty" or "cute" if I think she's good-looking, but somehow more accessible. It's a subconscious thing I'm sure, but that's how it works for me anyway.

I'd feel pretty damn good about that dude, especially the flexing schedule thing. If she just thought you wanted to befriend her, she wouldn't be changing plans for you. That's my opinion anyway...

I agree with this completely. Also, I feel giving out your phone number without any type of fight, was kinda interesting also.

She was basically saying yes to everything my friend and I offered, not even making a single excuse.

I can't be certain, but the way she was looking at my friend and me, it was like she felt like saying no to my friend but yes to me. I mean, I overheard her talking to my friend just by himself, and she sounded like she didn't really care to talk to him, yet, I came over and she listened to every word I said, and started to laugh at all my jokes and everything. HeHe.

Maybe she's a funny girl, but she seems to get lost, when she talks to me, like she just stares in to my eyes, and seems to "snap" back to it, after a couple seconds when I'm done talking.

She was funny, I started to talk, she just kept looking right at me, even while my friend was talking, she was like lost looking at me or something. Then a couple of seconds later, she seemed to snap back. LoL. I think somethings going on because she looked over in my direction and just seems to get lost. But doing while I was talking, kinda threw a flag up for me. Dunno if it's really important, but it was defiantly something different for me. She actually looked mesmerized. I'm serious, like this:

link removed

Even though she's obviously older that that kid in the pic, LoL.

I do think it depends on the girl's personality and how she comes accross to others. I rarely get guys asking me out or flirting with me. Not saying I'm pretty - as it is in the eye of the beholder and subjective - but I don't think I'm ugly - yet I've been single forever (although am kind of picky). But I'm fairly reserved and shy and am not the sort of person to go crazy. I have a more extroverted friend who is very chatty and she never seems to be short of admirers because she will just go and chat to anyone - whereas I am more likely to only speak to people who come up to me, rather than the other way around. If I were you I would definitely treat the girl with respect but get to know her, meet up with her etc. If she gave you her number then by all means call her, but do treat her with respect. Just because a girl gives you her number it doesn't mean they are easy or desperate. I rarely give out my number so if I gave it to someone it would mean I thought they were important enough to give it to. I guess some people are different and don't care who has their number though. Either way, if you like her be honored that she gave you her number and work on getting to know her - but don't go too fast.

I think it depends on the people hitting on you as to whether you are nice or not. I tend to get more guys online messaging me and they are not my type. It depends how the person hitting on you treats you as to how you treat them back.

I agree with you 100%. You defiantly are right on the money. I plan on treating this girl with respect and not treating her as if she is easy or desperate. I believe she actually likes that. I didn't hit on her like a pig or anything, and I think she appreciates that as well.

I think my friend did kinda act like a slobbering pig around her though. Even though he was trying to treat her with respect. But I guess respect varies from guy to guy and person to person.

Yeah I don't get hit on at all

but I get called pretty by friends

Even when I initiate a friendly talk in class, no flirting or anything...these guys aren't up for a conversation at all... I tried talking to my types and not my types (just to see how they will react)... It's all the same!

so it makes me wonder whether I'm pretty or whether everyone is lying to me.

could just be where you live - i notice that men in europe are more up for random conversations with random girls than their american counterparts....

i don't think that it's that you're not attractive. could be that these guys are a bit intimidated to talk to you. they are still young and insecure.

Sometimes attractive girls are the most lonely. Either they know every guy is approaching them cause they are attractive so they don't trust them or guys are too intimidated to approach.

Totally agree with this.

OP...I don't think the way things are going with this girl has anything to do with her looks, from the sounds of it. It simply sounds like she appreciated the fact that you treated her with respect (and that is hard to come by these days, whether you are hot or not), and is giving that back to you. I think it's great!

PS, redpenguin, I'm curious: Does her 'accessibility,' and the fact that she is going along with everything you're suggesting, turn you off? I know men like the chase...most men anyway...and I get the impression that you're a little turned off by how easy it was to get her number, etc.

So, is it true? Does nixing the chase really cut men's desire in half?

Totally agree with this.

OP...I don't think the way things are going with this girl has anything to do with her looks, from the sounds of it. It simply sounds like she appreciated the fact that you treated her with respect (and that is hard to come by these days, whether you are hot or not), and is giving that back to you. I think it's great!

I completely agree. I find her being accessible actually attractive. I'm tired of girls always being like, no sorry, nope, sorry, maybe some other time.

I like a little bit of a chase, but if she threw her self on me and said kiss me hott stuff, I wouldn't mind. HaHa. (This depends on how she does it though. It has to be erotic/romantic, not like a mad woman who is deranged. LoL).

I do think she appreciated complete respect. From what I gather from her, she doesn't get complimented that much nor get that much attention from anybody.

So I wonder if she really enjoys me flooding her with attention and treating her as a cool and fun human being.

I was kinda embarrassed around her, because even though I was controlling myself, talking to her, my friend was going a little crazy, and I thought he was going to droll. I think maybe this is why she didn't act incredibly impressed with him. She seemed more like whatever with him.

Now me, I can't help but comment on her look, she actually looked like I hypnotized her. I was talking and she locked her eyes right on me, kept looking even after I was done talking, and almost ignored my friend. She actually looked mesmerized.

I did find it interesting, how she looked around the room and everything when he talked, but boy was she dead locked, when I talked, LoL. I never had someone pay that much attention to me when I talked. My own family doesn't pay that much attention, they even look around a lot.

I mention how she paid such close attention to me when I was talking and how she looked at me because I never got that from a woman before. I swear, when I go to talk to a girl, she is like "whatever" when I'm talking or acts like, will you just finish talking? So to actually meet a girl who actually listens when I talk and treats me with complete respect, it almost makes me think I'm seeing and hearing things, LoL.

Archived