Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

If You Could Live Anywhere.....?

Natty7

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm on the eastern side of Washington so it's not all that spectacular. I haven't heard how the west side was yet but we just got around 11-14 inches of snow these few days. And I heard more is coming!

Oh, the difference is like night and day between Seattle and say Spokane.

Spokane is more like Wyoming to me. lol

We got 1" of snow a few days ago.

I have never seen more than 4" of snow at one time in 18 years.

And... we have mass trees unlike Eastern Wash..

Jeff

Oh, don't even get me started about Spokane... lol

I've been to Spokane, Omak, Yakima and Wenatchi.

They are like on a different planet from Seattle. lol

The weather system changes radically once you get beyond the Cascades.

I saw a global warming projection that says the Puget sound region will be the least effected by global warming in all of North America.

Lots of opportunities too, Seattle often wins national awards in many categories.

Jeff

TOV,

I love the sea too but the ocean in Cali is not as clean. If I were to move, I would definitely miss the crystal clear aqua green of the deep Pacific.

I think somewhere in Southern California, and if I could be guaranteed an indoor "continuous pool" where I can swim endless laps, probably Northern Cali. I just need my water to swim in, and love the sea. I need to be near the sea, I think...so a coastal Italian town would do it for me, as well.

Very interesting to see that a lot of us want to be in the region that the other part of us are in.... to bad that movie "The Holiday" can't be more do-able... Can you imagine the money saved by just swapping houses? But in the movie everyone was cool, no psychos, perverts, killers, etc. I would be so afraid of what someone did to my house while I was away, or what kind of sicko is shagging in my bed.

Has anyone on here done the whole house swapping for holiday? Is it safe?

Bermuda...I've been there 3 times...I love it. Everything about it. Just let me pack my stuff and I'll go....

Hell yes...it's beautiful...damn expensive though...Pink Sand woooot!!

Anyone been to Jamaica? I have always wanted to go on holiday.
doyathink has a very nice description of jamaica below 2160864]And you better love.....eh, ken I braid yer hair mon? Do ya need a taxee mon? I can get ya all the Ecstasy ya want mon! No? how abet all the finest marijuana mon? No? How abet some reely good cocaine mon? Do ya have eny spere change mon?

All before you make it out of the airport!haha...its funny but true...at least its not like when you visit Tiawan and when you leave the bar in the cab the driver says "you looking for girls? I know best in town" and you say "no thanks man" and then he pauses for a sec and says with a half smile and raised eyebrow "you looking for boys then? I know where to go..." and at that point you say "I think I'll walk from here"

Anyways...for me...I'd live right here in the best damn place on earth where I live now and hopefully will live until the day I die...

AUSTIN, TEXAS!!!

there isn't a better city in the whole damn world if you ask me...the music alone is worth stayin here for...I mean...yall can look it up..."South by Southwest" and "Austin City Limits Music Fest" are two of the biggest concerts annually in the country...150+ bands on like 8 stages...with everything from rock, R&B, country, alternative, folk rock, indie...you name it, we got it.

and I'm sorry to tell yall this but I swear to god this town has the prettiest girls in the world in it...and friendly as can be too. besides that...it's Texas...why the hell would you want to live anywhere else? lol

I love where I live...its part of me...I was born about an hour from here...my whole family lives within 8 hours drive from me(except for my cousin up in Boston)...weather is nice here...we got good fishin & huntin...got great rivers to float, lakes to boat on, and beaches to party on...

Austin also has 6th street....which is about 2 miles of just bars...always something going on...

anyways...thats my WOOT TEXAS rant of the day...

GreenMonster I think that it's completely awesome that your family lives so close!!! I wish I could say the same thing. We are spread out Florida, North Carolina, New York, Boston, Puerto Rico, etc. etc. etc.

I have heard that the Texas girls are GORGEOUS and have that southern charm... and that everything is bigger in Texas. lol

Archived