Anyone still dream of the ex's??!

why?! why do i still have to have dreams of my ex?! my ex of 4 years (that broke my heart) and i split up october 2006. it was for the best but i guess deep deep down it still hurts me. i met a wonderful guy who adores me and whom i love and we are now set to get married in october of 2008.

problem is every couple months for some nagging reason i have dreams of my ex still. he will be in my dream and we will be laughing or talking, or i will dream he confesses he made a mistake...or he will just simply be there....

i just woke up from the weirdest dream. i was walking down the aisle on my wedding day and my ex was there in the back and after the ceremony when i was alone he comes up to me and says congrats..touches my face and walks away...

geeeeeeeeeeez ....we have no communication with each other except to say happy birthday via facebook message and i havent seen him since we broke up....

i am very happy with my fiance but whenever i have a dream of my ex like today it shakes me up when i wake up...

has this happened to anyone?! do i have unresolved issues with my ex or something deep down inside me?

errrrrrrrr help!!

Hey There,

I don't think that is so unusual. I have two exes whom I was serious with and in long term relationships with (one I lived with for 5 years, another I dated for over 2 years- both have been over for more than 7 years) and I sometimes still dream of them. I've been happily living with my guy for 5 years and we are engaged and planning a wedding and I do once in awhile have a dream with one of the exes in it.

The bottom line is that they were a bit part of my life for a long time so it's obvious I am not going to completely forget about them, but that doesn't mean I am not happy and satisfied in my current relationship or that I haven't moved on.

I do as well. Last night I was dreaming my ex-ex wife...She was crying and saying she made a big mistake..I know she did but I am over her so much since I am in love with someone else now.

So, you have to look at the future..I think once you love someone so much, the memories are never erased.

I used to dream of my ex ALL the time...just about every night for 3 months straight. The dreams stopped for a while but last night I had an extremely weird one...I was performing at some Christmas holiday concert and after my piano solo, Robert Plant comes out and I sang a duet with him! And then after the duet he invited me to go out with him after the concert...

My ex and I both love Led Zeppelin (and Robert Plant) so in the dream I decided to break NC to tell him about my experience. So I guess as much as I want to believe my feelings are gone for him, I think there's still that part of me that wants to seek some type of revenge...or make him jealous/regretful/etc. Bummer. Ah well...it was a great dream But it reminded me that my healing is still ongoing and I'm not done yet...

Dreamt about him the other night after my third date with this new guy. I dreamt that we were on the phone and we both said, "I miss you." Ugh. I don't really miss him, though; I just miss the feeling of being sure I love someone. Obviously I'm not completely sold on the new guy yet, so I think the dream probably just represented that I miss the feeling of being in love.

So, as you could see from my last post that I dreamt of him a few nights ago and we said we missed each other. Last night I dreamt that he committed suicide and I tried to get in touch with his roommates for details as to what happened, but couldn't. This one I'm scratching my head over...

wow...ok i guess im not alone then...dreams are a funny thing...

i just found out a few days after i had that dream that my ex is now dating someone new... its been over a year and i for the most part feel okay that he is happy so i guess ive come along way... just every now and then i do miss my ex and wonder if he ever misses me

ughh well since me my ex broke up with me a couple of weeks ago, i have dreamed of him ever single day, i hate it. i dream that were together. or i dream that we both got married and lived together and were happy. i dream of us kissing. i even dreamed that i had his baby but that i was alone with out him. it has just been so crazy. i really do miss him and because everythign is so recent, maybe thats why :sad:

Archived