He cheats, i have partners... who's right?

Boughs

I've definitely had my fair share of partners. Its been fine because I at least know the girls before we start anything. My friend has been picking at me though for it and I just want to know what you all think.

First off, who is my friend? My friend is a cheater. He has cheated on his gf and been caught cheating 3 times. He still cheats, but much much more infrequently (his last one was 3-4 months ago.)

I'm very against cheating and so I tell my friends that's what I disrespect in him (yes I'm backstabbing... i just can't seem to help it if I'm against something so strongly). So he knows I've told people and got mad. He sorta blew up at me.

He goes "How can you say that my hooking up with girls is so bad when you hook up with x y and z in the past 2 weeks?" and I simply go "I'm not breaking loyalty, these girls are up for the fun as much as I am, and we are all 'available'... I'm hurting no one intentionally"

He calls me hypocritical for saying he is doing something wrong... but I don't see it... do you?

i get in this same argument with my husband. I have some friends who are single and like to "get theirs". However, they don't cheat, they don't deceive, they practise safe sex, they're not hurting anyone. He, on the other hand, has friends who do nasty things.. Cheating on their wives and girlfriends, and even getting other women pregnant, having HIV scares, icky, horrible stuff. He calls my friends bad words but won't accept that his friends do worse things.

This is one of those things I look at a friendship and question to keep... but I'm doing this thing right now where I'm trying to keep people in my life rather than shut them all out. I tend to just write people off so quickly. I guess I'm just teaching myself how to still befriend someone despite our differences.

Dunno if he is worth it. Dunno how to gauge whats worth keeping as a friend and not.

Hmmmmmmmmm, i would think disrespect for your friend would come into play. I don't know if it is the same for men, but i'd probably toss the friendship.

Of course i can be rather judgemental when cheating comes into play. Why can't people just end the relationship?? What weakness of character. Such a turn off.

I would agree that you are right on this one. You are not seeing anyone so you can hook up with whoever without hurting anyone as long as the girls your doing it with don't care.

He on the other hand is in a relationship and is cheating on his gf yeah not cool dude. Feel sorry for his girlfriend honestly.

He is just trying to justify his actions. You are single and the girls are single - you are free to do as you wish. He made a commitment.

My $0.02 - stop badmouthing him and decide if you really want to be friends with someone whom you cannot respect and of this character. I myself had ended friendships with people whom cheated on their partners where they were callous about it and lying about it.....I would not date someone I cannot respect, nor be friends with someone I cannot respect.

Archived