What is the use of having children?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well then SBJ

Questions answered? I think we're all a little puzzled, because when you made your initial post, it sounded like you wanted to know how to get people off your case. Then you emphatically stated you just want to know why anyone would EVER consider having children. Well there are some excellent posts as to why, even going beyond expressing the love for their own children.

Almost everyone here has clearly supported your right to not want children, some even encourage it. Yet you have so far only responded to posts when you have taken offence to their comments.

So tell us? Did we answer your questions? I'm not asking if we changed your mind, because although I think you only want to argue with anyone who might try, most of us have made no effort to convince you that YOU should have them.

But do you understand why other people might? "Well Intelligent" people generally can appreciate, understand and respect anothers viewpoint, even when they personally disagree.....

So are you really "Well intelligent"?

SBJR...

When they hold you tight, cuz they did something wonderful.

When they cry next to you, cuz something terrible happened.

When you realise they are the next gen of YOU.

When you see them put the birdnest back in the tree so the birds still have a place to call home.

That's why....your progeny!

How can you be more immortal!

how can you be more immortal?...teach

students hold you tight, because they did something wonderful...when i teach a child something they "thought" they couldnt do they have big cheezy smiles and say "I did it"

students cry all the time, because something happened either at home OR school.

students definitely are the next generation because of teachers

students do the most amazing things in the classroom, lunchtime, recess, field trips, extracurricular activities

How can you BE more immortal

a person does not have to have children of their own in order to experience what it is like to be a parent.

their classmates are their siblings...they fight, whine, and annony one another

i see a great number of scrapes and bruises

they hug me and tell me they love me and missed me during holiday breaks

most importantly....i teach them new things...everyday

i enjoy everything working with children has to offer except when the bell rings i have the freedom to do or go where ever i want whenever i want. they do not have to live with me for me to appreciate them.

really my only responsibility is my dog and if i leave for an extended period of time i can drop him at "pets are people too" and they will not call asking...when did you say youll be back to get him

Honestly... I think I do want to have A kid or two (maybe). But I do see SBJR's point.

There really isn't a point to having children...

I certainly don't want to have any children until I'm over 30... what a waste of my life it would be to have them before that...

It may be selfish... but not really... if you think about it. You only live once. The 'point' of children is to pass on your genes.

Ever since my big brother had children his life is a living hell. Why is that good? He's working his butt off for them instead of living his own life.

If I have kids I will raise them well but I won't sacrifice my life for them. There's no reason for it.

well my wife is having our baby in about 4 more months rather im ready or not lol, But thats okay. But definitely if your not ready to handle it then dont make a child. Beeing a good father is going to be the easy part, Finding a comon gound with rachel on how to raise them... not so easy lol.

I suppose since "folowing" her has worked this long the preferred methaod for reaching agreement here would be to shut up and just go along with her program lol

I think the best thing about kids is their fresh outlook on life. I don't blame them for the mistakes of indulgent parents.

I decided not to have children at 16, and in my early 20s had a vasectomy. I really like kids, but never felt the drive to have any.

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like but at 55, it's not in the cards.

Maybe SBJ should get fixed to prevent accidental fatherhood and save a lot of trouble someday.

Come on, old bean!

Snip-snip.

Archived