Boughs

I was clinically diagnosed as having depression back 6 years ago when i was a junior in high school. As I've grown older and become more aware of the world around me I've become a much happier person. If I were to go to a doctor now, would they say I have depression anymore?

I get depressed for about an hour every other day, but I work it out and move on with my day.

Will I ever stop having this 1 hour break of depression or is that just normal life?

Also since I've "come out" (or so I think I have) of depression I seem to have developed a bit of something similar to that of ADD. Is that normal?

I would have to say it is possible to sort of grow out of depression. Some young people, mainly teens, that have or claim to have depression normally grow out of it as they get older. I think it is normal for you to still have bouts of it sometimes. I don't know about the ADD situation though. Possibly speak with a doctor about the issue?

I was clinically diagnosed as having depression back 6 years ago when i was a junior in high school. As I've grown older and become more aware of the world around me I've become a much happier person. If I were to go to a doctor now, would they say I have depression anymore?

I get depressed for about an hour every other day, but I work it out and move on with my day.

Will I ever stop having this 1 hour break of depression or is that just normal life?

Also since I've "come out" (or so I think I have) of depression I seem to have developed a bit of something similar to that of ADD. Is that normal?

Depression can come in bouts, yes, so it is possible to enter and exit it. A person can enter and exit depression their entire lives.

If you still find yourself having depression even a little bit a day, it still would be a good idea to talk to a doctor. Especially if you are feeling that you have ADD symptoms.

I find it hard to believe that depression and even ADD, to a certain degree, can't be resolved on one's own. The human mind is amazingly resilient. I'm a go-to-the-doctor-only-as-a-last-resort type of guy though, and I am very hesitant to take medications of any sort.

I think the question is do YOU feel content with your life? If you feel you are well and doing well, then I would say you are doing just fine on your own!

If you think your quality of life could be substantially improved... then I would consult a doctor, and progress from there as necessary.

Archived