Girls: Cute vs. Hot

ninnin

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

me neither. i think i feel a bit threatend by a "hot" guy cause i know he gets a lot of attention from girls everywhere.

i prefer a cute average guy. in my experience "hot guys" just know it, and it is harder to find a guy who has so many options yet only wants to be with one girl.

then again i do know looks arent everything and a guy cant get and keep a girl based only on his looks. however looks play a role when attracting strangers.

I tend to avoid "hot" people as I've learn that hot = shallow

I had a crush on this girl that was really hot, she had the face of an angel, and her voice was real sweet, but all in all, everytime we went out, I was bored within 5 minutes.

For me, being "hot" or "cute" is all about attitude, and for me, anyone I like that is not "hot" is cute...

I tend to go for nice/cute boring girls.

i think i feel a bit threatend by a "hot" guy cause i know he gets a lot of attention from girls everywhere.

Yup, same with me. I've dated some real knockouts before, but the one thing that I couldn't stand was the attention they always got. At first it wasn't bad - take it as a complement, but months down the road I found it annoying and too much to deal with; I was frustrated.

I tend to avoid "hot" people as I've learn that hot = shallow

Yup, my experience as well. Fun for a while, but it gets old very fast. Someone once said, 'beauty fades, but dumb is forever.' I find shallowness the same way - people rarely have a big change of heart.

Cute girls just make me melt - she is so darn cute looking and her personality is wonderful. I wish I can just eat them up. Hot girls are nice to glance at or hook up with, but they won't make my heart flutter or my eyes widen when I see them. Many of them actually creep me out too - the single ones who are hot with the aura of 'I know I'm hot' is creepy. Shivers.

I consider Hot someone who is very attractive physically.

I consider Cute someone who is very attractive in personality, mannerisms, and other lifelong and more timeless characteristics.

I'd definitely go for Cute. Since I consider both to be qualities of attractiveness, someone who's just Hot isn't all that attractive to me.

I often find women who are hot to be quite cute, and women who are cute to be quite hot. There's a point in here somewhere...

I guess Angelina Jolie would be the archetypical "hot," and maybe Katie Holmes would be a "cute" example? But ole Katie was hot as fire in "The Gift."

Maybe a better question would be whether one prefers highly structured looks/style that enhance raw secondary sexual characteristics or whether one prefers more natural looks/style that enhance the appearance of youth/humor/good-nature in the opposite sex? Is Jennifer Aniston hot or cute?

How bout for men... ladies, is George Clooney "hot" or "cute?" How bout Brad Pitt?

I often find women who are hot to be quite cute, and women who are cute to be quite hot. There's a point in here somewhere...

I guess Angelina Jolie would be the archetypical "hot," and maybe Katie Holmes would be a "cute" example? But ole Katie was hot as fire in "The Gift."

Maybe a better question would be whether one prefers highly structured looks/style that enhance raw secondary sexual characteristics or whether one prefers more natural looks/style that enhance the appearance of youth/humor/good-nature in the opposite sex? Is Jennifer Aniston hot or cute?

How bout for men... ladies, is George Clooney "hot" or "cute?" How bout Brad Pitt?

Katie Holmes is gorgeous.

I don't really see the distinction between silly terms like "hot" or "cute." Either you're attracted to someone or not. In Miss Holmes' case, she is both cute AND hot, in my opinion.

I consider "cute" to be regarding her facial features and "hot" to be more in terms of her body and figure. But that's me.

I consider Hot someone who is very attractive physically.

I consider Cute someone who is very attractive in personality, mannerisms, and other lifelong and more timeless characteristics.

I'd definitely go for Cute. Since I consider both to be qualities of attractiveness, someone who's just Hot isn't all that attractive to me.

I feel the same way too man

Cute girls are the best!! You just can't take your eyes off them

Cute seems to be the most popular answer, but I get the impression that "cute" is not as physically attractive and sexy as "hot" but the cute girls make up for it in personality.

I prefer to be to called "hot" over "cute" for that reason. But "a cutie" or "adorable" sounds good too, lol. But I guess it's all about how it's meant. Often I'll hear a guy refer to a girl as cute meaning that she's mediocre and not as much of a turn on as hot girls. But I don't really mean it that way when referring to cute guys.

Cute seems to be the most popular answer, but I get the impression that "cute" is not as physically attractive and sexy as "hot" but the cute girls make up for it in personality.

I prefer to be to called "hot" over "cute" for that reason. But "a cutie" or "adorable" sounds good too, lol. But I guess it's all about how it's meant. Often I'll hear a guy refer to a girl as cute meaning that she's mediocre and not as much of a turn on as hot girls. But I don't really mean it that way when referring to cute guys.

Well I can see plenty of girls to be cute but yet hot at the same time!

Just look at Jennifer Connelly!!

On the other hand, I rather be called cute.

If I say a girl is "hot" it would be basically a derogatory term, meaning that I wouldn't doubt to take her to bed, but also that I would only want to see her again if she were naked on my bed.

If I say a girl is "cute", then she might be a potential girlfriend.

But would you mean that the "hot" girl is better looking?

No. The "hotness" is all about the personality and how you try to show yourself to other persons. That is why I tend to think that "hot" people are shallow, as they are so worried about their looks and what people think of them, that they don't have any time to look to their insides.

Well, I definitely don't mean Cute as mediocre, and I certainly hope some of the girls I've dated didn't interpret my well-intended compliments that way. Cute is much better than Hot, in my mind. Obviously, both is ideal, but to me Cute is the necessary attraction, Hot is just a plus.

On the other hand, I rather be called cute.

If I say a girl is "hot" it would be basically a derogatory term, meaning that I wouldn't doubt to take her to bed, but also that I would only want to see her again if she were naked on my bed.

If I say a girl is "cute", then she might be a potential girlfriend.

I agree here. One, I'm not likely to go out with a girl unless she's Cute (by my definition), and two, if she also happens to be Hot, I'd still call her Cute just because I think Cute is a better and more powerful compliment. In fact, I likewise avoid calling a girl Hot for the reason you mention--that I'm afraid people (particularly her or her friends) will think I'm only interested for her outward appearance.

Hmmm.....

They are subjective terms. When I think of the word 'hot', I think of the common definition. Curves everywhere, big lips...I dunno. That 'movie star' or 'model look'. Not my game.

I like it earthy. My own personal 'hot' IS 'cute'. I can't just see a girl and think 'dayumn'. I mean...there's always initial attraction, but I have to get inside that head to know if I really like what I see.

Does 'hot' mean they look better? I would say no. Any guy wants someone THEY are attracted to. There is no one 'best' way to look.

Edit for bad joke: If you wanna get punny, and interpret 'hot' as 'illegal', then only creeps want hot girls.

Archived