Which Would U Prefer????

I would prefer to receive this text message one day (not original to me, saw it somewhere on these forums):

"The person who is reading this has just become single."

I hate the two following with a passion, have heard them once each in my life, and ironically, it made things easier because I lost all respect for the woman in question once I heard them:

"I'm not able at this point in my life to be the person you deserve."

and the big baddie...

"I love you but am no longer in love with you."

Any person who uses either of these is a creep in my book.

Haha thats great because I can relate!!

I would prefer to receive this text message one day (not original to me, saw it somewhere on these forums):

"The person who is reading this has just become single."

I hate the two following with a passion, have heard them once each in my life, and ironically, it made things easier because I lost all respect for the woman in question once I heard them:

"I'm not able at this point in my life to be the person you deserve."

and the big baddie...

"I love you but am no longer in love with you."

Any person who uses either of these is a creep in my book.

My ex used that "I love you, but I'm no longer in love with you" crap!

Like someone has said before, it gives you that thin slither of hope that'll make you say and do some pretty dumb @ss things, like in my case writing the ex a pathetic sappy email... to which she never responded.**shudder**

I would much rather hear the painful truth than nothing at all.

Whats more hurtful for you?? Being dumped WITH an explanation ...and the brutal truth?

OR being dumped with NO warning.....no answer and or/no closure...drawing your OWN conclusions???

PS....please don't say NEITHER. That an OBVIOUS answer......

It hurts either way, but when you are given absolutely no explanation, I imagine that would be maddening, to boot. I would much prefer the brutal truth (I think, lol).

I would always prefer the brutal truth.

An ex broke up with me 2 1/2 years ago, out of the blue, just left. No warning at all. Told me that he loved me and what an amazing person I was but just walked out!

He swore blind that there was no-one else and eventually, after much pushing from me, could only say that he felt we had become more like brother and sister.

It was the suddeness of it really as we had been getting on perfectly fine, everything was normal, very affectionate, etc, so it is that kind of dishonesty I hate too, the pretending that everything is fine then...blam...it's over. I would rather have some warning signs so I am at least a little bit prepared!!

anyway, turns out he was boffing a girl he worked with for a few months before he left!

I would much rather have known that from that start so I wouldn't have spent months analysing the relationship and myself, wondering what I did wrong.

I want the honest truth .. I didnt see the dump coming.. no fights .. we were in a lull in our relationship .. she used the I need time.space etc bs.. then hooked up with coworker 3 months later (or maybe sooner if shes lying) what drives me nuts is not knowing what made her unhappy with the relationship .. why did she just Unilaterally end it? I dont want this to happen again and finding out what it was will help me grow and work on my part in it .. I dont care how brutal the critique of me is .. I can change me ..and all the guessing and "what ifs" that churn into unreal thoughts could become facts that make sense..

Archived