Hi i feel a bit rude for posting a topic without replying or helping someone else out first but i've had so much on my mind and I dont really have anyone to talk to. I am 20 and a couple of months ago my girlfriend of 3 and a half years broke it off with me.

To cut a long story short i started working away at the same time this friend of both of ours went to sea with the navy. My girlfriend and i wrote letters everyday and spoke everyday. I was only gone for 6 weeks (back in town every sunday) and so was he but when we got back she stopped spending time with me and was always drunk/drinking with the friend. She broke it off with me after i had said that i think she should spend more time with me (broke it off over the phone!) but when her navy friend went away again she came back to me and told me she loved me again. I discussed with her that i wanted to wait until her friend came back before we committed to anything again and when he did she gave me the phone call again and broke it off with me. Since then she has refused to see me and told me she'd call me and not to call her. I've heard from her 2 times and she has told me she has slept with someone else.

We were both eachother first sexual partner and first real relationship, and I loved her.. completely. We spoke of if this should happen and we both said that it is not our style to have sex with strangers. I dont understand i have the penis, im supposed to be uncontrollable but i cant get her off my mind let alone try to replace her. Finding out she has given herself to someone else, someone meaningless, has ruined me i find it hard to stop thinking about her and i dream of her most nights. My job finished the time she broke up with me so like that my entire life was ripped from me and i dont know what to do with myself anymore. Can anyone offer any advice to help me, life without her was something i kidded myself i would never have to live with...

I don't want to get back together with her i wish she'd just disappear it's that i cant get her out of my head, and the fact that she has moved on so quickly, i still havent spoke to her in person since she broke it off over the phone...

Sorry for the long post theres a lot bottled up

hmm u went out with this girl for 3+yrs …WHY???

First of all she is NOT WORTH IT …ANY GIRL WHO BREAKS OF WITH U ON THE PHONE, SLEEPS WITH ANOTHER PERSON JUST LIKE THAT , AND DRINKS WITH UR BUDDY ….DO U SEE A PATTERN I DO …AND IT SAYS …SHE AINT WORTH IT

HEY you are only 20 yrs GO OUT AND PARTY AND THANK YOUR STARS THAT YOU FOUND OUT WHAT SHES LIKE NOW AND NOT AT 28 MARRIED AND WITH KIDS.

GO OUT PARTY …ITS HER LOSS THAT SHE S NOT WITH YOU !!

SHES PLAYING GAMES IF SHE KEEPS MAKING AND BREAKING IT …SO DON’T TAKE HER SERIOUSLY

If she acts like a tart then let her hey not your problem…we all got standards in life …don’t lower yours…

Its okay to love someone and have emotions but don’t waste them on someone who aint worth it

DO something ..like join a gym or smthing u could even meet other people over there ….GO OUT and meet people in general ..

As for dreaming about her and thinking about her …just smile and say She aint WORTH IT I deserve better … u have to let go of trash .

Call her up and tell her that if she slept with someone why is she telling you that … its not your problem ..don’t be in DENIAL …TAKE THE BULL BY THE HORNS !!!!

I really want to know WHY U WENT OUT with her for 3 yrs ..was she a different person???

Heh thanks for taking the time to reply, you are right i just need to feel motivated again joining a gym seems like a good idea

If she acts like a tart then let her hey not your problem…we all got standards in life …don't lower yours…

good point i really want to thank you for that, i do have standards and i dont want to lower them.

3 and a half years is a long time but i loved her and i thought we had a decent relationship, we used to tell eachother all the time. She has changed since then and its for the worse. You are right entirely i just need to slap myself in the face and move on but it is difficult.

thanks a lot for replying, i mean it mate cheers