Is it possible for someone to be with anyone

igwmuchas

Hi Muchas,

That is an interesting question. I think that in theory anyone could be with anyone. The basis of any relationship is mutual commitment, so as long as both parties are willing to work towards a relationship, anything is possible. As I said however, that is only theory. In reality we can't expect mutual commitment from everyone because in the end we want to be with the most attractive person we can find, and of course verybody has different different criteria for attraction, and everybody views everybody else on some scale of attraction, meaning that a person will find some people more desireable than others. Now, when I say attraction I don't mean soley physical attraction, but all of the factors which make someone desireable to someone else, which of course are different for everyone.

What I'm saying is that people will be more willing to work for a relationship with some people than others, and on the flip side will be less willing to work on relationships with some people. I know that personally there are girls I do not want a realtionship with because of various aspects of their personality. But as i said attraction is all relative, everyone has different criteria.

So in conclusion, its possible for any two people to have a realtionship, however its not a very practical idea. I personally don't buy into the idea that there is only one person out there for everyone, I think its all a matter of finding someone with whom you have a mutual compatibility, of which i think there are many people out there, as long as both parties are willing to work towards that compatibility.

These are just my thoughts on the subjet, I'm not realtionship expert (my track record speaks for that). I hope this at least in part made some sense, and i'll be interested to see other peoples opinions on the subject.

mtastic

I don't think there is ONE person designed for each of us by God or destiny. However, I don't think we should get involved with just anyone. It is very dangerous to get involved with people who are not good for us. You must try to find someone who at least your same values of respect. For instance, if you value the truth and try your best to be honest with others, if you get involved with a liar, you will end up being a loser : the person will lie to you while you are honest with her. They can use you, mistreat you and victimize you.

I think that there are too many people out there looking for just a boyfriend or a girlfriend, without getting to know the persons well enough before getting involved. Once you are in a relationship, it is not easy at all to separate, there is always suffering and hurt involved and it is better just to avoid destructive relationships alltogether. It happened to me, actually, with my former bf and let me tell you that it was very difficult for me to leave him, even though he is a liar, a cheater and he mislead me big time: I really tried to get to know him very well before beginning having sexual relationships but he hid his game very well and only showed his true colours once we were involved for many months.

Hope this helped!

I have to say no, not any two people can be in a relationship... at least not a good, heartfelt relationship that stands a chance of lasting. We need to be with someone who shares similar interests, ideas, beliefs, etc.. People can disagree and their can be things about each other the couple doesn't like, but their still has to be an underlying connection, a feeling that the person understands you like no one else. Even if the saying is true and opposites attract I don't feel that kind of realtionship can last.

I don't believe we are made for certain people, but their are certain types of people we identify more easily with. Once we find someone we can identify with and feel that connection with, it's up to us to make the relationship work.

• 2 weeks later...
i dunno if this topic has been covered already or not. do u think that anyone can be in a relationship with anyone else, or do you think we are made for certain people? Hope that made sense muchas.................

I have a theary. yes you can be with anyone. as long as you have great comunication and others stay out of your buisiness. i have been there with the great ones and the not so great ones. I am currently coming out of a rocky relationship. At times it could have been great as long as we communicated and acted like adults. When other stayed out of our lives and let us live it, we were great. I believe you can have a reltionship with who ever YOU chose, with the agrement that they chose you also, (wink wink) if the other person does not communicate than nothing will work. You have to have the proper communication. Some people you jsut cannot click with because of GREAT differences. I dont believe in Soul Mates or destiny. Im 30 and havent found it yet. I kinds believe that there is someone out there for you just like everything is planned. I way I see it is, god gives you choices. if you chose his path you will be led to the man/Woman he wishes for you to be with. But then again not really. It all comes down to communication. If you cannot communicate with the ones god gives you, you will never have what he wants.

I think we all have types of people who are meant for us, and that love works best when we find one of them. And I don't mean this in the casual "What's your type?" kind of way, but the grand, cosmic sense.

And I also believe that everyone has Soulmates (more than one, and in every facet of our lives--not just romantic) and that we all have one Perfect Match. (Which, of course, is not to say a perfect person--but a person who is perfect for us.)

In fact, I believe that the couples who have loved each other for an entire lifetime are the ones who were lucky enough to have found that Perfect Match. We all strive to find it, but too many people settle for less--or for a type that's wrong for them. I truly believe this is why there's so much divorce in the world.