ok...well me'n my boyfriend where dating for over a year...everything was good...we broke up...and well...i got into drugs..alcohol....having sex...sneakin out at night...my parents are on to me..but i still do it anywayz.....and i kinda wanna stop..but kinda dont........and well im also a cutter....my friend knows about it..and she wants to say something..but i made her promise not to.....so shes not for now.....but i cant stop...its a habbit...and i dont wanna go to a councilor(sp) again..that does nothing....what should i do....please help...im a good girl gone totally bad....thankz..

kimberly521

I use to be a good boy, until I got depressed. Nothing was going right for me. I ignored my fears about drugs and became a smoker. It didnt matter that it was dangerous because I didnt want to live. I never share anything with my councelor. My parents found out. Everything got worse. Now I only do stuff every once in a while. You could try limiting how much you do your "bad" activities.

Hey Kimberly,

You remind me of me. I started drinking at a really young age and smoking and taking anything I could get my hands on. I did that because I was so depressed and no one seemed to care. Of course, at the time I couldn't see that all that stuff I was doing was making me depressed. I always felt good about myself when I was exercising, moving, doing yoga, stuff that makes your body move. Only I would only do it for a short time, get bored and go back to the drugs and alcohol. It was a dead end. The only thing that crap does is make you feel like you're worth something while you're high. But when it wears off you feel like crap. Plus you've probably done something that you're ashamed of and that just piles the worthless thoughts and feelings on. Honey, you've got to realize that you are somebody. That no matter what anybody says you are a piece of our gorgeous universe, a tiny part of God or the Creator (whatever you call your higher power). He made you for a reason, and it ain't easy but you've just got to figure out what that reason is. One thing I can tell you that I know with all my soul, and that is that he didn't make you to hurt yourself, to give yourself away to any a@@ that shows you some attention and that will use you and throw you away the minute it's over. You ARE better and you DO deserve more than that. No matter what anybody says to you or about you, you WILL have better. Just know that in your heart, cause that's the only place that matters. You can be a bum on the street (which you are not) and if you know that your heart is good and filled with love then you got the battle beat. And believe me IT IS A BATTLE. Everyday you have to fight against yourself, that part that whispers how terrible you are. Screw that!!!! When that starts yell at it to stop cause it's not the true and real you. Yell it out loud in your head and then tell it all the good things that you are about. Because baby there is so much good in you and in the world, you just have to look for it. And you're the only one that can do that. Do it for yourself. I hope this isn't too much like a sermon or a lecture, but I want to make you feel better. I hope I helped somehow, maybe a little. Just hang in there and stay strong. You'll be amazed at how much you can handle in a safe and healthy way. Please let me know how you are doing.

Lisa