I feel worthless when it comes to girls

I always had problems communicating with girls. Feeling down about myself was a very common thing - "I'm too fat - too stupid - girls hate me because I'm not a very good person - maybe I should roll over and die" Is what I would think to myself constantly. I thought I was too fat... so I started working out. Then, I thought I was too stupid... so I payed attention in school - the list goes on. About a year and 1/2 ago, I finally got the courage to ask out a girl and we went out for about a month. She wasn't that into me and I made all of the moves on her if we were watching a movie or something. When we broke up, she was so happy that I just about sank into the ground. Ever since then, I haven't been involved with girls one bit. I always wanted to, but I always feel that they like someone else, or I'm not good enough. Even today, my step-brother had a couple girls over and I tried to talk to them, but I guess I wasn't speaking loud enough. One girl, Casey, I saw accross the room, looked so gorgeous. I was very attracted to her, but she sat on Nate's lap, so I went upstairs and forgot that I even saw her. Any advice?

It sounds like you are trying too hard man! Try letting the girls come to you for a change. Thats what I do now. When I look for girls, it never happens. But when I least expect it, an awesome girl will pop up. Give it a try. Relax. Dont seem desperate. Dont be so hard on yourself. If a girl doesnt like you because of you body or other reasons then it was never meant to be anyway. You have to remember that. I have come to realize that one girl is not the end. There are so many girls out there! To me, finding the right one is the fun part, though it can be very frustrating. Good luck bro!

i know taking this advice is hard sometimes but just be yourself around girls and being by your self isn't the end of the world have fun with your buddies (possibly check out girls with them) and don't be hard on yourself if a girl turns you down. if she doesn't see you for you it wouldn't work. just be nice to, give her a compliment make her blush or giggle i know i wouldn't turn you down if you did that

Maybe you aim too high? Just do what bryan said, let them come to you. That doesn't mean you can't talk to them or flirt, just don't make yourself seem desperate. Like reni said, there are plenty of girl out there. So just relax and someone will eventually come along. it might take years or months. But if you continue to work out, just smile and hang out with your friends, you confidence will surely grow. g'luck.

Confidence doesn't come quick, nor easy. You have to work from within, so that people will notice it. Confidence doesn't mean corky, nor boastful, but rather the ability to show someone that what you're capable of, without saying a single word out of your mouth.

The easiest practice is to face the mirror everyday, and get used to yourself. Learn to accept your features, either good or bad. Soon, you won't psych yourself up by thinking what other people might think of me, because you know what other people seeing.

If you have time, pick up some books on the self-improvement aisle in bookstores, and it should help too.

Hope it helped.

You need to relax a little let the right girl find you, be happy about your self and appearances, most people ugly there just unhappy, Im sure you are a wonderful guy, but you need to calm down, I promise and I never promise, one day when you least expect it she will find you......... BE HAPPY, You are one of gods creatures and you are BEAUTIFUL no matter what anyone says........ If you think your ugly, then people will treat you like that, if your happy and humble, same goes, remember that your a hottie and the girls are missing out........ GOOD LUCK ; )

I agree with these guys...let them come to you. What that means is you can put yourself out there, but don't try to make it happen, guys who try almost always fail, because women are really the gatekeepers and they are beyond your control. Wait for the buy signals, and let the girl lead the "relationship" moves. This does not mean you're just along for the ride, though, because you can at any time end the relationship yourself and you can influence it...you just (I'm speaking about reality here) can't move it forward without her interest.

Also, in your case, I recommend you make some female friends and read some books/articles about women. Try to get to know them better, and practice being around them, and it won't all feel so daunting.