A year later, I’m in college. But it still bothers me.

It happened over summer 2017. It was LDR but he opened my eyes to so much and helped me accept myself. Then he ripped himself from me and made himself hate me in a matter of days. I’m now blocked everywhere except phone number. I haven’t contacted him since Christmas and I’ve been trying my hardest to move on.

I pulled a 180° On my family and left across the country for college where I hope to grow more and meet new people. But what he did to me still... bothers me. I find myself thinking about him and what happened almost on a daily basis. I don’t obsess and I move on after a minute or so; but it’s just the fact that it’s been over a year and how much he hurt/ruined me still bothers me.

I know I’ll never hear from him again, he left like the wind and his friends are slowly starting to drop me from social media’s (except one). Anyone have advice on what’s going on? Or what I should expect in these later stages of my recovery from a heart shattering/ scaring heart break?

Thanks!

Um, did you ever meet in person? You just have to tell yourself that it takes two people to have a relationship and obviously he didn't feel the same way about you. You've got to move on and going away to college can help. Just don't get in too much debt. I would have advised you go to a school close to home where you could have saved on room and board, but it's probably too late now.

As for getting over this guy, distract yourself with going out with friends, seeing family, going to parties, exercising, taking long walks in either the city or country, absorbing yourself in your hobbies or interests. We've all been where you are and talking to other people about and hearing their stories can certainly help.

The good news is you can focus on your new collage life and location. You should be the one blocking and deleting him and all his people from all your messaging apps and social media.

He didn't "do" anything to you. You broke up and it hurt. Make yourself free and clear of him so you can enjoy and embrace your new endeavors.🙂

I’m now blocked everywhere except phone number. left across the country for college where I hope to grow more and meet new people. his friends are slowly starting to drop me from social media’s (except one).

To answer, yes I did meet him in person. Spent multiple weeks with him and his family (and they all loved and approved of me and all).

I guess I haven’t blocked his friends yet is because; although at times I do recognize that sooner or later I had to go to college and moving into his life fully would not be the best decision for my future, a part of me still loved it and I guess I kinda still hope we will work put some day.

It's really tough moving on when your heart has been broken. I'm sorry you are going through this. Have you considered writing down your feelings? Sometimes writing down things gets it out of your head. Once you write it down, consider destroying the paper as a way to move on. Have you considered professional counseling? Maybe a counselor would be able to help you with strategies of how to move on and not think about the heart break as frequently. Maybe there is a counselor at your college that can help you. When we have heart break it does take time to recover so it is normal to still think about it. Don't be too hard on yourself. Wishing you the best.

Archived