l1995

So I’ve been talking to this guy for almost three weeks now and I really like him and last week he said he really liked me so that’s great but the last few days have seemed off. He isnt really messaging me much (went from replying back within a few minutes to replying within an hour or more). His sleep schedule is off and he works closing shifts (like 3-10 i think). We are an hour away from eachother but I have a car and have straight up told him multiple times that I’m free to hangout if he wanted to and he’d just say that he’d keep that in mind? I just feel like I’m the only one interested in trying now. I’m not sure If it would be okay for me to ask him if he’s interested through text or if that’s something that should be talking about in person?

I’ve never been in a relationship/talked to a guy this long who I actually really liked so if anyone has any advice on how to go about this, that’d be great

I’ve never been in a relationship/talked to a guy this long who I actually really liked so if anyone has any advice on how to go about this, that’d be great

Have you guys been on a date yet? How did you meet? At 3 weeks don't consider yourself in a relationship just yet. Because you like him, you are probably anxious and trying to figure out how to keep him interested. If he is interested you won't have to continue pushing him to meet up with you... he will reach out of his own accord.

Also... please don't place such emphasis on having an instant reply in text. He has a life outside his phone, and while things often start out fast and furious, it's natural for the texting rhythms to slow down over time. Don't be one of those people that gets upset when you don't get a reply in minutes... it's SO unattractive. :p

If you really want to peak his interest, stop reaching out, stop contact him, stop pushing him to hang out, and start focusing on yourself and your life again. Date other people. Go out with friends. Stay busy with work, school, activities. He will start to wonder about you and will probably reach out to find out what you are up to.

Men appreciate women that hold themselves at a high value (and vice versa) so just be you and if it's meant to be it will happen without a bunch of effort.

Understandable. We haven’t been on an actual date yet. The only reason I bring up the text thing was because for the first couple weeks he was replying relatively fast and all of a sudden since like Saturday or so he just hasn’t been? We had a slight argument or whatever you want to call it (he was upset that I lied about saying that I got off - i got nervous - cause we had hooked up) and since then he’s seemed almost distant. But I get everything you’re saying and I’m trying to do most of it lol

Archived