Thinking of moving.

Jy1986usa

Hey all. I'll try to keep this short. For those of you who don't know my story I've had a really rough 7 months. Just a quick summary -

Lost a good job, had my heart broken, lost friends, spiraled downwards fast, battled depression/anxiety, still can't find a job, thought I was getting better, but then took a step backwards again, and now I've pushed my best friend away who means the world to me but I'm not sure if the friendship is healthy to begin with because I want more than friendship and know those feelings will never be reciprocated. I'm just lost. I live in Denver and love it here but I've lived here my entire life and I am just over it. I feel there is nothing here for me anymore.

I randomly decided to fly down to Dallas to see my cousins for the weekend and they showered me with love. And my cousin and her husband told me if I needed a change I was more than welcome to come and stay in their guest bedroom for a few months (rent free) and look for jobs down here and see how I like it.

I'm just wondering what your thoughts are about this idea and if anyone has made a similar move and how it went. I've always wanted to move somewhere else anyway just because I've lived in one city my entire life and wanted the experience. And now that I've hit rock bottom and have had trouble getting out of it, it seems now is the perfect time! I have an excellent opportunity to let them help me out and see what happens. What do you guys think? Thanks...

Do it. If there's nothing holding you where you are, then start packing. Life is too short to wonder if you should take a chance on something different if circumstances permit. You'll kick yourself later if you dont at least try.

Assuming you do move, dont stay any longer than necessary with your cousin. Dont overstay your welcome and then they wish secretly that you'd leave. Give yourself a deadline to find a job and a place of your own. Dont freeload!

I think you should definitely do it! I have also recently decided to move cities after a terrible break up.. It has given me a chance to look forward to new things and put an end to the pain. As much as I love it here, it just reminds me of all the heartache.

Also, Texas is awesome! If you don't like Dallas, move to Austin, TX!

Remember you take your biggest problems with you..

Yourself so learn to forgive yourself and work on getting to like then love yourself. Then you will have the tools for a successful relationship. Don't beat yourself up but learn from your mistakes. Goodluck

Archived