Just getting angry..

My story is a long one and before people jump down my throat about blocking him know that I have not once caved or looked at any social media. A couple months ago my ex repeatedly called me at an odd hour, and it was no accident. If you read my threads you will get the gist of it. At first I finally felt a sense of validation and closure. Now as time has passed I just feel angry. I have tried to let the phone calls go cause obviously whatever he wanted to say at the time has passed or he is too chicken to follow up as he was a coward through the whole situation. He repeatedly told me in the past he has wanted to reach out but was too afraid too. I know everyone will say don't give him the satisfaction of acknowledging his phone calls cause a) it will stroke his ego and b) make him feel even more secure in his relationship because it still bothers and upsets me. I don't know why I cant seem to kill my love for this guy. I want to contact him so badly and tell him how much those phone calls were inappropriate and unfair to me, that if he has something to say don't be such a coward and call me at midnight repeatedly obviously after some type of fight he had. I also don't want to look sad and desperate as it did happen about 4 months ago and there has been no contact, that I am aware of, since. Please tell me its irrational and stupid to reach out at this point and tell him to screw off. I miss him so much but the amount of pain he has put me through and his lack of empathy astounds me. I wanted contact for so long and never thought I would hear from him again after he got engaged...what the hell did he want and why do I even care? UGH.

I guess im just asking if people think its a bad idea to set boundaries with him or if I should just continue on and not even acknowledge his weak attempt at contact.

I wanted contact for so long and never thought I would hear from him again after he got engaged...

I think you're spending too much energy on this guy. I'd go scorched earth on this one. The who's and what's and why's will drive you bananas.

Get yourself into therapy or get a group of gal friends who will let you vent to them.

Its not that i dont want you guys to say block him. I dont even have social media, hes been deleted from everything since the day we broke up, I honestly didnt expect a phone call hence why I never blocked his number. I have been attending counseling for a year, I have vented to my friends trust me. I guess I am just annoyed that he called and it affected me..and there was no explanation for his call. I left it and never blocked him after that phone call which I porbably should now cause it will save myself from going through this in the future. But Im more pissed off that he had the nerve to call and want to tell him to f off. I was just venting in order to stop myself from texting him much the same, cause it really wont achieve anything and just set me back. I just dont like that after everything he put me through and how much i wanted hope and things to work out, he has the nerve to call me while engaged. As you said wasted energy and I know that, block it is with no response I guess.

I just dont like that after everything he put me through and how much i wanted hope and things to work out, he has the nerve to call me while engaged. As you said wasted energy and I know that, block it is with no response I guess.

I wouldn't be upset... I'd be absolutely thrilled that he's not calling some other woman while with you. I feel bad for his fiance.

Archived