I just want to see her...

SuperShark

So, where to start...

My now called ex broke up with me 3 weeks ago because she couldn't be there for me emotionally through me struggles with my mental health (anxiety and insecurity issues). And she didn't feel the attraction that she used to feel. At the time, I couldn't understand why and how she broke up, because I didn't know she was handling my emotions in that kind of way. So after the initial break up I still had a lot of questions to ask her because I don't think she was completely honest with me about why she broke up. The breakup opened my eyes and I started working on myself, by going to the gym, seeing an doctor and talk about my feelings, and just talking about my problems with other people in general (as I tend to keep everything to myself instead of telling what I feel).

So with that state of mind, I went No Contact 2 days after the break up (I texted her 1 day after the break up and asked how she was doing, she responded almost 12 hours later... bad timing I know). I am now on my third week of NC and I originally wanted to call her this week, but I don't really know if that's an smart idea. She has finals coming up in 2 weeks, and they will end at the end of May.

I am afraid that by not contacting her until after her finals that she will completely forget about me or move on. One big reason it wasn't going well between us was school (I think) she was extremely busy with school, and she wouldn't have time to talk or be with me. So every time I texted her when we were together, she wouldn't have the time to respond or she responded and it took her off her school work. This had an negative effect on us, as it felt like I was pushing her, even though she wouldn't tell me she felt this way.

I just don't know what I should do. By going No Contact I thought it would relieve the tension between us so that we could talk like normal people and I could ask her the questions I have for her without being emotional and crying my eyes out. I still love her of course, and I want her to be happy, but at the same time, I want to be with her again, because I felt like the things that bothered us, could be handled and fixed. I just don't know if I should do anything at all, or wait until she contacts me.

Dating someone who has anxiety and insecurity issues is not a nice place to be. They suck all your energy and make you feel like walking on eggshell even when you have done nothing wrong. It's exhausting and difficult.

3 weeks is not even close to be enough time for you to have worked on yourself.

Let the poor girl alone so she can focus on her studies. If you want to bother her, at least respect her a bit and do so after the tests.

Excellent you are working on a self improvement plan and focusing on yourself. It sounds like she simply couldn't handle the smothering or burden as well as needing to focus on her schoolwork.

Continue no contact. She hasn't contacted you and there is no reason to contact her. It will set you back and trying to convince her you've changed, less clingy, etc. will be negated by the fact that you're contacting her in itself.

Continue your self improvement and reflecting and wait until she reaches out. It will hurt and set you back to be rejected again and hear more excuses about how she's busy, needs space, can't do this, etc.

I started working on myself, by going to the gym, seeing an doctor and talk about my feelings, and just talking about my problems with other people in generalI am afraid that by not contacting her until after her finals that she will completely forget about me or move on. I want to be with her again,

Thank you for your response, it's just hard to let someone you talked to daily go like this, but it is better off this way. I hope.

I just have the hardest time not contacting her when it is her mothers birthday, I just feel like an douchebag that won't say anything...

The truth is that when a person breaks up with you, a large part of them has already moved on. So you don't need to worry about that, in that sense. Dumpers have generally already grieved and prepared themselves to walk away.

Keep up with your self-improvement and let her be for now. If her not having time for you was an issue, it sure won't be any different now while she's still studying.

Most of us have gone through that urge to contact an ex, but you'll begin to learn a new normal without her. It does get easier as time passes.

Archived