My ex boyfriend and I had sex January 18th the condom didn't break according to him. I then got my period on January 31st which was when I was supposed to get it. It wasn't as heavy as it usually is it was pretty light. Then on February 25th I started lightly bleeding only enough to fill up a panty liner. I wasn't supposed to be bleeding at that time. My period was scheduled to start March 4th and it still hasn't came. I am a week late and I don't know if there is a possibility of pregnancy here. I've been stressing over this all month. What do you think? I haven't had any symptoms of pregnancy either.

p.s. I lost 20 lbs when my boyfriend and I broke up on December 28th I went from 110 to 90 lbs. I just now gained that back. Could that be why my period is late?

Can you take a home pregnancy test?

Based on what you describe, I think there's little chance you are pregnant. The two episodes of bleeding/spotting were likely legitimate presentations of your cycle and absolutely a dramatic weight change, especially in such a short time period can alter your menstruation in any number of ways. So can poor diet and exercise during a particularly stressful time.

Take a test and follow up with your doctor, either way, to ensure that your system is not adversely impaired by the changes in your lifestyle of late. I do not wager you are pregnant but there are symptoms of a shock to your overall health that I would be concerned about ignoring.

Best of luck.

Archived