Five Years Later, Our First Date.

Gilson

She was the reason I came here in the first place. Five years after meeting, and more than a year since the last time I reached out, we went on our first date

It couldn't be more perfect. I saw several sides of her that I never saw before. It's all I ever wanted when I fell in love with her at first-speak. She was worried when she reached out that I'd tell her to pound sand but she couldn't be more wrong. The expression on her face melted my heart as she answered my question "to what do I owe the pleasure of your company tonight?". She gushed a little, I gushed a little...

We'll see.

Second date last night. Been chatting regularly but not excessively. I suggested earlier in fhe week "sure be good to see ya..." and she was quick to set a day and then an activity (dinner and movie).

Just a nice polite evening

Third date last night.

Conversation is getting more intense. One of us should've made a move but neither of us did. It was part of her plan.

She's only been single about six weeks following a six or seven year relationship that's effectively been over about two years. She's looking casual fun right now.

We have discussed the logistics of the sleepover.

It is what it is.

Be careful. "Six weeks out of a relationship"

You may want to ask(when you think she would open up about this) whether or not she checked out emotionally some time before the end of that relationship. It may give insight as to the danger of possibly entering into becoming her rebound guy.

Nonetheless, I'm very happy that this has happened for you and that it is bringing you a lot of emotional joy. Having been there myself once, everyday with someone that makes you happy like this make you feel like a million bucks....

So yesterday and last night went as any reasonable person would expect...actually, maybe better. We went out for breakfast this morning an just got back home.

She's been single ten weeks today, so...six weeks when she reached out.

She did express on our first date that this is casual. We talked about it again on the third date. We joked a lot about it last night.

I still feel lime she says this to protect herself and me I guess. But the more time we spend together I the less convinced she is.

So while she doesn't want this to be a boyfriend/girlfriend situation, there doesn't seem to be any rules.

Seems she wants the boyfriend experience without a label on the relationship.

• 3 weeks later...
I presume you've made a move at this stage......otherwise you're heading straight for the friend zone. Also, don't care so much about labels and being her " boyfriend"........ go with the flow.

of course its too soon for that - but be very cautious - if she is only 10 weeks out of another relationship and she is telling you that "i don't want a relationship, this is casual" please really, really look out for yourself. You could be having sex, spending Christmas together and all the other markers of a relationship when she turns to you and says "i like what we have, but im not your girlfriend" - doesn't want to say the word "dating", etc. there is a difference between a new relationship where you are just getting to know eachother and there are no labels yet - but you *are* looking for a relationship vs someone who tells you "this is only casual"

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

We dated for about three months.

It's been over about three months.

I'm still smoke free.

We still chat at least once a week. Sometimes I say something or send a picture of something related to our time dating. She responds much quicker now than before. Sometimes she send something similar like yesterday morning she told me out of the blue about some records she bought earlier in the week from the place I go to every day.

Point is she doesn't just politely respond to me, she initiates conversation. Sometimes it goes on all day sporadically or it's very brief.

She seemingly ignored one suggestion for a friendly coffee or similar some time ago and otherwise politely refused another suggestion long so long ago.

Said when she's not working she lays about. Told me late last night she just got home from a movie. Maybe she went by herself. I don't know. But she couldn't sleep because of coffee so we chatted sporatically for a couple hours.

Archived